Dogs and stuff

Options

1st post, should have had steroid injections in my knees 2 days ago but got cancelled as the doctor is ill 🤒 rearranged for 2 weeks time if he's better, problem is we have 3 dogs that need exercise and they pull like mad especially when we get near the field where we let them off, I've tried shock absorbing leads but not any better, any suggestions

Comments

• sunnyside2
    sunnyside2 Member Posts: 131
    edited 16. Jan 2022, 15:33
    Options

Teach them to walk in head collars, always attach lead to a secondary slip collar as well as some dogs can escape a head collar .

They won't like them but it reduces the ability to pull considerably. and that means they get more walks as aren't hurting you so is to their benefit. Dogmatic headcollars are good

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 748
    Options

Hello @Jimlin , welcome to the online community,

You have had a delay in getting steroid injections for your knees because your doctor is ill and would like some suggestions about how to deal with your energetic dogs. I have not found any dog related products among the "Arthr" range which are specifically designed to assist those of us who have arthritis.

I have found some information about help with pain and other forms of exercise which can aid people with knee problems.

Do let us know how you get on pre and post injection and join in with the many discussions and activities on the community

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Jimlin
    Jimlin Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you, I have checked the links and have most things covered.