Tocilizumab

Del
Del Member Posts: 2

Hi everyone I would like to ask if anyone has been on tocilizumab intravenous drip infusion as iam going to start this in November and was wondering if it has worked for them .

Many thanks ian

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Hello@Del welcome to the online community

You are due to start taking Tocilizumab intravenously soon and wondered if any of our members have had this treatment and how it worked for them. I hope you get a response from someone in our community because we are a friendly and supportive group who offer information and advice to anyone who is affected by living with arthritis.

I attach a link from the Versus Arthritis website for your information. If you would like to speak to a member of the Helpline team, they are available

Monday to Friday 9.00 - 6.00 Tel :- 0800 5200 520.

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/treatments/drugs/tocilizumab/

Ian, I hope you will keep in touch with us and let us know how you are getting on.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 218

Hello @Del if you do a search on the community you might find some useful info. Just means trwaling through a few discussions

• KazB
    KazB Member Posts: 2

Hello Del. I have been on Tocilizumab for over 5 years now. Initially by infusion and more recently by self injection at home. I have had rheumatoid arthritis since the early 1990's and all previous medications had failed to give long term relief (including 3 previous biological medications). I haven't had any problems or side effects from the drug. I still take Methotrexate and Sulfasalazine but the doses of both these drugs have been reduced over the time I have been on Tocilizumab. These biological medicines all work in different ways so it's finding the one that works for you. Hope it is as successful for you as it has been for me! Good luck

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 983

Hello @KazB and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have had rheumatoid arthritis for a number of years and it sounds like tocilizumab has been successful for you which is great news. I am sure you probably know all about it but below is a link from our website which may be of interest

If you have any questions please feel free to raise them as posts. Our team of volunteer moderators are here to help point to the Versus Arthritis resources and other members of this community can share their support and first-hand experiences.

Please keep on posting and let us know how you are getting on

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm