Rheumatoid arthritis and skin vasculitis

Hello everyone,

I have suffered from rheumatoid arthritis since I was 8, I am now 30 at the end of the year. I have been on methotrexate when I was younger. I am now currently on benepali although with 2 young kiddies to look after I have to admit I have massively neglected myself & I don’t do my medication regularly (I aim to change this!) Anyway me arthritis affects my ankle, knees, fingers, wrists & most recently my jaw. I have also suffered really badly with my skin (I was hoping I could upload pictures here) I have incredibly sore skin all over my hands & under my nose. On my fingers by my finger nails & now have a funny nail from it. I am worried it may be vasculitis, has anyone any experience of this? Thank you guys

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 983

Hello @Hayley92 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have rheumatoid arthritis affecting many of your joints, and wondering if you now have vasculitis. Have a look through the following to see if it helps, though we would always recommend you seek medical advice

Please post and let us know how you are getting on - I hope that you get some answers soon.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Oct 2022, 06:28

Might be worth a chat with rheumatology do you think?

Take plenty of pics for them in case you can't see them anytime soon.

If that can't happen soon I know I would show my skin to my pharmacist for advice. There is always one open even on Sundays.

Please do let us know how you get on

You are so right you need to look after you a bit as well as the family ((())) xxx

Toni xx