Pip

Hi, after 4 months since sending my application back, surprised to see money paid into my bank today, no notification at all or correspondence off DWP over this, I'm really pleased but not sure what happens now, I did have a phone assessment last week and was told it'd take upto 8 weeks for a decision.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Good news , just a question of watch this space?!

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Staya55
    Staya55 Member Posts: 4

Just a quick update, I received a letter off DWP over my application and iv been awarded the Enhanced band, obviously I'm very pleased over the decision, it will help me so much.

• lauraauty
    lauraauty Member Posts: 2

Hi there. I applied on 17th Feb and understand it takes a long time to hear anything back, very frustrating not having any updates though to know where in the process you are. Can I ask about the telephone assessment and how that went? I’m just trying to gather information ahead of what may happen for me if they decide I need an assessment. Can I ask what kind of arthritis you have? I have stage three osteoarthritis in both legs and am needing to have Osteotomy surgery on both legs as I am too young for knee replacements (32 years old). Thanks for any information.

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 669

Hi @lauraauty and welcome to the versus arthritis forum.

I note that you have stage three osteoarthritis in your legs and plan to have Osteotomy surgery. You are interested in input regarding any potential Pip telephone assessment that may be required.

Only a general note relating to your upcoming surgery you may find this link of interest:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis-of-the-knee/

I hope you don’t have to wait to much longer to be able to progress discussions with the DWP and that you receive some useful feedback from members.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Staya55
    Staya55 Member Posts: 4

Hi @lauraauty the phone assessment only lasted 10 minutes, a couple of random questions, just going over what I'd already put down on my application, asked if any changes, there is now a delay in my foot operation, I'm waiting on another injection for my knee, and another referral for orthopaedics, I gave osteoarthritis in both feet and my left knee, the whole PIP application took from mid Nov 2021 when I got forms, filled in and posted back 7th Dec 2021, got accepted 16th March 2022. Good luck with your application.

• lauraauty
    lauraauty Member Posts: 2

Thank you for replying to me. Good luck with your surgery - hope the injection helps you. I’ve had Ostenil Plus and Depo Medrone put in so far; not the most pleasant of experiences is it!