Val's Cafe

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) How are you I hope you have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) you are good at everything it’s better you doing it than waiting for somebody to come not knowing when. Have a good day

Barbara (()) how are you and Mr B (()) doing I hope you have a good day love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) how is your friend (()) and her wife (()) i hope things are not too bad I hope you all have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) we had are covid jab a fortnight ago and we had a sore arm for a few days. Sue was on the same iron tablets but she stopped them they made her very loose. Enjoy the puppet show. Have a good day and your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 3,951

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue today? Thanks for the info about covid jab side effect and also iron tablets (I just started taking it yesterday but it really hurt my stomach) , yes it will be nice to see Rapunzel with LA when he comes to stay. Take care. Xx

hi everyone els bit tired now will post later. Xx

ps pic is giants causeway inspired by toady’s poetry book xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    edited 19. Oct 2022, 14:36

Hi, all an early call from me, I have just done my once a year bake and made blueberry muffins, well it will tide me over til the doughnuts get here. Kettle on, it will be normal people's lunchtime by now but whatever. 😂

Not too bad out there at the moment even though it's supposed to be raining but isn't. Hope you are getting on ok with the hairwash visit frog 🤞I expect you know all the types of no-rinse shampoo things you can get as an interim which are better than dry shampoo. Yes I have wondered if the hair loss is cyclical but it's a mystery to me, mine is growing back in daft little tufts from presumably previous losses so it can do both at the same time apparently, go figure 🤨. Glad you got outside yesterday and your compost is happy 😀 the manure, and the slight embarrassment, you can keep 😂 . The window repairing is more a matter of bodging than DIY because it's not something that will repay me for time spent doing a craftsman job - I should have had new timber or new windows anyhow in some cases a while back but didn't want upvc and now don't feel that new timber ones are worthwhile when I'm not exactly in my dream home for other reasons. Just get it looking better and a bit less damp will do 😂. I have a charity bag to go and find some things for later, they don't come round anywhere near as often so I can't really pass up the opportunity.. what clothes to part with.. ugh so bad at this. I have had a nice backpack/bag for ages, never used, and I found this week the fake leathery skin is all cracking/peeling and coming away, can't give that away obviously, but such a shame. Fatal to keep things. Hopefully mig will be in as you say with some useful spells for us 🎃 no eyes of newt & toes of frog hopefully! Hope everything else ok with you all at the moment :) xx

Hello joan, early for me I am only doing this DIY job because it's not the sort of thing a workman would touch really, it should all be replaced from scratch but I don't think it's worth it at the moment, a quick patch up will do. I am still having the carpenter/builder soon anyway heaven knows there is enough to keep him busy too 😬. Have a good day love to the dear dogs :) xx

Hi bosh, nice pic 😀 I hope the tiredness picks up a bit I know you can't expect wonders til the iron builds up.. I suppose it's something to look forward to.. but in a two-edged sort of way of course while you're still taking the not nice pills 🤔 tick them off on something I guess they'll add up. Spiders in the toy shop, yikes no thanks 😱 all very well if you don't mind them but not for some of us (terribly overpriced as well I bet, there's one on Amazon for over £100, £12.50 per leg? I don't think so 😂). Sorry about the gentleman in the shopping centre that's awful 🙄 you would hope they had some reason you aren't aware of for not helping or just didn't see, but 9 times out of 10 it probably is just how it seems 😕. I still haven't been for a walk this week, I will have to go a bit later or at this rate I will become rooted to the spot & unlike an Ent I will not be able to uproot myself and roam the land 😂 I can't spell Tolkien either apparently, that wasn't a typo, I do always seem to think it's Tolkein, sorry JRR. Shame the series could have been better but then again some things that get mixed or even bad reviews can be what you like to watch personally so it would be a pity if they never got made. I guess you are not going to the group today 🤔 yes I expect you were very tempted to say that to the all-seeing all-knowing RR 😂 I don't think anyone's hardly ever told me I'm too young. People always used to comment on my stiff neck, but they don't any more, which is strange as it isn't improved any - maybe that was for the same reason, ie it stood out as odd on a young person, now maybe I look old and decrepit all over so why just pick out one thing to comment about 😂.

