Val's Cafe

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Morning everyone!

Morning Joan Babatunde went😕 I am a bit sorry about that I liked him. Now who would you like to win? Took lucy to Asda so she could do her shop yesterday she is definitely eating well. She got me some bits too an dthe whole bill was £152!!!! Hope you are both well? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I am very glad to hear that DV has settled 🌋 that's good you and your Mum deserve some peace.

It's your Mum's birthday soon (December is a busy month for me too bro 7th Lucy 9th and my great niece is 27th) I totally believe you have great gifts for your Mum. You would have put a lot of thought into everything that's part of your nature. She will be so 😊

Well done getting to the group - did it rain on the way or on the way back? What a day we had here. I walked and got soaked! Maybe it was a blessing RR wasn't there he can upset people in his own clumsy way and that might stay with some people for a long time afterwards. J sounds lovely, the group leader, I'm glad you had a chat to her.

I adore the knitted elephant! So pretty perhaps LA should knit one for elephant trunk lady baby for Christmas.....perhaps he'd better get started now. Oh dear what evil plans are afoot?😮 'Big trouble' sounds like just that BIG TROUBLE!!

I have got some coconut water now thanks you are very welcome to some anytime. That breakfast sounds actually rather nice😋

Morning to you too Toady I am so sorry you have been let down again🙄 honestly I know we should expect it, but do they not realise we are sat there on edge waiting? and it keeps raining!

I think you are right keeping us up to date is probably just rubbing in how useless tradespersons seem to be these days and how little is getting sorted. Let us know when something happens I will keep my fingers crossed 🤞 for you though.

Oh lovely Mrs B has been out and you saw her! I hope she looked well and ready for the winter. Her and the sighting of Mousie have probably been the highlights of the week.

All is well here, planning and preparing for the event in Church on Sunday (advent sale) I have made some wreaths as you know and decorated some candles as well as some cards Kari has made and had some more of P's cards printed off too. There will be jams and chutneys as well as cakes and cuppas for sale. Jigsaws and books.

We are trying to raise enough money to have a loo put in the Church.

Of course as always I am sending my love to Kitty, Barbara and Carol and hoping they and their families are all well and happy ((())) xxx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) How are you and your pains.have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I’m sorry you have all that trouble with your roof I hope it’s fixed soon (()) have a good day.

Barbara (()) how are you and your family getting on. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) that’s good you had a nice time with Lucy shopping 🛒 i hope it’s dry for your advent sale on Sunday. Yes i liked Babatunde I don’t know who will win see you goes tonight. How is Paul (()) and your friends doing (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely friends (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good you went to your club and you had someone to talk to (()) sorry you have a bad knee. have a good day lone to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583

Phew, made it at last. Sorry I haven't been in for a while, things have been a tad hectic here in the Chantry. Good news is I have my cataract removed on Dec 13. Bad news, I have Macular (dry). This is all I can manage for now. Love to you all. XXXXXXXX ❤️

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 3,948

Hi everyone

hope you’re all doing ok? Xx

wppl xx

• bosh

Hi toady 🐸

How are you doing today?

sorry to hear about your trouble with the builder

the nhs queue- jumpers husband had a roof prob recently and the builder swindled him out of £18k when job was relatively cheap, the prob is this elderly gentleman loves to panic and usually he’s asking the whole world for advice but this time he didn’t even ask his son, luckily he does have enough funds to just about cover it , what a thing to do though 😳

bye for now toady and Tc xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

thanks for your nice message

how are you and Sue doing today?

my right knee is ok now thanks, leg is a bit sore but not constantly 👍

hope you’re both having a good afternoon bye Tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you? Sorry to hear that you got soaked 💦

I hate it when that happens

almost got soaked on way to group

way back was fine

yes LA could practice his knitting skills if he’s quick let’s just hope they’re better than auntie goddess mima’ s lol

just wanted to mention you know we were chatting about losing grip on phones etc due to creams / arthritis? Well I’ve found a really good screen protector called G*rilla tempered glass I got it on eB**, not sure if I’m allowed to mention this, if it’s banned I’m sure someone will let me know and I can delete this info (only mentioning it as I think it’s really useful for arthritis sufferers - I drop my phone a lot too but haven’t damaged the actual phone screen for ages)

