Pain relief

Options

I'm at my wit's end. I am waiting for 2 replacement hips and 2 knees due to Osteoarthritis. I've recently found out that the blood supply isn't getting to my hips so I'm waiting for an 'urgent' appointment 🙄🤞

It doesn't seem to matter what pain relief I'm taking the pain doesn't seem to diminish. I am taking Diclofenac slow release and Morphine Sulphate 10mg along with regular paracetamol. (Previously i was taking cocodamol 500mg/30mg with diclofenac)

I cant walk or sleep... only 6 weeks ago I was still able to work as a carer.

Any advice???

Tagged:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options

If the blood supply isn't reaching your hips that sounds like avascular necrosis. Given that meds are usually delivered by the bloodstream I can see why they wouldn't work.

In your situation I'd want a chat with my GP. I'd ask him to expedite this 'urgent' appointment. I'd ask what exactly is going on with your body and what, in the interim, can be done.

Sometimes we just have to do our own admin. Take charge and good luck.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Sunnyside_12
    Sunnyside_12 Member Posts: 27
    Options

I'm extremely sorry you are going through this. I agree you need to contact doctor and tell them again about what you are going through, pain level, have you got a physio, who could help pushing forward with your operation? I have learnt in these times, we are the ones who have to really push. I have osteoarthritis in both hips for nearly 3 years, I was told last year I was referred, a physiotherapist forgotten to do it, I am now referred year afterwards, we have to push hard, can't get forgotten about.

Best of luck

Ruth