Finding it painful to work at the moment.

Options

Hey all

I'm new here 😁

I was recently diagnosed with Psoriatic arthritis back in December 2020. Started treatment on salfasalazine which sadly didn't end too well. Lots of side effects and found working in general very difficult.

Cut a long story straight I'm now on ciclosporin. Started over a week ago now and I'm still really struggling with the side effects. I feel so unwell and the fatigue is awful.

Has anyone got any similar story to mine or anyone share some help/advice. I'm a dental nurse and working whilst feeling like this is ruining me. I don't really know what to do!

Thanks x

Comments

• ChrisK
    ChrisK Member Posts: 37
    edited 22. Mar 2021, 09:16
    Options

Good morning @Christina91

Welcome to our Versus Arthritis forum. Here you will find our members are friendly, helpful and empathic. They will answer your questions/queries as they have found them as these relate to their own conditions.

You have psoriatic arthritis and you are having problems and side effects of your medications. You have had a change of medication but you still are experiencing side effects especially fatigue and general feeling of being unwell. Fatigue on its own can make doing many things hard without the feelings of being unwell. Have you spoken to any of your health care professionals about the side effects that this new medication. It may be a good idea to speak to one of them about this. If you have a rheumatology nurse ringing her might be the quickest way to get answers to your problems.

Versus Arthritis produces many booklets and fact sheets on the many conditions and its related conditions. I have below put links which might be of interest to you:

Psoriatic arthritis | Psoriatic arthritis | Causes, symptoms, treatments (versusarthritis.org)

Managing fatigue | Causes, self-help, support (versusarthritis.org)

I hope this information will help you to understand these problems. I look forward to reading your future posts and to read how you are now doing.

Take care, best wishes

ChrisK

• AngelaB
    AngelaB Member Posts: 6
    Options

Hi Christina

How are you getting on. I also have PA and was diagnosed at 19 and am 45 now. I am also having a really tough time of it at the moment so i ubderstand how hard working can be as i am off a lot with my illness.

Are you still on the ciclosporin.?

Angie

• Keeley261994
    Options

I have arthritis in my hip and knee and struggling to work painkillers are not doing if anyone can suggest anything would be appreciated Kim

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 748
    Options

Hello @Keeley261994 welcome to the online community,

You have arthritis in your hip and knee and are struggling to work. You say that painkillers are not doing it for you but do not say which ones you have been prescribed. As you see - from the link below - there are many different medications and your GP and /or Rheumatologist will prescribe the best one to suit your condition. If you are finding the pain affects your ability to do your job you may need to talk to your manager or HR to ask for a change that allows you to rest more or reduce your hours.

We are a safe and friendly place to share your concerns and our members offer each other support on a huge variety of topics . So I hope that you will browse round the community and join in with the discussions and activities.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.