Hi!

HS1
HS1 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi Everyone!

I have just been recently diagnosed with RA. I was scared at first but now I feel relieved to know what was causing my pain all this time. It took me along time to get my first diagnoses as the doctors would say I was too young to have RA. I realised I had to keep pushing for answers with my GP, after a blood test and a MRI they officially diagnosed me.

I would like to say to anyone who is struggling with their treatment or if you feel like you are not being listened to - please do not be afraid to speak up and raise your concerns with your GP, PALS or other organisations like Versus arthritis. Ask as many questions and try different treatments that will work for you. Everyone is different and so are our bodies.

Thanks!😀

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Hello @HS1 welcome to the online community

Thank you on behalf of all the members for your positive message , it is great to receive a post that encourages us all to keep asking questions .

If any one else feels moved to further action do look at the Versus Arthritis News section and the Campaign section

We hope that your RA is stable at present and we look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Poppyjane (Moderator)

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.