Covid positive

Options

I take injectable Methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis and want to check I should continue to do so if I am positive for Covid?

i am scared at how this may affect me as I am a single parent with 2 kids at home, 1 who is also positive so any tips on staying healthy would be great x

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 883
    Options

Hello @MrsDawson1 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I see that you take Methotrexate for your Rheumatoid Arthritis and want to check if you should continue to do so if you test positive for Covid. Have you asked your GP or Rheumatology Team as they are likely to be best placed to understand the drugs and your personal circumstances.

In the meantime though do have a look around our website and search facility, to help I've put a couple of useful links below.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you get on and I do hope that others will contact you to share their experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• helpline_team
    Options

Dear @MrsDawson1

Thank you for posting on the helpline forum about methotrexate and Covid. I’m sorry you and one of your children has tested positive for Covid-19. I appreciate how concerned you must be feeling, and I hope you both feel better soon.

We aren’t medically trained on the helpline, so we can’t answer your question about the medication.  As Peter says, you need a medical opinion.  

The current advice is that you should not stop taking your medications unless advised to do so by your rheumatologist or rheumatology nurse. We would therefore advise you to contact your rheumatology nurse helpline, GP or NHS 111 as soon as possible for individual medical advice. 

In addition to the links Peter shared, you may find this information helpful:

I hope this is helpful and I wish you both a speedy recovery.

Best wishes

Mags

• MChristina
    Options

Hello MrsDowson1,

I understand how you must've been feeling...

I'm going through the exact same experience myself... I hope I can help my 4yr old daughter get over the covid, if I'm covid positive too? We both have a PCR test tomorrow to confirm. Of course it is scary and I still have to look brave and strong since my daughter is quite up set about it all.

Do you have any advise to make it easier, apparently children don't get too sick?

kind regards

mc

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options

Good luck with your pcr test. If you've had all your vaccinations hopefully you won't be too bad with covid. Or your little one. I suggest you ring your rheumatology helpline for advice.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • helpline_team
    Options

Hi @MChristina

I wanted to wish you all the best with your situation. If you test positive for Covid it's important to speak to your rheumatology team so they can support you with advice over medications and possible additional treatments.

COVID-19 updates | Versus Arthritis

very best wishes

Guy Helpline Team