Recently told I have OA

Been recently told i have Osteoarthritus its in my hands knees feet wrists and neck.I think i must be having a flare up at moment as it hurts so bad.As anyone got any ideas how i can ease this pain.Doctor has only given me some gell im alergic to ibrufen and asprin.

Tagged:

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 877
    edited 16. Sep 2022, 08:17

Hello @6rEK5t5G9 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that you will find that as well.

I understand that you have Osteoarthritis in your hands, knees, feet, wrists and neck and you are having a flare up at the moment. I also understand that you cannot take Ibuprofen or aspirin. I would go back to your GP to see if there is anything else. I too cannot take ibuprofen but got the doctor to prescribe co-codamol (strong ones, not over the counter ones) and Capsaicin cream, see info below

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• janiebin
    janiebin Member Posts: 53

Hi there , glad you found us. This is a great group for support.

I find I manage ok on paracetamol with occasional top ups of co-codamol. I also use warm water to exercise my hands and feet in, the pain eases for a while as long as I don't over do it. I know it is easier said than done! If I get to a pool then that helps everything, I don't swim much just use the water to do stretching exercises and for muscle strength. It is great relaxation.

Some people use heated / cool pads and also TENS machines but I have not tried one of those .

Hope this helps