New member to group

Tartanmist
Tartanmist Member Posts: 6
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Just want to say hi to everyone, I am new member to group. Looking for support and give support to anyone that needs it. I have arthritis in my right hip and my knees. Like everyone else I am waiting for surgery to replace my hip, but at the moment having to grin and bare the pain that goes along with this condition.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968

Hi @Tartanmist and welcome to the online community,

I’m sure you’ll fit in really well here, all our members live with arthritis, and like you, many are waiting for hip replacement surgery. It’s nice to see that you’re here to give and receive support - everyone’s experiences are different and all are valuable. There have been several posts about members’ experiences of hip replacement surgery - if you type ‘hip replacement’ in the search bar ( magnifying glass at top right hand corner of the page) you can read some of the posts.

The Versus Arthritis website is also a good place for advice on how to manage pain. Here’s a link to some suggestions on how to help yourself with exercise and other treatments.

Please do have a look round the forum and join in whenever you feel comfortable.

Anna ( Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Thanks for the warm welcome. I am due to start free from pain classes in the new year to help with my hip pain. I wondered if anyone has done these classes and how much it helped with the pain and stiffness in your joints.

Thanks tartanmist.

• MaryH
    MaryH Member Posts: 12

Hi my name is mary i have arthritis in my two hips which is painfull like every day which is a pain but i have to put up with it i dus get me really down so i know how u feel maybe u could listen to ozzy osbourne lay ur world on me