“big trouble” according to my sis is that LA and his new buddy Lorenzo crumpled up some tissues and put them near the sinks of the boys toilets, well as long as that’s the end of big trouble that’s not too bad, don’t want to wake up at 3 am due to police Airplane looking for naughty LA and all those other mischievous littleys 😂✈️

im tired already Toni not sure why had lucozade (one - off ) maybe just this nasty rainy windy weather we’re having 💨

lot of birthday’s coming up that’s nice 🙂

are your family easy to shop for?

at the moment I’m reading a nice book called A Witch in Time by Constance Sayers def not high literature or anything like that but an interesting read

LA said to me, well more implied really lol, that green - faced witches 🧙‍♀️

don’t eat chips / fries at McD’s they eat salad because they like green things due to having green faces, my goodness what a silly mistake to make I’d better go back to school or even nursery lol

bye for now Toni Tc xx

• bosh

👋 Kitty 🐈‍⬛

ps (just a bookmark pic not especially significant unless you’re toady 😀) xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

hope you’re ok - I just thought of something that BR did recently that I’d share with you

BR and LA’s parents had some professional photos done of them and in BR’s pic one of the props was a teddy bear of course poor little BR can’t say much atm so he pointed to the teddy and bared his teeth v aggressively bless him as if he were trying to say “that’s not big bro’s that’s mine! “ - naughty LA’s still stealing a lot of little brothers toys though slightly less than in the beginning.

That is very naughty indeed LA no fries for you just roasted carrots 🥕 🥕

(looks quite tasty actually) 😂

bye Tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096

Hi, all just a quick visit not much going on today, unless anyone's interested in me having cleared my slow draining utility room sink 😂 (caused by me rinsing plant pots & various compost related stuff, frog will know what I mean - I'm quite bad at letting it silt up but it's not easy to stop everything!). V dull & cold too so all's quiet, not many birdies out etc. Yes Mrs B and Mousie were indeed this week's highlights they will probably be this week's as well haha, among just catching up on my other undone chores, whilst trying not to think how near the end of Nov it is 😬 . Nice that you are doing-advent related things though, it all sounds lovely I do like the sound of everything the candles & sale goods and I do miss church tea & cakes! and proper old fashioned sales, jumble sales & the rest. Is any of the jam yours? Hope you did manage to work some real ivy into the wreaths, there is plenty in bosh's lovely owl & fairy pic I was pleased to see 😊 I expect they could spare some. Mine is still flowering although will be going over now, oddly the sweet peas that never quite had their 'day' are still looking better & better and quite tall, so on that showing I am looking forward to next year's wigwam - except it goes to prove again how funny the weather is! The maurandya is climbing so nicely up the centre of it too that it seems a shame to cut it back for winter, some say to do so, some just say cut back if raggedy looking and/or protect it; we'll see 🤔. Anything interesting going on with you? although I know you haven't had much garden time. Glad you met up with Lucy and stocked up with a trolleyful or three! 🤑 💳️ and glad she's eating up 😊. Hope you've had a good day and I don't suppose at all you're someone who goes mad for Black Friday but if you are buying anything anyway have fun. By the way to very belatedly answer your question, yes I do own a straw hat I can't really say why & can't remember where it came from, have never worn it but it was definitely the one in my postman-related dream 😂. xx

Hello to Joan and Sue and the dear dogs, I'm sure I'll get my jobs sorted one day 👍️ and anyway there is always another waiting, you just have to plod on through them. I haven't been watching I'm a celeb this year but from the odd snippet I've seen it's better they are back in the jungle, the ones over here never seemed right to me. Have a good day tomorrow, Friday already, surely not 😬 - love to both xx

