Val's Cafe

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 3,947

Hi toady 🐸

how are you today? hope the blood test went well?

mine was okay thanks but they seem to take a lot longer than normal doing it look like they were having a meeting the nurses or something like that which would explain things, anyway at least it’s over now

I’ll keep this short for the moment as still haven’t got many things done, has your day been reasonably productive so far?

take care. Xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today? Glad you had a walk, bloods were ok today thanks tho a took a bit longer than normal, I don’t mind hosp b tests too much to be honest but I understand, stomach is ok atm thanks but time of month oft affects it too and I was tired and hungry today and ate wrongly plus flu jab tomorrow- anyway what happens happens. Sorry bit busy right now, did the walk improve your back pain a lot?

bye for now tc xx

hi Joan bloods were ok ty, mums ok too, how are you? Xx

ps just a nice pic not related to anything xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,095

Hello all 😊 the wanderer returns &c, made it to the new surgery & back & I did have very good weather for it - that certainly pointed up though how much I would not thank you for doing it in bad weather, it's not a whit under 3 miles there/back and that was definitely ample for me. Hope they're happy with the bloods because they will probably have to whistle for it if they want any more. I was seesawing the whole time between livid they've moved and yet you can't really grumble that you have a surgery at all 🙄 apart from that it was ok although it is very very very much more like sitting in a hospital waiting room than a GPs so not very nice. Anyway thank you for the company frog and that walk will suffice me for a day or two! Hope you got into the garden if it was anywhere near as nice as here, solid blue skies, but it turned cold in the wind by 2ish even (will be a cold night apparently). Next couple of days not bad either. Ooh I hope you do have a hedgehog! 👍️🦔 start the Grand Design hedgehog house and hopefully it will put down a deposit (well if you're right it already has! 💩😀). I will keep you posted on the sonic, hard to tell at the moment because the cat gate is working in its own right & kitty may or may not have given up on a certain previously-used section of fence too, so I might not be sure what is & isn't contributing 🤔. Hope everything else ok with you today and good luck with Paul reducing his hours. I will round up the parcel info and put it in a PM 👍️ may or may not be useful because you/she may use them already for one thing! & also everyone wants different things of a service (I usually send heavyish things for example and this may not be as advantageous for light parcels) but some features may be still worthwhile to know about :) xx

Hello joan hope you are having a good afternoon 😊 yes it is a bit like military manoeuvres just to get into my own garden 😂 luckily it's just annoying & fiddly, nothing I can trip over etc. Glad to be back from the Drs today I did not walk back through the town it's sad to see what shops have gone 😕 & what new houses they are building. Have a good week :) love to the dogs how is Lexi's cyst by the way?

No bosh when I logged in first but I see she has now rendezvous'd back here at the cafe too 😀 ☕️ sorry your bloods involved waiting though, mine weren't too bad just had to find my way around the new place. Certainly didn't need sunhat & parasol but it did come out warm on the way back so that helped. V good wishes for the flu jab tomorrow hope that appt is a bit speedier for you. Hope everyone well and see you next cafe visit :) xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara, and Carol too & anyone passing xx

Have a good day everyone xx

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 983

Hello @toady hope you do have a hedgehog. Ours has gone missing about a month ago.😥 We built him a house too. The mice like it, but the hedgehog prefers the woodpile at the bottom of the garden!

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• toady
    edited 10. Oct 2022, 16:21

Hi @noddingtonpete I don't have a hedgehog at the moment it's frogmorton who thinks they may have (frogs, toads, easy mistake to make 😉). I would love to attract one, I have in the past, but people round here are a bit too keen on their gravelboards nowadays 🙄. I had a hedgehog gap in mine when they were last redone but of course that's not much help if there isn't a continual route for them. I follow the news & the work that's being done for hedgehog highways so people are slowly coming around which is good. Sorry yours has not been seen for a while 😔 glad someone else is helping out mice though :)

• bosh

Hi toady 🐸

thanks maybe you could move to a nearer surgery? If that’s poss?

Must admit didn’t read all of what you wrote there, but got the gist of some of it.

blood tests are annoying I know, but it benefits you at the end of the day, at least they’re not daily

waiting rooms too can’t be fully avoided unfortunately

I don’t know the details of mums friend who got covid, not a close friend tho, so that’s something tbh

well at least you got some exercise, can’t be all bad 👍

Ps another form of exercise for you perfect for doing in the garden, may be a tad aggressive though, lol., have a good night, Tc xx

• toady

Hiya bosh 😊 thanks yes don't worry the gist is more than enough haha most of it was just me rambling/grumbling. I am grateful for the drs & blood tests honest 👍️ it was just not the best timing (moving the surgery further away during the covid), unfortunately no I can't move to another one this is now the surgery for everyone - there were two before, both at sensible/central places, they combined them into one big one and moved it out of town. Mine was 20 min walk before. There will be people that this suits better than the old arrangement of course! so fair's fair, I've had a good run of mine being local, no hard feelings (well I may or may not visualize whoever's bright idea it was, when I'm practicing my 'cycling skills' 😉 but that's just turn & turn about with all the other people who have crossed me in some way 😂).

