New & Introductory Post

Options
fimac
fimac Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hello

I'm Fiona, 53yrs old, had Osteoarthritis and both hips replaced (2015 & 2019), then diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis (2019) some mornings I am great, some not so, I think we all know how it goes. Move well, eat well = happy days.

Overdo it and it knocks you back. Thats where I am at the moment, I helped my brother move, carting boxes, driving 300 miles in 24 hrs, late nights, bad food and I've been paying for it.

Today = good eating + exercise, I don't feel like it but I know it will help with my pain management.

Nice to meet you all & all the best

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    edited 25. Apr 2022, 11:35
    Options

Hi @fimac and welcome to the online community,

It's good to hear your philosophy of 'move well, eat well =happy days'. You've had both hips replaced and have been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis, but it seems like you are managing your condition with your positive attitude.

Have you heard of the 'Let's Move with Leon' programme? You might be interested in taking part in this gentle exercise programme that Versus Arthritis is promoting:

I'm sure many of our members will agree with your sentiments of exercise and healthy eating, and also reflect them in their lives - all of us have experienced arthritis and the forum is full of interesting people with interesting stories and suggestions. Do have a browse and join in wherever you feel comfortable. You might like to check out the Living with Arthritis forum - you can read how other members live with their condition, and perhaps you can post more about how you manage yours. The Let's Move forum might also interest you - it's all about what members do to keep active.

All the best,

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• fimac
    fimac Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi Anna - thank you for the great advice, I'll definitely take a look around.

All the best,

Fiona x