Been to see my consultant

Jewels
Jewels Member Posts: 202
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi all I've not been on for a while hope everybody is OK. Well just been to see my consultant and he took a xray of my hip again and he's decided I need to have my thr as soon as possible as my hip is all but knackered he said the waiting list is only 6 months but I had to tell him that I am waiting for a biopsy as they have found something in my womb so he has said he will see me in 6 months time and see if he can put me on the waiting list then so not long before I go under the knife lol bit scared but excited too just thought I would let you all know what is going on thanks for reading xx

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

Hi @Jewels , I'm sorry to hear your hip has deteriorated, and also re your biopsy - I hope it goes well. But the referral for THR and the short waiting list for your hip is great news. It's tricky juggling two potential surgeries, I've been doing the same recently, but if you keep them informed I'm sure the respective teams will work out the best package for you re timescales etc. To be honest I'd ask to go on the waiting list for THR now, in the event that the biopsy is a false alarm, so you're not having to wait another 6 months. They could probably offer your slot to someone else if you need to defer the surgery for any reason. xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

That's excellent news @Jewels I am so pleased for you.

I hope the biopsy is very soon and when that comes back clear (which it has jolly well better!) you can contact his secretary to see if you can go in the list sooner?

((()))

Toni x

• Jewels

@Lilymary@frogmorton thank you so much for your kind words tbh i really don't know what is going to happen with the biopsy i was supposed to go to gynaecology in March 2020 but because of covid it got cancelled for over a year then I had a scan last November and I am still waiting for my biopsy as I have asked to be put to sleep even though I am down as urgent that's why I don't want to go ahead with the THR until its sorted the consultant was really nice and helpful and I told him im a member on here so I think he knows im not going in blind lol I just don't know if this waiting time for a biopsy is good or bad i just can't get my head around it rant over thanks again here have a bunch of flowers 💐💐 got one each haha xx

• frogmorton

Thank you for the flowers @Jewels

They are lovely.

I think if I was you I'd chase the scan up that isn't right if it's urgent. I can understand you wanted to be knocked out though and please let us know how things are going.

As far as you hip is concerned it's a really good idea to let them know you know 'a bit'😉

Take care

Toni x

• Lilymary

I agree, chase up the scan. That's far too long to wait. My scan and biopsy results were each back within 2 weeks.

• Jewels

I had the scan results i had a appointment in Jan in which they said they think i have a polyp but not 100 per cent sure and my womb lining is thick but they won't know for sure until i have the biopsy so god knows xx

• Lilymary

Could you tolerate having the biopsy without full anaesthetic? That’s probably what’s holding everything up. Can’t be worse than a smear, surely 😳

• frogmorton

So it's the biopsy you must chase up @Jewels ?

Then that's what you must do keep nagging at them ((()))

Toni xx

• Jewels

I really can't I've got a phobia i think I even have to take diazepam before having a smear lol @Lilymary and @frogmorten so maybe that is what is holding it up but 4 months on its a bit much don't you think ill give them another ring next week so fingers crossed xx

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jewels

Hi @Lilymary and @frogmorton just to let you know that the hospital has rang me today and i go in for my biopsy on the 27th so im a bit relieved that I've actually got a date so fingers crossed for me girls xx

• Lilymary

So pleased you’ve got a date @Jewels , it will be a huge weight off your mind knowing that this is now being sorted.

• frogmorton

Fingers firmly crossed @Jewels I'm sure all will be well and then you can have your hip sorted🤞

Will be with you on 27th in spirit ((()))

Toni x

• Jewels

Aww thanks @frogmorton I needed to hear that its proper burning my head out im getting really scared at the moment nice to know someone has my back xx😁

• frogmorton

Try not to think about it now if you can @Jewels that can wait until a day or so before. we used to call it 'pocket duties' on here and if someone was scared or going to an appointment on their own we would all 'pile into' their pocket and be with them😊

take care

Toni x

• Jewels

Hi @frogmorton and @lilymary@lilymary I've had the biopsy done yesterday bit sore today but not to bad just got to wait for results but got a good feeling thanks for the support 💐💐

• Lilymary

Glad today went well, I hope you get the results soon and that the soreness goes quickly. Xx

• frogmorton

Any results yet @Jewels ?

You did really really well 👍🤗 xx

• Jewels

Hi @frogmorton no not yet I've received a letter though for a appointment with a different consultant in gynaecology for the 13th of July so don't really know what that is about i just keep checking the post every morning lol fingers crossed ay hun xx

• frogmorton

13th July is reassuring - it's not so soon that they might be fearing anything sinister I think🤔

I bet you are there waiting every day I would be too🤭

Fingers 100% crossed.

Toni xx

• Jewels

Hi @frogmorton I've just received a letter saying that the appointment has been cancelled so now I really don't know what to think do you think I should ring up and see if my results are back so confused hun 🥴xx

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

@Jewels , I've just read through this post and I can only guess - pure guess - that your biopsy was originally deemed non-urgent, that your hospital is desperately short of consultants (as many are) and have a huge backlog. Therefore, they've decided you're 'non-urgent' and can wait.

As I say, pure guess. But not good enough when you've already waited so long. Personally, I'd ring my GP. Possibly (s)he has a letter which reveals more than you know as to why it's been postponed but, in any case, I find GP are often on our side because they know us and our situation. So, I'd ask for a chat with mine as a first resort. Or, I guess, you could ring the hospital and ask why yourself. My sons both tell me that friendly, polite but firm is the way to go.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton

Hi @Jewels

Hmmmm.....that's frustrating no knowing what is what🙄

I tend to agree with @stickywicket I would see whether your GP can throw any light on the issue just to put your mind at rest.

Let us know how you get on though ((()))

Love

Toni xx

• Jewels

Hi @frogmorton and @stickywicket i rang the hospital about the cancellation and they said that they shouldn't of sent the appointment out so got to the bottom of that and also found out that my results are not back yet so at least i know a bit more for now keep you updated ladies xx

• frogmorton

Thanks Jewels still here with fingers crossed though I feel sure all is well ((())) xxx