New to RA

Options
Jessican
Jessican Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi all

I'm new here and wanted to say hello and ask for advice.

I was diagnosed with seropositve rheumatoid arthritis in October last year. Since then it has been a struggle with getting my medication right. Each month I have had to be given steroids either tablets or injections.The consultant wants to try me on biological meds.I have an appointment at clinic next week Can anyone pass on their experience of these type of med?

thank you

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Hello @Jessican welcome to the online community

You have been diagnosed with RA and have been having a struggle to sort your medication . Having tried steroids your consultant now suggests biological meds . Many of our members have found that initially after diagnosis it takes a while to settle into the correct type of medication that suits them. It will be useful to go to your appointment next week armed with information and some questions ready so that you can gain as much from the consultation as possible. I hope that our members will be able to share their experiences of these meds with you to help you sort out your treatment .

I attach a link about biologics which you might find helpful.

The Helpline is open Monday to Friday 9.00 - 6.00 if you would like to talk one of our team - 0800 5200 520.

Meanwhile do browse round the community and join in with us, we are a friendly and supportive group and look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.