Love to Kitty and Barbara on this windy day 🍃 xx

and anyone passing :) xx

• bosh

Hi again Joan

sorry just wanted to say thanks about Rapunzel 😀 xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you this afternoon? I’m a lot better thanks not quite back to normal, but I’m def feeling perhaps 70% human and 30% Vulcan lol, it’s just LA coming to visit, not sure why, maybe they realised its not easy for my elderly parents to look after both of them, I don’t know, but if they did, it would be progress indeed.

yes the man falling incident certainly is a v sad sign of times

I just walked to bakery today as I suddenly felt v tired, only ate half a “sweet treat” though - progress.

dad had toothache but wouldn’t got to dentist 🦷

may well still have it I’m fed up of trying to extract info from him

LA isn’t playing with elephant trunk lady baby anymore, my sis says she was standing on her own in playground looking sad😞 bless her - oh well I’ll save her half an iced bun 😀

sorry to hear that K felt wiped out too

how are Lucy and Paul these days?

bye for now tc. Xx

• bosh

hi toady 🐸

how are you today? Uprooting yourself like an Ent, that’s a good one lol.

im not too bad thanks yes I gave the group a miss today,

yes funny about RR and considering that’s he’s allegedly the”doctor of the realm” he really doesn’t know much, for example he said to me, “do you have that thing? What’s it called? When lack of light depresses you?” I replied, “ Do you mean Seasonal Affective Disorder? No I don’t”, so there you have it ultimate med consultant of the year seem to have mislaid his brain again lol, or it’s almost been squeezed into a corner by disgustingly rich breakfast brownies, lol

Just curious, have you read Poe’s The Fall of the house of Usher btw? I read it long time ago, but found it terrifying, def not re - reading that one, lol.

I don’t mind some spiders if they’re not bothering me, but yes, a giant one, even in toy form is a bit much

thanks about iron meds

ok thats it for now,

hope your days still going ok

bye toady and Tc xx

ps pic relates a female RR maybe lol xx

• bosh

Good night everyone xx

toady - related cake 😂 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Morning everyone

Joan thanks for asking my friend and her wife are doing not too bad I think. They are struggling with the carers being new and having to sort of train them if you know what I mean? How about you two? Iron tablets give me the runs too can't stand them. Hope your day is a good one ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you doing? Iron tablets give me the runs too and Kari but like you we have delicate stomachs and Kari has had to bear with them in the past and says you do get used to them. I have always given up.

You get LA all to yourselves? How fabulous is that?😊 I should think your sister does realise that both boys overnight would be far too much for your parents. Big Baba will have to be nice for a while won't he? I can't wait to hear some of his antics (not Baba LA!!)

I am very sorry to hear about elephant girl I hope she makes herself some solid female friends now after being let down by the lothario who is LA🤭 If she likes 🐘 she may well like iced buns; I remember Johnny Morris used to feed them iced buns on his TV program when I was wee:

Toady might remember. Joan will I'm sure. It was a great program he used to give all the animals voices.

Oh dear me your Dad with toothache again. You have my sympathy indeed.🙄 Well done walking even only as far as the bakery.

Loved the bat cake ta very much sorry I got started on it

Have a good day.

Morning Toady. I hope you are well.

It's not rained here yet but due to start any minute. However the wind! Me and my little figaro were blowing about all over the road. Ok we weren't but if I hadn't been holding on tight I think we would have.

Sleek reckons your muffins were lovely and was so pleased to smell baking as she walked in yesterday. They will do nicely until the doughnuts arrive - when??

Fair enough to be just keeping the windows going until you are ready to decide whether or not to move house once and for all. I get that.

On the subject of hair I also have lots of 'baby hair'. We failed on the hair-washing front as my friend was just too exhausted yesterday so will try again today. We have bought a blow up thing - hang on

You can use it in the bed. Not looking forward to it, but we have to try something. Hopefully today will be a better day for her.

