Hobbies no more!

Options
Benny
Benny Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hello folks, l'm not sure if l give my name or not but anyway here goes. I have suffered with the dreaded big A for many years and now cannot look forward to one of my favourite hobbies. I loved knitting but my fingers are sore now. Still I suppose that comes with age. Anyway folks I will try to make my odd comments interesting and it's lovely to join Versus Arthritis. Bye for now.

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hello @Benny

Welcome to the online community and thank you for joining us.

So you have had arthritis for many years but it has now come to the point where you are no longer able to partake in your favourite hobby, knitting. You are looking forward to joining in the with the online community.

We are very happy to have you here and look forward to hearing from you more within the community. I can sympathise with regards to no longer being able to knit. I know it can be difficult when you are unable to something you love.

I have attached a couple of links to information below that I think will be of interest to you. Please take a look when you have a moment.

Please do keep us posted with how you are getting on and we look forward to seeing you more around the community.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options

@Benny , my philosophy has always been to take up something new and interesrimg to compensate for what I've had to give up. That way I've discovered things I never knew I'd love.

Maybe, for you, only a tweak is necessary. What about a knitting machine?

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright