Second booster

Options

Has anyone been invited for a second Covid booster (5th jab)?

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,412
    Options

Haven't heard from any of us yet @Elwyn

Have you read this?

I think it's a case of waiting to be called😕

Take care

Toni x

• Elwyn
    Elwyn Member Posts: 26
    Options

Hi Toni

Thanks for your comment, I have managed to book my fifth but was wondering if any one else had as I have been told by someone working for the NHS that 5th jabs aren’t being offered yet.

I am definitely having it as the more protection I can get the better as far as I am concerned. Hope you get yours soon if you’re in the same position as me.

Elwyn

• Elwyn
    Elwyn Member Posts: 26
    Options

And thanks for the link!

• Sunflower46
    Options

I wasn't invited but went to the nhs online booking service and was able to book my "spring booster" and went along today.

Disappointingly the pharmacist didn't seem to think I was eligible. (Despite being on both mtx and a biologic) I referred him to the jvci recommendation and the government guidance and he agreed I was.

It's so frustrating that still we have to fight for what we need. However just happy to have had it as my kids both at 6th form and hubbie works in supermarket

• Rosiepup
    Rosiepup Member Posts: 21
    Options

I am in the same position as you Sunflower46, I didn't get a text or anything from my GP but I'm afraid I have given up on them after a saga last autumn over trying to get the 3rd primary jab. I didn't get anything from the GP about booking my 1st booster (4th jab) at the beginning of the year so just took myself along for that, so I had no hope that they would be up to speed on the spring booster (5th jab). I just booked online once the 12 weeks had passed since my 4th jab. When I went for the appointment(at a different medical centre, not the GP) I took all my previous jab cards, my prescription showing I'm on methotrexate, and a print out of page 28 of the JCVI Green book which states that immunosuppressed patients can have the spring booster 3 months after the 4th jab. I didn't think I'd need all this but I did! First the lady doing the jabs said I was eligible, then changed her mind when she realised I'd already had 4 jabs, I read page 28 to her and she went to check while another lady there started telling me it depends what area you're in (?). After checking she said I could have it after all.

I agree, it is frustrating. I don't know if my GP practice is typical or just inept, but I wonder how many immunosuppressed people are missing out on these boosters because they just aren't being told about them by their GPs. And how many people are turned away at the vaccination centres because the vaccinators aren't clear on who's eligible. We really shouldn't have to go to the lengths of downloading and printing off the Govt guidance to get what we're entitled to.