Let's Move Monthly Challenge - June

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
edited 13. Jul 2022, 09:38 in Let's Move

Want a walking challenge that you can shape yourself?

Around 10 million people in the UK are living with arthritis. It can affect people of all ages – even children and teenagers. Living with arthritis can be challenging - chronic pain can make everyday tasks, like making a cup of tea, really difficult. It is often dismissed, and this can lead to isolation and frustration.

Join our amazing team of steppers, coming together in June to defy arthritis. With your help, support is available and there are many things people can do to live a fulfilling life.

Read more to see how you can get involved in the June steps challenge.

Comments

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233

Hi everyone and @movingslowly

Well it's a walking challenge, so I think the first thing to do is to see how far I can walk in how long. I shall do it as I did the other challenge, I'll go for a walk and see how far I can go until I have to stop and then I can work out what my challenge will be.

We live on a hill and that might be tricky. I do have a circuit I can do so I can maybe time myself doing that. I could make it a bit longer too if I got that good (haven't made it yet)

As we live near the sea I would like to go for some level walks along the prom, it will need a bit more planning but surely I can do that.

xx

• @wazz42 Go for it :)

Please let me know how you get on.

I have yet to plan out my stroll. Given it's only 31st May at the moment, technically I still have 24hrs of planning time remaining :)

If procrastination was a sort after skillset I'd be at the top of my game.

I'll be back, soonish, with more deets of my wanderings.

In the meantime, I hope you'll keep me/us up to date on where you decide to walk :)

• wazz42
    edited 6. Jun 2022, 14:02

Good afternoon,

Well I've just done my first walk. I did the walk around our area on the shortest route. I put an app stopwatch on my phone, set it off and started walking not realising that the silly thing had turned itself off! I checked it at what I thought was about half way to see it was still at zero. On the way back, not identical to the way there it worked as it should and took 10 mins 11 secs.

I'm going to assume it is a 20 minute walk and go from that.

My challenge will be to walk 4 times a week of at least 20 mins, then if I go to the prom to take my walk I can use time as the marker.

Walk 1 so far!

xx

How is it going @movingslowly

• wazz42

Where did time go? Walking along the prom hasn't happened yet though there is time left.

Problem is I had our 3 g'ch for the weekend between chauffer-ing to the swimming pool (no good for me as it's too cold for my Raynauds condition not to mention the acrobatics getting a swimsuit on/off) and caring for a 2 yr old I feel I've done lots of exercise -

Lifting weights

getting close to the ground to play

repeated actions picking up toys

slalom racing to avoid the others

core muscle building getting up to close doors so the youngest can't get into rooms not baby proofed

I did get 2 walks last week though so that's not too bad.

No excuses next week

xx