Lovely moon out there tonight perfect for bats & owls :) hope you have a good night xx

• bosh

Thanks toady I’ll just say good night for now from the tropical holiday destination of Reading - I won’t mention Slough (unless I run out of cabbages 🥬🥬) lol, Tc. Xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Morning anyone who pops by old or new:

Morning Joan yes I do have good friends like you and Sue do 😊My back isn't so bad ATM I have been walking most days even if only a little. I took my friends' yorkies out yesterday. You are spot on I couldn't be happier now I can forget endoscopies hopefully forever!!! Take care now ((())) xxx

A quick early morning wave at Kitty hoping you are doing ok? What time are you up and how long do you have to wait for your carers to arrive I wonder. 🤔 Will you be writing us a new poem about your new life now so much better than your old one. Sending ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you doing? All is well here ATM nice and stable. Managed a short walk yesterday with my friends' dogs which helped them and me.

Well done getting to the hospital and having your bloods done I always think they take it better there, but you can feel like you're there all day can't you? A nurses meeting? Might be about pay apparently some of them haven't had their increase in their pay and some have. Well that's here, but I should think national.

If it's the time of the month and you didn't eat what you should don't blame yourself nature seems to make us crave the wrong things at that time. I hope today is a better day for you.

Flu jab today I see? Best of luck with that I really must book ours soon. Best of luck I will be with you for yours and hope you don't get too sore an arm afterwards ((()))

Kari had her eyes tested yesterday and ordered new varifocals like me both of her pairs broke over lockdown so we were desperate. I am lucky because i can get away with ones from the £1 shops if needs be being only for reading.

Wouldn't it be lovely if Reading looked like that? Mind it would be jammed with tourists I suppose. At least as it stands the only tourists you get are EF😁

take care

Morning Toady thank you I have safely received the information for Kari i will pass it on and if she doesn't already know she may be very pleased😊 She had parcels of hugely varying sizes and often international so it could be very useful to her

💚

Well done for the 3 mile round trip and for having your bloods done yesterday. Is it very modern at the new Drs site then? Hmmm...there is still hardly anyone in ours if you go which I think is very odd indeed there used to be standing room only in the waiting room. I'm sure Drs surgeries have used COVID as an opportunity to reduce our visits....

So far the sonic 'seems' to be working, but who knows for sure it could be the gate🤔time will tell no doubt. As for my hopeful 🦔 I need to see where he goes the poo is up this end near the plants not where I would have expected down the other end nearer the pond.... my building skills are not in your league so I had better get thinking though it's getting chillier already isn't it? I have an idea where I'd situate one up this end where there's the only existing tree apart from my two new ones. it's also where the birds feed do you think that's ok? BTW I've googled pics of the poo and it looks about right👍️

@Loggiemod is lucky to have a hedgehog already and a woodpile too☺️

I have nothing else exciting to report other than my shopping is arriving today before hospital visiting this afternoon so soon we can eat!

A quick hello to Carol if you call by I hope all is well with you Mr T and Cookie-cat. I also hope the family troubles will settle soon if they haven't already.

Sending much love to everyone

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you are has well has you can be. Take care have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) that was a good walk you had I bet you were pleased to have a sit down I hope you don’t have to go back to the surgery for the results of your blood test. Lexi’s cyst has gone thank you. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) you asked about sue she has boarder line Diabetes. She goes weekly to the talks about it. I hope everything is alright there (()) have a good day love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) How is your friend (()) and her wife (()) that’s good your back is not too bad. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day and your mum I hope she is feeling well (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi toady 🐸

how are you? yes I think that’s a good idea practising our cycling skills when it comes to certain irritating people but don’t worry I won’t name them either 🤫.

I had flu jab today it went okay thanks apart from the fact that my dad gave me a lift and I had to be with him for a while we both had our jabs at the same place basically.

did you encounter any bats and owls last night?

Ok I am going to leave it there for now toady but May well return to the Cafe later have a good afternoon and take care. X

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today?

