Pain behind the knee.

Options
ELAINE55555
ELAINE55555 Member Posts: 123
edited 1. May 2022, 21:01 in Living with arthritis

I have had rheumatoid for 10 years now. It is well under control. I have now developed pain at the back of my knee. Painful in the mornings and also getting on feet after sitting for a while. Does knee arthritis affect the back of the knee ? Or could it be something else?

thanks

Comments

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi @ELAINE55555 ,

Do you have a RA nurse you could call is it warm to touch I would be tempted to call your surgery or your RA nurse just to get some advice please keep us informed how your doing

take care

Jona 😊

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options

Hi there. Long time no see☺ Sorry you're having problems.

It could simply be the arthritis but there's a chance it could also be a Bakers Cyst if it's behind the knee especially if there's swelling there. Your GP should be able to tell you. As I, dimly, recall, the treatment is just elevation and rest.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Bella59
    Bella59 Member Posts: 33
    Options

I agree with Stickwicket could be baker's cyst,I myself had this after knee replacement several weeks after operation.Will take time to go down,elevation,ice and pain relief.You should maybe get gp to check this over.Hope you will feel better soon.

• ELAINE55555
    ELAINE55555 Member Posts: 123
    Options

Thanks for your replies. I had a routine blood test today, so the result next week might give me some clue. Knee is not warm or stiff, it’s just painful through the night and I can’t put weight on it in the morning or after sitting for a while. I am going to try for appoint at ra clinic, as I know my dr will just put me forward for physio. I’ll need to Google bakers cyst, I’ve not heard of that one.