Diagnosis:scleroderma

Sarahpaul71
Sarahpaul71 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi iv been recently diagnosed with scleroderma and TMJ arthritis. After almost 4yrs of testing. Almost all blood work comes back as normal.

MRIs X-ray ect showed other illnesses which weren’t being tested for..

I also have clinical depression and Disassociated segers (non epileptic fits)

each time iv been diagnosed iv been given a leaflet. (double vision coz of illnesses.)

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Hi @Sarahpaul71

Welcome to the Online Community, it's great to see you here.

You have been diagnosed with scleroderma and TMJ arthritis and possible other things showed up to that aren't so big a concern right now. You knew you had clinical depression and disassociated segers, and you have colected a range of information!

I'll try not to give you too much more. You can get joint and muscle pain and stiffness as an added extra with scleroderma. I can relate to that as I have one main condition and 3 extras that go along with it somehow.

Our information on scleroderma is quite comprehensive, https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/systemic-sclerosis-scleroderma/ don't feel compelled to read it all, just know that it's there in case you need it. For Temporomandibular disorder (which affects the jaw and can cause headaches and jaw pain) Versus Arthritis doesnt yet have an entry so here is the one from the NHS https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/temporomandibular-disorder-tmd/

Here in the Online Community we tend to work with problems or issues, which are common to all of us with a muscular/skeletal condition (MSK) like pain, or struggling to do an activity, and there we have a really large membership ready to help. Likewise lot of us struggle to explain our condition to others, feeling we won't be/aren't believed or it's all in our minds. Here we get it, we really do, you can absolutely tell it as it is and we will help you on your journey, whether by suggesting a way to help or by keeping you company on the way.

Do post to let us know how we can help you, join in supporting other members or find some relaxation and enjoyment in the cafe or the chit chat area.

Take care

Yvonne x

• BeCS
    BeCS Member Posts: 6

@Sarahpaul71 I also have arthritis in my jaw. I was wondering if you could share any of your experience with me, i.e. what has helped? Thanks