Hello 👋

Annep
Annep Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hello my name is Anne and I have arthritis and can’t believe how lately it has got so painful and limiting in everything I do I would welcome any advice from you guys. Thankyou

Comments

• Lockland
    Lockland Member Posts: 5

Just wondering what it was like before? I haven't got a lot of pain yet , did it just suddenly get more painful?

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317

Hello @Annep

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us. I hope that you will find this a safe and friendly space where you will continue to share more about your story.

So you have arthritis and have found that lately it has gotten worse to the point that it is very painful and limiting in everything that you do. You are looking for advice and other members.

What type of arthritis do you have?

I know with myself, I find that many things can cause me a flare up. If I have too much dairy, if the weather is particularly cold and/or wet, as well as the amount of stress I have in my life. There are different ways in which I manage it and it very much a personal choice as well as taking the time to try new things to see what works for me. If I'm really bad then I contact my consultant and ask for my appointment to be brought forward so that I can discuss the situation with them. I generally don't go to my GP for things relating to my arthritis purely because they don't like to change anything that as already been set up by my consultant. I'm sure that once you have a few replies from other members, you will find that all of our answers are very varied as they is no right or wrong way in how you deal with a flare up. It really does depend on you as a person and what works for you. If you a relatively new person to being diagnosed than this will happen with time.

I've attached a couple of links below that I think will be of use to you. Please take a look and have a read.

Please do let us know how you are getting on and do keep getting involved in the community.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)