Hi bosh, what lovely pretty pictures today 😊 such a difference to looking out of the window at the dismal sky. Sorry you got caught in the rain a bit, it just will keep doing some more & then some more won't it, where is it all coming from 🌧️🙄 at least I haven't just overpaid £1000s for roof repairs, that is so awful these people should be ashamed 😠 I don't suppose he can have them reported or looked into either. Scandalous. Grr. Hope things not too bad with you today and the knees both 'good' and 'bad' are behaving themselves. Glad HV was a little better too at last time of telling. And that the 'big trouble' was not so truly bad as all that, it was rather ominous there for a minute! 'be afraid, be very afraid' 😬. Btw I have never read 'Trilby' myself just heard the term, though I know the plot loosely, anyway we have enough hats around the place already what with all our winter hats my straw hat and now trilbies! I think we need a hatstand 😄. Nothing much else going on with me, I have not done any xmas shopping I don't do much these days but I must start to think about cards & things, one elderly friend always sends hers early it's always the first in, I'm expecting it any day now & then I always know I must get on 😳 that's if the posties will be delivering them. By the way that was a good McCoy pic and yes indeed, Bones, hands off the ladies, this will never do 😮😄 I think the time has also come to ask if you have heard Star Trekkin by The Firm - "ye cannae change the laws of physics, laws of physics, Jim!" etc etc 😂. Have a good evening and see you soon :) xx

Lovely to see Kitty 😺 glad that you are keeping busy and v good luck in advance for the op although sorry you have had that further diagnosis 😔 thinking of you kettle on anytime, I am mostly sitting about waiting for people so there is round the clock tea at the moment ☕️👍️ xx

and love to Barbara, it has been the week of the messy rainy wet mucky job with me, hope you are keeping dry & warmish! 😘 xx

• bosh

Hi toady

hatstand that’s a great idea I’ll look into it lol

good night toady and everyone Tc xx

ps grumpy old muppets to end the day with lol xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan (Or is it Suesday? I suspect not with this rain🙄) how are you doing today? That's Chris gone now too. I think I'd like Jill to win she is nice and quite funny too.Lucy's shopping can be too heavy for her she has to walk home if I don't take her. Love to you both.

Kitty!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lovely to see you I am so pleased to see your name here in teh cafe we have missed you so much but totally understand how busy you must be. Hopefully after the cataract is done you will be able to see to write easier. Huge hugs to you ((())) xxx

Reshmi the muppet pic!!! Did make me ☺

How are you doing today? I think the rain is persisting sadly but I will try not to get soaked again. It makes walking harder doesn't it? Having said that you do feel quite virtuous for having done it!

LA may need to be a super knitter to rustle up a gorgeous elephant toy like that for his lady-baby friend. I could knit all the parts ok, but my Mum used to sew it all together😳

Wow that's weird well Tia and her friend were also naughty in the loos at school when they were little....the filled the toilets with loo roll so they blocked up! Then they 'helped' the teachers but monitoring kids going in and out to find the culprit! Not sure how they rumbled it, but poor Paul was called into school.....

If LA doesn't fancy the carrots you and I can share them😋 Poor BR was probably sacred of the bear if it was big. I bet that photo will be loved by you all now forever bless him. I'm glad LA is letting him keep some of his cuddlies at least!

Honestly did you not realised that in order to have a green face you must eat green foods?😂that boy what would we do without him?

I did get a case for my phone, but will absolutely get one of those cases they are useful for those of us with poor grip or who need to use greasy creams thank you. We want our phones to last don't we? I think if it wasn't allowed you'd have been edited by now. They used to say we can give advice like we would to a friend or neighbour 'over the garden fence' just not blatant advertising. Or mentioning spurious arthritis 'cures'.

I hope today is good for you and you stay dry!

Morning Toady How are you today?

Wasn't it lovely to see Kitty?! Let's hope her eye op is a success😊

Well done getting your U bend off in the utility. Erm yes....me too plenty of garden silt (a woman has to wash her gloves somewhere😳) and cat food bits down mine a job i am always proud of having done though.

