good news!

Hello friends - I just had to share this with someone. After waiting years I have at last been put on the hip replacement list. Ok could be a long wait but the ball is rolling! I spoke to the most wonderful gp - he actually listened, advised and gave me some hope! There you go miracles still happen! will keep you posted. Getting this far after being refused surgery more than 3 years ago because of high bp - I can breath more easily because it's something positive at last! Love to you Duffer.

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

That’s great @duffer! How lovely to hear some good news at last. The waiting lists are shrinking a bit, so I hope you won’t be waiting too long, and that your GP supports you while you wait, now that they’ve recognised the awful state your hip has reached.

• duffer
    duffer Member Posts: 46

Thank you Lilymary - this all came to a head when I nearly keeled over after standing for about 20 minutes - scared me to death! Anyway I plucked up the courage to call the surgery after waiting for over a month for a gp to ring me which he promised, only to find he had retired! Good of the surgery to inform his patients (not). The guy I spoke to is always difficult to get because he's so good. I cannot believe my luck - still scared of standing too long and getting panic attacks - but hey - it won't be forever! Thanks Lilymary. Duffer.

• duffer
    duffer Member Posts: 46