Facial nerve pains

Options

Hello as a new member I'm wondering if anybody has had the left side facial nerve pains I have currently. I have been suffering with shoulder and neck pains for 2 years also.

Comments

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @Bernardo, thank you for posting on the Online Community helpline page. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing shoulder and neck pain. We don't know what type of arthritis you have but a lot of people do experience pain in the neck & shoulder due to their arthritis.

Unfortunately we don't have any information on the facial nerve pain that you refer to, and you may wish to discuss your symptoms with your GP directly.

It’s fairly common for people with rheumatoid arthritis to have pain and swelling in their shoulders and this can also affect your neck. Most shoulder problems only affect a small area and should last a relatively short time, however sometimes the problem in your shoulder could be part of a wider, long-term condition such as, osteoarthritis.

You can find out more about shoulder and neck pain, and how to manage your symptoms here, hopefully you will find this useful.

Regards

Helen, Helpline