What a shame the rucksack has deteriorated like that. Very frustrating, but do make the most of clearing out won't you? I intend to as next year I will be doing that buying no clothes at ALL for a whole year challenge. If I get invited to a wedding or something I have to borrow or wear something again so Lucy had better not meet someone! I won't be allowed as much as a sock from a charity shop!

Well I must get on things to do people to see....have a good day😊

Sending my love to Kitty and Barbara hoping all is well with both of you and your families. ((())) xxx

and a quick hello to Carol if she pops by.

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope everything is going alright there. Have a good day (()) love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I’m sorry about your bag. Do you like the doughnuts with jam or custard I have never tried them. Have a good day

Barbara (()) how are you and Mr B (()) I hope you are alright Have a good day we have rain. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I know carers come they have their ways and you feel in the way but sue needs them. The same for your friend. I hope the hair washing goes well. Love to them (()). Yes I remember Johnny Morris. And Edd Stewart ( stewpot ) from crackerjack. How is Lucy (()) have a good day all of you. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) i hope you feel better today love to your mum (()) sorry your Dad has toothache.

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    edited 20. Oct 2022, 12:55

Hello all 😊 lovely day - well not out there it isn't, but it is for me as I sighted mousie yesterday after a few days' not doing 😀.

Hope everyone as well as poss, it is drizzling away here so not much on the outdoor work line unless it dries up later, so must do some indoor stuff. I do remember Johnny Morris 🤫 and I am humming the theme tune now & for the next week probably 😂 not even the consolation of an iced bun. Don't know when the shopping is coming yet frog I can't poke myself into fixing a date up 😬 tell Sleek not to worry it will be soon, well it will have to be 😂 (any bat cake left?!). Ooh the buy no clothes thing, how interesting! I have run back in my head quickly over what I've bought this year and it's not much, probably more for not being able to find what I want, & a lot of mumbling about why can't they make better such & such and I could design better myself etc. I could probably do it though 🤔 no shop is keeping going on the back of what I buy anyhow, and if you deduct 2nd hand it's even less. Btw if you have anything to list on ebay do it before the 25th as there is a prize draw (have to opt in to enter). Most of my feed-shopping-habit buying online tends to be other bits & bobs. I was browsing the vintage postcards on ebay again yesterday and got so interested in the story of the occupants of a certain address, but then could not trace a key piece of info - such a shame. I must write some letters myself today and my laptop has already detained me this morning with a BSOD 🙄 I write all mine and print them out now so it would not be good to have things go south when I want to get on. Have a good day yourself and if you retry the hair washing best of luck with it, I do hope the carers will settle into things it must be a constant process with new people & for them too 😔 . Thinking of you all xx

Hello Joan I like the plain sugared ring doughnuts for choice 😀 but I will eat jam or custard, the custard tends to make the dough a bit doughier in the middle if you know what I mean because of the consistency but they're nice for a change. I used to buy some little frozen mini ring doughnuts which were very handy but they discontinued them 🙄. I should have used the bag when it was new, I keep things it's a bad habit. Hope you're both well and see you or Sue tomorrow :) xx

Hi bosh and hope your day is not too bad so far🤞. Fancy RR saying SAD was not what he meant, what on earth was he on about (maybe someone else having medical knowledge/terminology is an affront to his superior qualifications 🤨). Who knows what gems you mised not being there yesterday. I haven't read The Fall of the House of Usher - do I dare (as TS Eliot would say 😉) I think I know the gist of the story, maybe one day I will give it a go. Perhaps not at spooky Hallowe'en type time of year. I have read one or two other things, I only know the Raven well, as I've mentioned I try & recite it to get to sleep, always get my ghastly grim ungainly & gaunts mixed up and have to start again so it does sort of work 😂 how on earth do people learn lines for anything let alone Shakespeare &c, I can't imagine. Sorry about your Dad's toothache is it basically the same as he has had before & it comes & goes or is it different (more likely you don't know, I suppose, if he is just being DV about it and not talking 🤐). All the best and will chat again if I see you and am in later 👍️ xx