We have a lady in the village who makes the jams and chutneys. she normally sells them at a bargain £1 for the cats protection, but these are for the Church loo. I have got my advent calendar things out with little doors i can pop something behind. Looking for vegan chocs etc for us to open me and Paul! How old are we?

the sale should do ok weather permitting of course🙄 The weather keeps the birdies hiding at least Mousie and Mrs B did show themselves so all is well in the garden.

How lovely that your wigwam is doing so well albeit later than expected. Just like my agapanthus there to cheer us on these rainy days. Those wreaths are artificial with the stuff I inherited from P. the 'real ones' I will do in December with moss and Ivy and holly from my garden. Love it! Although my hands to be fair do not as you can imagine.

I'm so glad you have a straw hat and can picture you in it a piece of wheat in the side of your mouth outside in the sun😂 sorry! Me? I am in my mechanic's overalls hair all over the place filthy gloves with holes in them. I will get me a straw hat so I can be a proper gardener.

Well I'd better be getting dressed...

Ps I LOVED the 'fairy door' in the tree - 'I'm late I'm late....'

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) It’s so lovely to see you sorry about your eyes (()) good luck with your cataract operation. Have a good weekend. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) the postmen are on strike I think today. We have sun today have a good weekend.

Barbara (()) How are you doing the days go so quick don’t they. How is Mr B knee’s (()) have a good weekend love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) It was lovely seeing Kitty in the cafe today. Sorry you got soaked yesterday we have the sun today. Tia enjoyed herself at school. Have a good weekend. all the best for Paul on Monday (()) yes Jill could win do you think she would go first in the cyclone. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely friends how are they (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope you have a good day and your mum (()) have a good weekend take care.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi toady 🐸

how are you this afternoon?

star trekkin no hadn’t heard of it but looked it up briefly, low charge, seems quite hilarious though lol

i hadn’t got soaked this time was sympathising with Toni

glad you didn’t get tricked by builder 👍

Hat stands did look but couldn’t find any good images yet

going now low charge

bye Tc xx

ps d Vader having a cup of tea 🍵 lol xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

Thanks for advice about what we’re allowed to post 👍

Tia blocked the toilet- oh dear

rainy walk can be achievement true tho disadvantage of course is catching cold

Glad you liked the pics

in a v stuffy room but surviving thanks

went to C*sta! Had toast and tea so I was “good”

LA told my mum on the phone how to make a cheese sandwich lol

just in case she’d never made one before

Knees are more or less ok I think right leg a bit sore sometimes but not constantly 👍

how are your pains?

We’re all ok I think thanks for asking

but busy atm also Low charge plus mxt time soon 🤢

so I’ll go for now bye tc xx

ps ML likes French fries too apparently I’ve tried to adjust image so it’s not product placement lol xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

I’m ok thanks but a bit tired

how are you and Sue?

mums ok too I think

bye for now tc xx

• bosh

Hi again toady 🐸

I saw the video of S Trekkin that was really funny thanks for that 😂

I liked Kirk saying “We come in peace, shoot to kill” lol and of course Scottie was great, I doubt Kirk’s clever enough to know the laws of physics though (goodness knows I’m not) haha

My Knees are ok atm thanks right leg is hurting sometimes but not constantly 👍

I was watching some uk sitcom on Netflix not great but not too bad either and a lady fell in love with her builder and she was v happy when he asked for her email but it was just to send her invoice for £5000 for fixing a tap oh dear I’ll contact police -elephant (as long as he’s not busy spraying water from his trunk across the universe lol).

hope you have a good night toady bye Tc xx

• bosh

Hi again Toni 🌺

you’ve got a point there it was a big teddy bear so BR could’ve been a bit scared too

LA told mum cheese sandwiches should be cut into triangles lol

they taught him that at school

back to the omelette - lady incident lol, my mum said in those days dad would put all sorts of strange things in his omelettes, anything he could find really, grapes and cherries mixed up with cheese and ham - yuck 🤢

hope the omelette- lady didn’t need too many antacids

hope you’re having a good night? Bye for now tc xx

ps more grumpy muppets for you - enjoy xx

• bosh

Hi toady

just wanted to say no quirky hat stand pic yet but I found this unique hat 👒 xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096

