Sixty
Sixty Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Just joined feeling very low as had first flare up of. Arthritis in my knee

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317

Hello @Sixty

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us.

So you have arthritis in your knee and have been having a particularly bad flare up and it has left you feeling very low.

I can completely understand where you are coming from. It is incredibly hard to not let a flare up get to you at the best of times but when it is a bad one it is bound to effect how you are feeling. Just remember that you are not alone in this and that now you are a member of the community, you will never have to go through feeling like this on your own again. We are here for you whenever you need us and will support you in any way that we can. That's one of the wonderful things about this community - there is always someone around to talk to you or just listen when you need them.

I've attached a couple of links to information that I think may be of benefit to you below. Please have a read when you have a moment.

Please let us know how you are getting on and please do continue to keep getting involved in the community. We are always looking to make new friends and are a friendly bunch. Also, if you have a moment, you may want to check out Val's Café. Its a great place to get chatting to other members and meet new people.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)

• Fran54
    Fran54 Member Posts: 180

Hi Sixty

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling low with your flare up of your knee. I have osteoarthritis in my right knee and can remember feeling down when first diagnosed. Are you getting any pain relief from your Doctor and have you been given any physio exercises to do? They are certainly not a miracle cure, but my Doctor gave me Naproxen ( to be taken with Omeprazole)this has helped me with the pain on bad days and also helped me to be able to do exercises given to me by my physio. I find that every day is different and some days I can do more than others, that is exercise or gardening ( for me this is another form of exercise ) but I either do one or the other. I have had to learn to pace myself with activities/exercise. Please remember that you are not alone with this.

Take care.🙂

• JaneyT
    JaneyT Member Posts: 2

Hi Sixty,

I also have arthritis in my knees, worse in my right knee, and sadly I am suffering with long covid too. I have also just had MRI results confirming arthritis in my spine so a in a bit of a low place just now. I am new to this group, like you, and hoping that there is light at the end of the tunnel! Unfortunately with the chronic fatigue and pain I have just about everywhere because of long covid the word ‘exercise’ poses all sorts of problems for me; currently I have crutches to support me to walk if/when I go out and I can’t walk far. We are even contemplating a wheelchair for me for longer distances. I have a community physio coming to see me, hopefully tomorrow, to look at what aids might benefit me. You are not alone Sixty, sometimes even just knowing that can help, but I hope your flare up subsides and you get some good days too and find help managing the bad. Blessings.

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 677

Hi @JaneyT

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum. 

I see that you suffer from arthritis in your knees and more recently your spine. You also have long covid which is causing you additional issues. Hopefully the visit from your physio will provide some ideas to help ease your situation as regards mobility.

This link to an article on our website may be of interest:

I hope that joining the forum and sharing your situation with others who have similar symptoms helps raise your morale. 

I see that you have already contributing to an existing discussion which is great.   

Please do have a look around the rest of the community and see if there are any tips for you, maybe in the Living in Arthritis area. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm