Osteoarthritic pain in hips, knees, back, feet is ruining my life

MaggieOsteo
MaggieOsteo Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

What do you do when the pain overwhelms you and you can't carry out your day to day activities without constant discomfort and aches and pains. It's ruining my life.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 947
    edited 3. May 2022, 11:57

Hello @MaggieOsteo and a warm welcome to the online community,

You're feeling that living with the overwhelming pain of arthritis is ruining your life and you wonder what you can do - well you have made a positive first step by joining this community. Everyone on here can understand and sympathise with you, as all our members have experienced the pain of arthritis in their lives. I hope that you feel supported by being here and knowing that you're among friends. It sometimes helps to chat to others, so if you would like to talk to someone, here's the helpline number - they are a sympathetic listening ear. They are available from 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday and their number is:

0800 5200 520

You might also like to have a look at the Versus Arthritis link below that talks about managing your pain. It suggests how to assess whether your medications are working, and offers advice on self help treatments

Best wishes and do let us know how you're getting on,

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• nicholaj
    nicholaj Member Posts: 64

Welcome and hugs. It’s hard but hopefully you will be able to take advantage of the suggestions on here.