Diagnosed

Options
Suzy5
Suzy5 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone, I’m new to the group, I’ve just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after many years of pain that I put down to my arthritis and getting older. I’ve also had two hip replacements in four years.

It has been a bit of a shock being diagnosed but at least I know it’s not just all in my head 😕 After finally seeing the rheumatologist he diagnosed fibromyalgia & I felt for the first time someone understood what I was saying about the pain and exhaustion & subsequently burst into tears.

Now I’ve had two weeks to let it sink in I feel a bit ‘up in the air’ as what I should do next, do I request physio first? Different pain relief? Start exercising? As I’m in so much pain I really don’t know what to do next!

Any advice would be really appreciated, thanks 😊

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Suzy5 . I note your relief and shock at finally being given a diagnosis to account for your years of pain – fibromyalgia. I note that with a post at 2.00am that sleep is an issue.

Here is a link to information on the condition:

There is a lot to get through but you will find most topic covered. Do start with the last item, a personal story from Lyn White, it will encourage you. You will also see references to treatments that can be accessed via GP.

Here is another personal story from someone recently diagnosed:

Don’t forget, you are never alone, the forum is here to help and support. Keep posting and let the forum know how you are getting on.

Tom, Moderator.

• Suzy5
    Suzy5 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thank you Tom, I have read quite a lot on the fibromyalgia side but just still feeling overwhelmed 😕

I just don’t know where to start really.

Im sure if I just keep reading I’ll get an idea of where to start. Thanks again