Hello , Imak compression

Misty
Misty Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi , I have just joined up ,

I have arthritis in both hands and osteoarthritis in both knees. The pain can be intense at times.

I wear Imak compression knee sleeves and compresssion gloves at night for the pain, and occasionally during the day, depending on what Im doing, for me they work really well.

Having always been fit and active , its been hard not being able to do the things I used to, but focusing on the things I can do and taking the positive out of everyday helps a lot.

Comments

• janey4
    janey4 Administrator Posts: 38

Hi, @Misty Welcome and thanks for joining

You have arthritis and osteoarthritis in both hands and are experiencing intense pain at times. Wearing the compression gloves and knee sleeves are working well for you. Great to hear that focusing on the things you can do and taking the positive out of everyday is helping you.

Please do reply and let us know how you are getting on. Please have a look around and join in elsewhere on the forum as well wherever you feel comfortable.

Take care

@janey4

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233
    edited 7. Jun 2022, 14:02

Hi @Misty

It's good to meet you, you sound like a very positive person, I try to do that too, some days are harder than others. I just wanted to point you in the direction of the chit chat area where they have discussion on gardening and pets and things like that, in case they would suit you too. IF you have a hobby that's not listed do start one, we used to have a regular quiz and a book club that I miss, although I didn't usually join in I enjoyed seeing what was going on and getting book ideas is always great.

The other thing I do lots is check out the living with arthritis area and see if I can offer support somewhere every time I log in, I know how pleased I was when members helped me when I had a new knee

See you around

xx