Osteoporosis, osteoarthritis & me

Pug
Pug Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Anybody any advice on all their joints locking, constant pain, not being able to do things as you used to?

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522

Welcome to the forum, @Pug . I see that you have osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. Your joints lock, you are in constant pain and find your self unable to do what you used to.

I found this on our website:

Many years ago my son, a research scientist into bone diseases and arthritic conditions, gave me a piece of advice that has lived with me ever since. For over 40 years I had suffered with arthritis, gradually losing the ability to perform many tasks originally well within my capabilities. The suggestion, while sounding simple, was not to dwell on all the things I could no longer do but to concentrate on the things that I could still accomplish.

This took away the feelings of inadequacy and drove me to pursue a dream I had nurtured for many years. In 2012 I had a first book, 'Curse of The Mardale Skull', published at the age of 77. I hope this encourages others! One other motto that always springs to mind is: “It’s only a hill – get over it!”

George, via email – 2014

You may also find these links helpful:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/managing-symptoms/managing-your-pain/ 

You will find many posts from members who have experiences similar to yours.

I hope you find help and encouragement. Post again and keep us up to date with your progress.

Tom, Moderator.