Ran out of methotrexate, only took half dose

I accidentally miscalculated my methotrexate stocks and only had enough to take half my once weekly dose yesterday. I've managed to get more pills today and am wondering if I should take the rest of this week's dose today and then resume normal weekly amount in a week from today, or wait a full week from yesterday before taking any more (a full normal dose).

I normal take 3pills in the morning and 3 in the evening, once a week but yesterday only had enough for morning dose.

Please can anyone help with this?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

I'm not a member of the Helpline team, just a forum member who takes ,ethotrexare. This is the NHS guidance. The bit about missing a dose is right at the bottom of section 4.. https://community.versusarthritis.org/discussion/51301/hyaluronic-acid-injections-on-nhs

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mwerner
    mwerner Member Posts: 2

Thanks.

I ended up asking the local pharmacist and they suggested taking the 2nd half of yesterday's dose today and then readjusting my dosing day to a week from today.

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

A good result. Pharmacists are very informative and helpful. 😀

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Hi@mwerner

Thanks for your post to the Helpline.

A situation like this one did need you to speak to someone medically qualified, so the pharmacist was a good option.

If you'd like any further information or support, do ring us on our freephone 0800 5200 520 9am-6pm Mon-Fri.

kind regards

Guy