March Knitting Challenge

Options
Brynmor
Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
edited 28. Feb 2022, 10:46 in Chit chat

What is the March Knitting Challenge?

The March Knitting Challenge is a fundraising challenge which you can make your own. Simply set your own target of how much you want to knit throughout the month, get a free t-shirt and join thousands of others knitting in March.

👕 Get a free T-shirt

👟 Set your own knitting challenge

👐 Join our amazing community of knitters on Facebook

📅 Complete your challenge in March

Comments

• Brynmor
    Options

Why should I take part?

Knitting can be a great way to relax and do something enjoyable, plus joining this challenge will connect you with an amazing community of people. Many have experiences with arthritis and they all love knitting!

What’s more, your fundraising will help to ensure that, no one has to tolerate the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis alone.

• Brynmor
    Options

How do I take part?

Go to our website to take part - versusarthritis.org/MarchKnittingChallenge. There are just four simple steps:

1. Join a wonderful community of knitters in our Facebook group.
    2. Register before 21st February to receive your free t-shirt.
    3. Start your Facebook fundraiser – it takes just 45 seconds.
    4. Set your knitting challenge, either one project, lots if items, or a set amount of time knitting each day in the month. Remember to plan in breaks if you need to.
  • Brynmor
    edited 18. Feb 2022, 10:39
    Options

How to take part if you don’t have Facebook

Simply get in touch and we’ll send you the registration form.

If you have any other questions, email us at fundraising@versusarthritis.org or call us on 0300 790 0405.

You can set up a JustGiving page for your fundraising at https://www.justgiving.com/versusarthritis

• Brynmor
    Options

FAQ and T-Shirt Registration

We’re here with you every step of the way!

No matter your target, all achievements are celebrated in our supportive challenge Facebook Group. Check out these frequently asked questions about the challenge.

There are also lots of pages on our website about living with arthritis. Here are a few:

Thank you so much for taking part – good luck! Your fundraising will help to ensure that one day, no one has to tolerate the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis alone.

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    edited 24. Feb 2022, 11:12
    Options

How are we doing here?

Do sign up to let us know if you have joined the Facebook challenge, it would be great to know how many of us can join this challenge. For everyone who isn't a fan of Facebook lets use the comments to keep ourselves going with this challenge. I've just clicked on the just giving link and it looks quite easy to use, I will add in the comments that I'm in the March knitting challenge for the Online Community then maybe we can find out how much we raise

I've not done any knitting for years, except for helping my grandchildren to do get started!

I'm planning to either make a scarf and see if I can get sponsored for every inch (gave away my age there) 😉 or maybe every 2.5 cm, or a series of squares that will hopefully all end up the same size and ask for donations per square.

Knitters - which do you think would be best?

Yvonne