Have just typed & lost a short post, blah 🙄 there was not much to it but anyway, sorry about that and as it's been a bit of a long day I will have to stick to a cheery goodnight wave now but I will be in tomorrow for a Saturday cuppa as my time is my own hoorah, no early starts no hanging about for people. The roof saga is inching half a league onwards, which is the main thing (all you want sometimes is some movement in these things, in any direction rather than sitting in suspense!) - I have not fallen madly for the builder so life has not imitated art 😬 😂 will briefly update tomorrow but mainly look forward to catching up on chat of other things 😊 👍️ have a good night all & see you tomorrow. xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan yes Tia loved school and then University and now seems to enjoy work. Charley popped round last night. I had been late back due to being at my friends' and had abandoned a loaf on the chair so Charley sat on it!!! My fault😂 How are you both doing? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I hope the MTX hangover isn't too bad. Lucozade maybe or coconut water (very nice!) I am also enjoying a cordial. It's ginger and I have it hot it goes down well although it does burn your mouth a bit.

Thank goodness LA knows how to make a cheese sandwich! You Mum will be ok now she knows how🤣triangles? Of course how very 'Waitrose' of his school! Tia had her moments in school, but rarely got told off because her Mum had died.

If the omelette-lady needed many antacids she seems to have forgotten the trauma. Isn't your dad funny?!! He really though he was masterchef standard experimenting like that🤢

Well done you going into Costa and having tea and toast. I think that is an ideal combination. Not at all high in calories.

Please don't tell me the Mona Lisa is now eating Maccies?! Well she can go with LA next time he goes if she behaves maybe...

Lucy isn't very well she has a throat infection so is on antibiotics.

That grumpy muppet joke is spot on!😄

As for the 'beam me up' cartoon I can honestly still imagine kids saying that!!

Have a good day and stay dry.

I am so glad to hear Toady that you have not fallen for the builder! I think I need to watch a film like that though -a bit of respite from real life!

Good news that things are moving forwards at least I know you'll fill us in when you can.

All well here, friend very poorly sadly sleeping more, but still hanging on for now. Over there this morning.

As usual I send love to Kitty, Barbara and Carol if they can get in. I think we are probably due some photos of Carol's G GKids soon. ((())) xxx

another hipster breakfast.....

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day I will be thinking about you when you have your operation. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) that’s good you are having a peaceful day to day.

Barbara (()) have a good day. How is Mr B (()) love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I’m sorry about your friend (()) that must have been hard for Tia (()) and Paul (()) sorry Lucy having a throat infection (()) what time is Paul’s appointment on Monday. You have such a lot of worries going on thinking about you (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your good friends (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day and your mum (()) you are doing good going to your club good (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi toady 🐸

how are you today? I’m glad that life hasn’t imitated art lol 😂.

im ok for a mxt - hangover day thanks

I’ll leave it there for now

the S T song is still in my head btw oh dear - only joking 😂

hope your enjoying your relatively free day

bye tc xx

Ps fruit punch - hat (non - alcoholic for us I think) lol 🎩 xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

im not too bad thanks for a mxt - hangover day, pretty tired though haven’t been out. How about you?

that cordial sounds nice, I like ginger in drinks but accidentally biting into a ginger piece is horrible, at least for me, good job dad didn’t put any in the omelettes lol, yes it seems as if he def fancied himself as an egg - based Michelin- starred creator lol.

that was sad about Tia

yes the bourgeoisie of Waitrose and LA’s school combined seemed to have had a posh effect alright lol,

Don’t tell him i once made him packet brownies (healthy ones too they weren’t really full of sugar, they just tasted like it) absolute silence please 🤫

Yes ML eats McD’s apparently lol

Sorry to hear about L’s throat infection, I remember when I had one, it’s nasty, do the antibiotics make her sleepy? They did when I had them.

Ps don’t eat too much cake 🍰- oh sorry that’s someone else lol bye tc xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing? Thanks about the club / group, yes going there def helps me, mum seems ok today thanks, have a good afternoon both of you. Bye Tc xx