Love to Kitty, Barbara and all & sundry 😀 xx

• bosh

Hi everyone hope you’re all doing ok today?

sorry bit busy atm but will post later xx

ps pic Halloween olive and tomato - based soup no witches’ eyeballs 👀 used allegedly. Xx

• bosh

Hi toady 🐸

just a tiny message atm dad is a law unto himself really and you’re right never talks about something he doesn’t want to talk about 😡

spoke to a friend today who had bipolar was nice but left little time for anything else

i don’t like reading scary poems or books either, I don’t do it anymore

ill go for now bye Tc xx

ps more phlebotomist and Halloween humour lol xx

• bosh

Hey Toni 🌺

how are you today ?

sorry I’ve not been ignoring you just been really busy with things

phoned my friend the elderly gentleman with bipolar he went on talking for quite a long time but I didn’t have the heart to try to cut short the call even tho I did have a lot of things to do bless him he’s only got his sister left when it comes to relatives he’s got some grandchildren but there’s been some kind of family misunderstanding and basically he’s not been able to see his grandchildren or possibly great grandchildren actually, anyway, for a long time through no fault of his own he has some good friends though he meets up with them in their local café fairly often 👍

We talked in the our usual way there was some irreverent Doctor - related humour lol, Co-Codamol humour as well, and it helps to laugh at the serious things too doesn’t it sometimes? 😂

Family and EF are all okay at the moment thanks dad may or may not have a toothache like I think I’ve said to toady I’m fed up of trying to extract info from him I’m not qualified to extract the tooth nor information to be honest I’ll leave that to the dentists and the saints lol

Glad you indulged in some nostalgic Star Trek watching sounds good 👍

my sis can be very selfish to be honest with you but yes you have a point but as for Bill no comment there

Nice to chat with you as it were, I know Im cutting it short again and trying not to fall asleep that’s the problem at the moment💤

might write more later on but if not have a good evening and night take care, xx

ps pic of the vintage Halloween feline - related type variety. Xx

• bosh

Hi Joan thanks

how are you and Sue today? I was feeling better in afternoon but feeling a bit weak now tbh but hopefully will improve a bit after eating supper, bye for now and Tc. Xx

ps pic is more Halloween cake 🍰 xx

• frogmorton

Morning everyone

Morning Joan (or Sue it is Suesday) yes carers are intrusive especially when not everyone knows each other yet. Hopefully they will get used to each other and things will improve. We did manage the hairwash and my friend looks so much better now for that. I took some photos for them both to keep afterwards. Lucy is doing ok yesterday I made some macaroni cheese for her and dropped it off with her meds. Today I will pick her up at 4.30 for her COVID jab. I don't suppose you and Sue will brave your cafe trip today it's going to be raining again🙄 But I am sending my love to you both ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I am not so bad at all thank you very much back okish (managing short walks again) one of my knees is iffy again one is odd, but it will pass it usually does. What about you though? Are you feeling recovered from your COVID jab?

That is so kind of you to listen to the elderly gentleman for so long when I am sure you had things to do and no doubt were getting uncomfortable too yourself. Bless him he needs company I'm glad he has some friends he meets up with at a cafe that will do him good and them too. How sad when families fall out and people can't see their GC or GGC😕those GC and GGC are losing out too.

It does help to share a bit of mutual humour about subjects which are serious like meds and Drs that part of why this online community is so fabulous isn't it? We can all feel empathy with each other.

It was lovely seeing star trek again I really enjoyed it. I must try to find you the pic of me as a vulcan for my brother's 50th birthday pre COVID.

Today I am having a treat. Paul and I are going to the motorhome and caravan show at the NEC. What are the odds that I am the only person there with a mask on??

I am eye rolling about your dad and his tooth, but laughing about you not being qualified to extract teeth or information😁 brilliantly put Reshmi! Made me smile.

Don't feel you've cut me short I am not offended you rest when you need to and thanks for the witchy pusskin pic💜

Morning Toady I'm so glad you spotted Mousie! I hope she is ok and has a warm dry spot out of this bloomin rain! I don't mind the rain too much but that wind the day before that I Did NOT like one bit😠

Not buying new clothes (even from ebay!) is going to be fairly easy for me I hope as long as my weight stays the same! and I have a decent coat some decent shoes (and boots) and plenty of undies. I doubt my contribution is keeping the fashion industry going either, but you'd be surprised what we buy without even realising it. Guess who is asking for undies for Christmas this year?😉

Thanks for the ebay tip the 25th you say? For me that will be this weekend or probably not at all.

I tend to buy stuff for the Figaro or for Sleek or the girls mostly..... I think clothes less often. Oh food yes I buy food. Sleek is waiting for her 🍩

We managed the hairwash! My friend looked so much better for it too. We changed the bed and she had a good wash and clean nightie and then no doubt slept for 2 hours to recover from it all. I also hope the carers settle in - the hospice are coming today so maybe they will have some advice. I came home to a magnificent bouquet of flowers from them both which set me off.

I am sending love to missing friends Kitty and Barbara hoping both are well and their families too love and ((())) xxx

Love also too to Carol hope the family are all friends again ((()))

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you are getting on alright and not in too much pain. Have a good weekend. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) that’s good you saw your little mouse our neighbour puts food out for the foxes. Have a good weekend.

Barbara (()) I hope all is well there take care. Have a good weekend. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) That’s good your friend feel’s better after her hair wash (()) love to your friend (()) and her wife (()) I hope Lucy gets on alright with her COVID jab (()) have a good time at the motor home show. Yes I think you could be the only person there with a mask I was the only one in the shop with mine on. Have a good weekend. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours

Reshmi (()) yes it’s nice to speak to people so many live on their own they are lonely. How are you and your mum (()) have a good weekend

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi toady 🐸

how are you today? Yes a Shame about group in some ways but I would’ve collapsed on my way there I think if I had attempted it. Yes incomplete knowledge of SAD was v odd in the great medical mind of the century 😂.

I wouldn’t recommend reading that Poe novel tbh, I read it long before diagnosed with mental health condition but basically it was disturbing, let’s just put it that way.

I got a bad earache yesterday so didn’t walk today.

I remember you said you did your annual blueberry muffin bake, that sounds nice 👍

family etc are ok - ish thanks will go in more detail in message to Toni

hope you’re doing ok so far this windy day 💨? Bye Tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today?

before I get into main part of message just wanted to share this tiny poetic offering I came up with yesterday please 😀

The title is Modern Times

“the line is bad” - telephone misunderstanding- we never talk face to face with no freezing screens,

and no annoying answer machines

No texts, no emojis can express our affection

Facebook What’sApp are like a fool’s confection

ps pic is a little bit of FB humour lol, Toni I am going to post again prob v soon just cleaners are coming, mums stressed about ECG etc, so bye for now xx

• bosh

Hi again Toni 🌺

My mum had ECG at the hospital today, sometimes they more or less tell her the results straight away but this time they didn’t so my mum is understandably stressed out 😔

she has however also got stressed about some temporary cleaners or something like that who are coming today 🤷‍♀️

anyway at least my mums moods are justified generally speaking whereas dad is emperor of constant moods - all Caesar no salad 🥗- can’t be good for anyone’s health.

glad you’re managing short walks, sorry about your knee, my arm’s still a bit painful but generally am feeling a lot better thanks, but had bad earache yesterday maybe partially my fault, was in the cold room a bit too long trying to stay awake and misjudged window closing time in bedroom that kind of thing anyway ear is almost fully ok now 👍

poor LA had a toilet related accident yesterday because he fell over got a minor cut and somehow the plaster teacher put on him upset him, bless, but I think he’s not so anxious today 😀

Another news item is that BR is now the prime minister lol, he’s a generous politician who willingly shares his dinner with all the electorate, today’s menu item is chicken / vegan nuggets 😂.

