Hello

Options
Bren
Bren Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I have RA and OA and have joined for support and help.

I have it in my knees, hands and feet, I find it hard to get out and about and feel that I am holding up my family and friends when I get out, I know I shouldn't feel this but it is very hard not too.

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 993
    Options

Hello @Bren and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and it affects your knees, hands and feet. You should not feel that you are holding your family and friends up.. It is something that you, and they, need to adjust too. Have a look at the following articles from our website, hopefully they may be of some use.

The website also contains information on how arthritis affects us, e.g. you could search on knees, treatments as well as Hints and Tips.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options

Well, Bren, we always say that arthritis affects everyone in a family albeit in different ways. I've had RA and OA for years too and I know I used to slow my family down before I let them push me in a wheelchair. You could try a scooter. That'd be more fun. But most of all talk to them about how you feel and ask how they feel too. Work together on how you can make things better for all of you. And talk to us too. We get it because we've all got it.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright