Hello

Options
Sandeyw
Sandeyw Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi ,my name is Sandra. I’m 61 and live in Basildon, Essex. I have had osteoarthritis in both knees for several years. The pain has greatly increased in the last 18 months. It has become unbearable the past few weeks. I am now on Tramadol 100mg, 3 times a day. St not doing much. I’m having to use a Tens machine throughout the day and night.

I would love to chat with others.

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @Sandeyw

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us.

So you have Osteoarthritis in both of your knees but the pain had now greatly increased in the last 18 months. It has become unbearable in the last couple of weeks. You are now on tramadol and use a tens machine through the day and night. You're looking to chat to other members of the community.

It sounds like the pain is really knocking you for six which isn't nice at all. Have you found that the tramadol and tens machine have helped at all with your pain? Sometime it takes a while to get the right medication level to bring our pain back to a more manageable level but you will get there. I know a lot of people in the community use tens machines which they find very helpful.

If you are looking to meet new people and chat I would recommend having a look at Vals Cafe here on the community. It is where we have some regular members post on a daily basis and share what's going on in their life as well as share recipes and pictures. I'm sure they would love to hear from you and they are a lovely and friendly bunch!

If ever you need to have a chat or the pain gets too much, you could try talking to our helplines team who are available during the week. I will attach their details below for you to have a look at.

Please do let us know how you are getting on and do continue to keep getting involved in the community as we are always looking to make new friends.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)