Hydrotherapy

I have just completed 6 week hydrotherapy sessions via the physio department and would like to know if there are any hydrotherapy classes I can go to to follow on. I live in South Yorkshire. My physio has only been able to suggest Aqua-aerobics or Aqua zumba at my local leisure centre, both of which would not be suitable.

Thanks

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 947

Hello @sharon59 and welcome to the online community,

You've just completed a six week course of hydrotherapy in South Yorkshire and you'd like to continue but don't know of any classes around that you can attend.

I had a quick google and found that the Hoyland Leisure Centre offers hydrotherapy sessions through the NHS and this might be where you attended. As you say, it doesn't look like there are any other pools in the area, but since the Hoyland pool is several degrees warmer, would it be possible to visit the pool by yourself and go through the exercises that you've learnt over the last six sessions.

Other members may have more suggestions for you - water based exercise is certainly good for relieving pain and relaxing and strengthening muscles, so I do hope you are able to continue. The Versus Arthritis website has a page on different types of exercise that you might find interesting:

Do take a look round the community and join in when you feel comfortable - you might find it interesting to read about how other people manage their condition in the Living with Arthritis forum.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm