RA at 31

CBL
CBL Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Good afternoon everyone,

i am so pleased to find this online community

I am 31 years old and after 9 months of investigation, I have now been diagnosed with RA

i started on Sulphasalazine 3 months ago as I got to the point I was unable to weight bare on my feet, and last week they added in hydroxychloriquine!

please excuse my spelling!

is there anyone else out there my age ? It feels a little early on in life for me!

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791

@CBL

Welcome to the online community,glad to see you posting.

You say you are 31 years old and after 9months of investigation you have just been diagnosed with RA,and have started on medication.

To answer your question yes there are others on the forum who are young and have Arthritis. You can start chatting on our forums and meet them they are wonderful people who will give advice and will understand what you are going through.

I dont know what information you have been given about your condition but if you want we can fill in the gaps you dont understand just let us know.

Hope all goes well for you and please keep in touch and tell us how you are going on

all the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Hi @CBL

Many of us were young too when we started with our Arthritis, but are no young anymore (bah!)

This is a story by a 25 year old Mother of 2 worth a read she also has a blog

Have you seen the post by @HS1 today too?

Maybe you can support each other?

Take care

Toni x