Bandage Slips

If I bandage my thigh or knee to provide a bit of support either roller or tubigrip it gradually slips down. Does anyone have any wise tips on stopping this happening

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Braces? Sorry only joking can you tape them on at the top with fabric plaster roll? You can get it from chemists.

I don't think there is a real solution other than that idea, but it's minimised by the bandages being tight enough to start with I suppose.

Sorry i wasn't much help was I?

Take care

Toni x

• N1gel
    N1gel Member Posts: 160

I use a brand of elasticated joint support that's made of bamboo, keeps the joint warm but allows it to breathe. Widely available, not cheap but I'd recommend them.

• airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579

If you constantly use a support then the muscles, tendons and ligaments will not be exercised and loose joints wear quicker. If you need to have a support then you might need to find a garment made for the job, I expect someone somewhere makes one? The bamboo ones sounds interesting.

its a grin, honest!

• N1gel
    N1gel Member Posts: 160

Sorry Airwave, that's not necessarily correct. I've been wearing a metal knee brace for over ten years with no major muscle, tendon or ligament deterioration. I also wear the bamboo elbow support with no ill effects. I don't wear them when I'm exercising but they make daily life possible.

• airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579

And we can’t state the condition of your muscles, tendons and ligaments before you started using the aids? Without any fact based evidence the summary is true.

its a grin, honest!