What's happening on here?

On more than one occasion I've come on to answer a post to find that thread has almost disappeared beneath old ones which have been bŕought to the top. (I always use the 'Recent posts' button)

I had a quick look this morning and made a mental note of one or two to answer when I had time. I then looked in about half an hour ago to find that, not only had it happened again but, apparently, I had replied to @Twirlywoo5 's thread today. No, I hadn't. I hadn't even logged on at that point. I had replied some days ago. I had to search for the thread I'd intended to answer, which seemed rather important, and it had all but disappeared onto the next page.

Gremlins? Can we get on top of them, please?

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 947

Thanks for pointing this out @stickywicket - I'll let our Admin know.

Anna (mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 877

Sorry @stickywicket that was me bumping up some old posts that hadn't received many replies. I probably did too many

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697

Thanks, both of you. I can see the value in bumping up posts if they are from people who are clearly in distress but I don't like the thought of bumping up fairly routine ones to which answers are readily available and, in doing so, pushing down relative newçomers who are clearly seeking help. I think judgements have to be made individually. At least two of the ones bumped up today had also been bumped up previously. I don't see the point. But thanks for the explanation.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright