OA in knees getting worse

Arthur_It1s
Arthur_It1s Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi All ,

im a 56yr old male and have been managing my OA in knees for some time now , i have lost weight and remain active, i use gym to do all strengthening and conditioning for legs/knees and enjoy swimming. On "higher activity"days i use voltarol and and take codine to help manage my pain. I have been rolling along for some time like this ,however more recently my pain on my more active days has increased and also seems to be creeping into my normal day to day activities. i know everyone will say see your GP - was 20th in queue this morning when i had to hang up ! Has anyone

had any success with any other topical treatment or different medication ??

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 668

Hi @Arthur_It1s @Arthur_It1s, 

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum. 

You have been living with OA in your knees for some time and when necessary you take voltarol and codine for pain relief. However, more recently your pain has become more frequent. You’d like to hear from any forum members who can suggest any other treatments/medication that may be helpful. 

Whilst you wait for some, I hope, useful feedback, you may find this link to our website useful:

Here’s a link to an existing forum discussion which you may wish to join in on:

On Living with arthritis we have posts from many members who live with arthritis, I'm sure you will be able to find some other discussions you may wish to join in on or, if not, start a new one.

I hope you receive some useful advice that helps keep you pain management in check.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm