advice

hi i was sent information by patient access about a digital physiotherapy app called one step you pay a monthly plan and get access to your own expert physio A recovery plan or personal treatment plan and other things all through your phone it starts at basic £25 a month and then premium £75 a month have you heard of this service before from other users in the community im just a bit apprehensive as i havent heard of it before and its alot of money to pay out but if it means i dont have to wait on NHS waiting lists it may be worth it but its all done via video link on your phone app. Any advice or information would be very grateful thanks

Comments

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 691

Hi @clrdwns1982

I've just googled it and it looks like it's an American company based in New York. Looking at the list of staff and what they do they don't seem to have many physios and don't seem to have dedicated rheumatology physios. It does appear they offer a 14 day free trial.

https://www.onestep.co/company/about

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Is this like private treatment?

I had never heard of it @clrdwns1982 I'm not sure I'd be happy to pay for that you can get referred to physio free on the NHS I know you might have to wait a bit but still.....

that would soon add up.

Are you going to go for it?

Toni x

• Hi @clrdwns1982

Thank you for posting on the forum. I can see that a couple of our members have already responded to you. However we would always advise people to use caution when paying privately for treatments, especially if the company is based abroad. As @frogmorton has said physiotherapy is available for free on the NHS but you can also seek private treatment here in the UK as well, your GP or Rheumatologist should be able to help you with this.

Hopefully the links below may offer some help. If you did wish to find a registered physiotherapist in your area please do take a look at the 2nd link

Best wishes

Helen

Helpline

• @frogmorton I don’t think I am going to try it I think I’m better off speaking to my GP for a referral to physiotherapist my only problem is that I suffer from agoraphobia so getting to appointments is a nightmare I need to be medicated to go outside to minimise the panic attack’s and outbursts that why I considered it as it’s all done via video chat but I’m sure there will be places closer to home that offer the same but money is tight as we all know but I appreciate all of your feed back and I will check out the links posted by help_line team it’s good to know you’re all out there and I’m not alone 🙏❤️

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

We are all here @clrdwns1982

I bet there will be a way of getting the physio online without the need to spend a fortune.

The last thing you need is to be medicated, but with COVID I reckon they would be very happy to do most of it at least via the telephone.

((()))

Toni x

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 691

Hi @clrdwns1982

I don't know if it's possible in your area but during the pandemic I was given 12 weeks of one-to-one physio via video link by my local health authority. It was very helpful and I'd recommend it if it's available to you.