Toni I’m stuck in the stuffy room again and am in danger of falling asleep 💤

So I’ll leave it there for now, just wanted to say interesting about elephants iced buns and JM lol and yes family feuds involving GCs etc just end up hurting everyone concerned.

hope your afternoon is going ok, bye for now, Tc xx

ps pic is old Seinfeld related joke, good old George eating a choc bar with cutlery, well at least he’s got some sense of manners I suppose haha, unlike Caesar the Great. Tc xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue today? Thanks about the telephone chat I had with friend, yes its not nice when people get lonely that’s true

im not too bad thanks, mum had ECG today but is a bit stressed as she has to wait for results this time, everyone else is ok I think,

I hope you have a good Friday both of you, bye Tc xx

• toady
    edited 21. Oct 2022, 20:56

Hi all 😊 funny old day, I felt really quite energetic this a.m. and sleepy by the afternoon so have not got a lot done. Made a couple of online shopping orders and replaced the cockadoodle sound box in a soft cockerel toy of mine, does that count as a good day's work (well I felt sorry for him not being able to crow any more 😂).

Raining solid for most of the day really so no outdoorsiness (but better than that wind frog as you say!🌪️ 😱) , should be dry tomorrow 🤔 sorry to say it almost had to have rained on you & Paul, but being an indoor thing it could have been worse I suppose apart from the general dampness is not what you would choose ideally. Hope it was fun anyway 😀. Glad your friend looks and feels better for the hairdo it is not nice to be stuck feeling a bit grimy so you all did so well, her especially. I have a few products I use between washes scalp tonics etc, even just that sometimes can make you feel better. Have you tried the shampoo bars? certainly a lot more brands getting in on those. Yes a bit of forward planning for the no clothes buying is a good plan, I do or rather have bought too many things at times often duplicates of things if I finally find a good item, so my job would be to just slowly work through what I have stored up! I am nipping in & out of my grocery order as I write, tell Sleek, seeing what they have taken out of my basket since I was last in, not too much fortunately. Will then try & get off the internet at a sensible time so will wish everyone goodnight & see you tomorrow when hopefully it's a bit nicer, I wandered off on a sideline looking at cold frames today but actually the rain made me pause for thought, do I want it drumming off the polycarbonate panels which will be right under my window. Hmm, more to think about. Have a good weekend :) xx

'Night to Joan & Sue, I have not been much outdoors today but have seen some of the birds including the sweet little long-tailed tits, very fluttery, and the magpies seem to be around more looking for spare food. Would love to see a fox 😀 hope nobody objects to the neighbour feeding them, I know some people worry about them being a nuisance or getting into bins etc. Have a good Saturday not long now til the clocks change, eek 😬 xx

Hi bosh, nice to read all your updates & I did read yours to Toni &c too, good poem 😀 so true and so is the pic, exactly my feelings about privacy. Thanks for what you said about the Poe novel & I will take your advice, I don't like anything too upsetting only just a bit scary, or fantasy or something, & even then you can come across something unexpectedly and wish you hadn't. I often notice reading book reviews sometimes it seems reviewers are never happier than if they can describe something as 'dark' (tv & films too), I always wonder why people seem to think that's such a good thing a bit less dark would be nice if you ask me. Hope your evening is ok, I see you didn't get a walk either, was the wind part of why you had earache today do you think or is that something you get from time to time. Hope your Mum's result comes through as soon as possible and the temporary cleaners turned out to be ok & she was able to calm down about them a bit. Yes please BR for PM I will vote for him✍️, otherwise dread to think what we are going to get instead. See you tomorrow I must wrap my internetting up & wash some dishes and get to bed a bit earlier, having not been good about that sort of thing lately. Have a good night :) xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara and see you next visit 😘 xx

'night all

• bosh

Thanks toady 🐸

I’ll just say good night for now and to anyone else reading this, bye for now Tc xx

• frogmorton

Morning anyone who pops in new or 'old'!