I’m glad you’ve been having some little walks I’m okay but bit busy right now flu jab went okay thanks mum is alright so is EF etc

“post - endoscopy high” I like that term

thats it for now got to boldly go where no mima’s ever been before, bathroom at 2.38 pm, lol, bye for now, Tc x

hi Joan I’m not bad thanks mums ok too how are you? Xx

• bosh

hi again Toni 🌺

how are you?

I’m not feeling too bad thanks but a little bit more of the hot and cold syndrome as I call it than normal must be the flu jab

it’s annoying isn’t it? that the flu jab happened just before the one day in the week I go out to town centre? Oh well better than not being jabbed at all of course, I can be cattle - prodded mentally by family members but not jabbed other than by pharmacists and vampire 🧛‍♂️ nurses as it were lol, oh no you broke all your varifocals that’s annoying, £1reading specs 🤓 thats great though, glad you and your sis got your new glasses 👍

LA has been doing some more funny things but the prob is these jokes are more visual you would have to see the expression on his face unfortunately its so serious like a cute little mini lawyer or judge perhaps who’s also moonlighting as a consultant doc no doubt lol

one thing I can fully report tho, he’s trying to blame his bro for a lot of things quite cheekily and unfairly really ha ha at one point he said that BR taught him bad words, I can’t see tiny BR doing that can you ? He’ll snort and say pig, hi and bye and sometimes call me Meena that’s almost all of his vocab for now 😂.

LA had a blood test recently as he kept getting high temps, but those have stopped now thankfully, anyway he got a bit upset at b test understandably of course, so the NHS gave him a lollipop 🍭 and a free car🚗!! Can’t be bad not a Maserati though unfortunately for him, more like a tiny automobile that Peppa Pig may drive to holiday destinations in, oh the indignity of it all, might be time for a sympathetic Auntie goddess mima - faint, Toni can you pass the smelling salts? lol.

tropical Reading you can keep that tbh no offence I’d become a hot weather- related insomniac!

good night Toni bye for now and Tc xx

• toady

Hi all, just calling in to say hello but am rather tired after yesterday (also quite a bit of it is self-inflicted - too much internet &c too little rest, so my own fault) so I am going to follow the example of today's ladies in their drawing rooms and recline on my chaise longue looking fashionably languid and enervated - translation, going to sensibly go to bed early with a milky drink. And a split infinitive, must be the day for it.

Thanks all for the hellos and look forward to a proper visit tomorrow 😀 xx

have a good night everyone 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Morning everyone

Stayed over at my friend's to support her wife last night so here atm.

Will have to leave fairly early as hair cut for me this morning.

My post will have to be brief having only had a few hours sleep.

Joan sorry things aren't so good I will fill you all in more as and when I can. Please take care both of you. ((())) xxx

Reshmi LA is priceless! Imagine him blaming BR for everything 🤭🤭🤭 bless him luckily its obvious to the adults that BR is innocent.

Awww a blood test for him though😕 that's tough at his age the poor boy. A toy car? Wonderful I didn't even get a sticker just the pist endoscopy high. That was enough.

Gosh he'll sympathise now when you have bloods.

Well done having your flu jab it's done now. Hooe you are well enough for group today and it goes well.

Take care and I hope your day is good👍

Toady you take care and never worry if your posts are short sometimes it has to be.

I hope today is easier for you with no need to go online.

See you all later maybe but sorry if not

Have some breakfast

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) how are you feeling today I hope you have a good day. Take care love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) sorry you walked so far yesterday. Have a good day today (())

Barbara (()) have a good day take care love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I understand thinking about you and your friend and her wife (()) Sue went to the Diabetes class and met a lady who I used to work with in Garrards years ago. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day that’s good you had the flu jab and your Dad (()) love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Toni 🌺toady 🐸Joan etc

hope you’re all doing well today? I’m ok thanks just a bit busy right now went to group it was funny😂

details later bye for now xx

ps pic is another Alternative ML xx

• bosh

hi again Toni

sorry to hear that you only had a few hours sleep 💤

i’m not feeling too bad after the flu jab compare to how I felt in the past thanks 😀

managed to make it to the group today even though I was reliant on my grumpy dad for a lift there and back kind of him of course but I can’t pretend he’s not in a terrible mood😡

I could Maybe have braved the bus but my arm tho not quite a dead arm is somewhat painful and I didn’t want to aggravate it just me being a sensible auntie goddess mima again 👍

also didn’t get a good nights sleep about two nights ago I think it was a very odd thing happened I was having a nightmare and then I was half asleep and I heard police sirens I thought it was part of the nightmare but when I got up woke up the sirens were still going and then my mum said I was a police car outside our house and there was a police helicopter right next to the house too

