Methotrexate and lanzosparole

Options
TrudyD
TrudyD Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone, I'm about to start MX, already on Hydroxychloroquine and folic acid but forgot to ask if I'm still to take lanzosparole with the MX? I'm newly diagnosed and finding it all overwhelming, especially the medication side of things.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 748
    Options

Hello @TrudyD welcome to the online community

You are newly diagnosed and are finding the whole experience especially the medication side overwhelming. You are not alone in this, many members when first diagnosed find it all a lot to take on board. May I suggest that you ask your local pharmacist about continuing to take lanzosparole, they are the best qualified to advise on medication.

Meanwhile I attach some links which I hope you find helpful

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2020/november/ask-the-expert-newly-diagnosed-with-arthritis/

We are a friendly and supportive group and hope that you will join us again soon.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options

I've taken meth and lansoprazole for years so I'm sure there's no harm for me in taking both together. However, it's always a good idea to check these things out so, although you're feeling overwhelmed, your getting things right. As @Poppyjane says, pharmacists are excellent sources of such info but, if ever I want a quick - albeit temporary - answer, I go to www.drugs.com where you can check for interactions.

Good luck and please ask if you've other questions😀

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • TrudyD
    TrudyD Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you. I'll admit I'm just abit scared of messing up with my meds so any help would be greatly appreciated. I think I may just pop along to my local pharmacy and see what they have to say.