Had a great time at the motorhome and caravan show at the NEC me and probably two other people there in masks and that was it! The show was huge and a bit much really needed to sit down quite a bit next year if we go I will make sure i am far better prepared physically.

Morning Joan we had a great time although it was a bit much like you I felt very much the odd one out with my mask, but i will continue to wear mine. My friend's health come first. Ah well... Lucy did not have her jab due to a sore throat and ringing in her ears. They don't let you if you aren't well at the time. I will rebook or take her to a walk in instead next Friday when she's off again. I hope you are both doing ok? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I loved the poem!😍 How right is that. Communication these days is just so very very odd. Ah well nothing much we can do about it is there?

Aww your poor Mum she will be worried we all would be, but more than likely it's nothing that they just didn't say. Maybe they were less experienced than normal and the results need to be run by someone more confident. She does normally only do MV with a reason unlike your dad who can just get out of bed (his chair, the shower or the car insert any other places) the wrong side! I hope the cleaners came, did a good job and then left without too much trouble.

Aha Earache due to the cold room and your arm is still a bit sore? I hope today sees things a bit better although the stuffy room might cause something else😕 poor little LA getting upset at school. I'm glad he feels better and hope he soon forgets his toilet related accident - they start school so young these days that they all have them at some point usually like him due to some upset.

That pic of the baby in the nappy drawer is just adorable - could be our own little BR!

Ahem who on earth would eat a chocolate bar with their hands? Of course one should always eat dessert with one's knife and fork.😂 Unless one is BIL of course😉

Yes Toady you did do a good day's work yesterday. The cockerel deserves his voice.🐓 I mended the foster babies' crab the other day he had a hole in his back and I felt sorry for him too!

I did nothing except too much walking at the motorhome show I did however locate a fabulous company reasonably local (Coventry) who sell the most adorable lightweight, foldable, economical electric bikes. Paul and I will go and take a look soon.

There were some fabulous vans there though honestly! Ours was there and more expensive than we paid so nice to know and out all of the ones we looked at we still preferred our own. There were not many but some wheelchair accessible ones too which is so good 👍️

I have indeed tried the shampoo bars so far no good none located for my slightly itchy scalp (I expect Bosh has the same issue) nor even refillable yet which is very frustrating for an old environmentalist like me.🙄 I hope my friend will be happy to try the shampoo shower caps soon. I think they are great we used them on Lucy when she was really poorly. It would be much easier for her it did take it out of her washing it.

I would love a cold frame, but it's stupid really I have a greenhouse don't I? Do you want rain drumming on it? 🤔 mm maybe not. Give that some thought. Paul was a bit silly yesterday. He did not take his coat with him. It was a fair wait for a bus back to the car so he did get a bit wet😁 That is going to become a family joke now indefinitely. 'No you don't need a coat today' said every time it's chucking it down.😉bless.

Let's hope today is a good one for us all. I will be going over to my friend's later while Paul is at the football (he supports our old tiny rather naff local team) so her wife can collect a prescription.

Take care and have a good day.

Sending my usual love and ((())) to both Kitty and Barbara hoping all is as well as can be and that everyone they love is well too xxx

Hi also to Carol if she pops by. Time I think for a pic of Miss Cookie cat! I'd love to see how she's doing. ((())) xxx

To Aidan ((())) xxx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you are well and you don’t have too many aches and pains. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and Your Dad (())

Toady (()) yes you did a good job giving him his voice back. We did not go out yesterday either we were pleased to be in doors and watching it rain. No the other neighbours don’t like the foxes the cubs are so small. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) I hope you have a good day how is Mr B (()) love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) you are protecting yourself and everyone you care about (()) that was lovely you having a bunch of flowers 💐 i hope your friends had a good weekend with not too much pain (()) I hope Lucy feel’s better soon (()) have a good day. love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope your earache soon calms down (()) love to your mum (()) her results could be late because of there was a lot of them (()) have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi everyone xx

wppl xx

ps C*sta Coffee ad from 1968 lol. Xx