I could see the bright lights of helicopter through my closed curtains and hear it too - v v loud

my dad later learned that some people had stolen a car and tried to escape through park and also then tried to hide in an empty house police told him that but I think there was more to it, I hope there wasn’t too much violence involved, scary, anyway I told art guy RR about this and he is one of these people I think who is trying to “win the best story award” as it were he likes showing off and is too competitive so basically he told me that when he was living in Devon the police were digging up something in his garden 3 o’clock in the morning and the police woman told him it wasn’t a very big deal and not to worry about it but of course he was worried so he was about to go out and go into the garden to have a look but he saw a giant rat or something like that and then he got scared - giant rats? contraband in the garden ? What is going on - too much Netflix perhaps? Lol, I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes his own brownies these days injected with certain illegal substances that he buries in the garden, maybe he’s so high on these brownies that cats 🐈‍⬛look like rats and being devoid of human company we converses in light of a crescent moon with owls and bats and his mother thinks of him and his sister and wonders how she raised two horrendous adult spoilt brats, ok Ive obviously gone off on a poetic tangent there lol😂,but that’s true what he told me well in his opinion at least police digging up garden mega vermin,” curiouser and curiouser”.

i will write more but stopping for now bye xx

• toady
    edited 12. Oct 2022, 17:24

Hello all, just a little visit, to leave a hug for frog and a few garden pics for a bit of something nature-related/optimistic/good for the soul &c 😘 found this surprise little rosebud leaning across by the arch as if to be helpful & add some interest🌹the rosemary has been nice (I don't want to cut the buddleia back though 😔 ) and my toms are still trying their best.🤞 Not much news from me to speak of, will resume chat another time, just hope you are ok in the circs. xx

Hi to bosh, gosh sorry you had rather scary happenings in your neighbourhood recently 😧 even if not as dramatic (or dramatized 🤔) as RR, not nice at all! - hopefully it was all as straightforward as you were told🤞. Not much news I will come in and chat next time, glad you got the jab over with and that it was not too bad, no lollipop though I suppose you might not have wanted one but a little car would be nice. btw on the night you asked about, the owl was certainly around, very near sounding but I never see anything - nothing last night. Have a good evening :) xx

Hello joan thank you :) I could feel the effects of the walk in my leg muscles yesterday, for sure🚶‍♀️I shouldn't have to go back though, they would usually ring me and hopefully not even that. That's interesting that Sue met an old workmate of yours, someone you haven't kept in touch with I assume. Hope they are keeping well all things considered that they were at the clinic. Have a good day, Thursday already tomorrow. Glad Lexi is ok :) xx

Love to Kitty & Barbara and any callers.. will keep the kettle going.. you can't keep a cup of tea hot for long this weather can you ☕️😬 xx

• toady
  • bosh

Hi again Toni 🌺

thanks about the group etc, poor LA yes indeed, but he’s been having injections and so on since an early age unfortunately as when he was born he was not that well at all with various things and he was such a strong baby that lots of nurses were needed to hold him down for the injections bless him but as you said he’s got a car now and that can’t be bad 😂

he told everyone about the blood test including his teacher he was very proud that lovely Little innocent aristocrat lol.

he’s listening to the teacher though which is good as so many people have told him that it’s not nice to use bad words including of course his own parents me my mum and so on but he didn’t listen to anyone, however his teacher has made a difference now though so that’s a good sign

rest of family are well thank you apart from my mum got some nasty leg cramp after bad posture while sorting out dad’s paperwork, that lazy selfish dad of mine 😡but that went away after I massaged her leg 👍

I hope you get a better rest tonight take care of yourself Reshmi xx

• bosh

Thanks toady

no I eat too much sugar I know but draw the line at lollipops lol,

sorry you got tired, I would take a taxi next time personally, I think they’re cleaner than buses, anyway up to you of course

thanks for your nice message I’m a bit tired now though so I’ll say good night, bye Tc xx

• bosh

Good morning everyone xx

ps bills doing some baking lol xx

• bosh

Where is Toni? 🌺

hope you’re ok Toni? Xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) It must feel so different there to where you used to live (()) have a good day love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope your legs are not aching today. Thank you for the photos your little rose 🌹 is lovely you wouldn’t want to do that walk to often (()). Have a good day

Barbara (()) how are you and Mr B (()) I hope you are not in too much pain love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni ((())) thinking about you and your friend (()) and her Wife (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) his your arm still aching (()) how is your mum (()) have a good day (())

take care
    joan xx