Anyone with more info on scoliosis?

Good day

I have osteoarthritis but my recent visit to my orthopedic doctor revealed something else. I have been having pain on my mid back and it radiates to the chest. He did some xrays and to my shock it shows the spine is bent. Its still too early to say why but am now undergoing tests to determine and try to stop further damage. If anyone has been through this to give me a bit of insight thank you

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Hi @Macdee73

I have no first hand experience of scoliosis, though I do have a family member who developed it quite late in life - it does give her pain at times. Both she and the NHS recommend the scoliosis UK charity for more information etc

I hope this helps

Yvonne x

• Macdee73
    Macdee73 Member Posts: 50

Thank you @YvonneH will go through it. I am just 33 years old. Thought it was arthritis spreading but x-rays dont show any sign of arthritis. Blood tests showed that i am healthy and no signs of cancer or anything. Have to wait for 3 months for a check up as my doc said for now there's nothing more that can be done.

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Hi @Macdee73

What a situation you are in. You have pain and your spine is bent. Surely there must be a reason for this. I bet you are now blaming yourself and thinking you are imagining things, I went through a period like that before diagnosis. It's not your fault you know, pain is a real thing and it needs to be treated as such. It might help if you went to a pain clinic. I found mine wonderful. they started off by listening and believing what I said and then a plan was worked out between us. It could be a good place to start.

I'm thinking of you and sending strength to help you work out a way forward from here.

Take care

Yvonne x

• Macdee73
    Macdee73 Member Posts: 50

Thank you @YvonneH i am sorry i just saw your reply now. Will do as you have suggested as all the efforts till today have been fruitless. Pain management will be a great start as trying to fix the problem isnot an option at the moment.

Hope you doing well.

Regards Macdonald