Val's Cafe

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 3,953

Hi toady ๐Ÿธ

thanks about my mum she is feeling better now thank you and is eating a little bit more and slightly more normally which is good ๐Ÿ˜Š

my dad made The kitchen stink by warming some low-sodium spring rolls of all things ha ha

They tasted okay not brilliant but okay I couldโ€™ve done without the torture of my eyes though

But as we all know trying to reason with him would be like trying to reason with a sachet of porridge or RB - Iโ€™d def get more sense out of dry cereal quite frankly ๐Ÿ™„

you know you were mentioning vegan porridge? I wouldโ€™ve thought that practically all porridge is vegan because isnโ€™t it just oats? Or did you mean the shortcut porridge but not the ultimate shortcut porridge in which they put dehydrated skimmed milk or some such rubbish? Just curious.

thanks about the pan info๐Ÿ‘

ll and old phones yes I remember

will leave it there as nothing will get done otherwise lol

bye for now hope you walk before the werewolves come out tc xx

ps pic of toady when the cerealโ€™s run out lol xx

• bosh

Good night everyone donโ€™t let the fairies bite unless theyโ€™ve run out of porridge xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Morning everyone

I am awake and the only person upstairs which feels odd. Being very quiet so as to not disturb the dogs. If I do they will wake my friends up.

Morning Joan how are you and Sue? all is well here at the moment. I think just having someone here is helping her wife more than anything. Some of the family are visiting today so I will go a ride in the car maybe even home if there's time. ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you today? No more spring rolls cooking?๐Ÿ™„ although low sodium is good I suppose it's not good if they are eye watering.

I hope you'll get to the group today. Wonder if the new lady will be there or RR with his tall tales and funny cakes.

I did find a photo for you of me as a vulcan will try to post it if I can later.

Glad you Mum is much better. It is a worry when someone with diabetes can't eat regularly as you said. How on earth does someone in that position go on a diet if they need to๐Ÿคจ I suppose with the diabetic nurse's support probably.

Sometimes we all eat rubbish if we are stressed, but every day is a new one and hopefully today will be a good one especially if you get out of the house any talk to other people for a while.

I reckon the vegan instant porridge doesn't have milk powder in it perhaps soya??

Was the heating ok? It's fine here, but my back is not keen on 'different' beds I'm sure you understand.

BTW I love the cat with the pearl earring!

Toady don't worry about putting the lights on in the cafรฉ you must be able to see! it is rather too cold to go outside or do much other than keep warm. Thermal curtains are a great idea. The sun has rotted that part of some of ours and bits fall over the floor ATM I've tried shaking the rest out but it won't happen in one go. Grrr! Of course it could have been the dry cleaning from last year๐Ÿค”

Well done buying your cards people will look at them and read whatever you've written of course they will fingers ๐Ÿคž

I have stocked up quite well so far not 100% but quite well. I just need a new pair of jeans I think and one more nightie. Everything else is well underway. Life is a bit much ATM my hoover is in the Church still from cleaning up minced pie crumbs! That's how disorganised i am ATM๐Ÿ™„

Ah well you see we needed Paul to have some dizzy spells and if he walks/talks too much he gets dizzy. I am presuming that maybe not enough oxygen gets to his brain? The walk was rubbish he only managed a very small distance. He had to press a button every time he felt dizzy. I wasn't over happy I doubt I could catch him! Not sure whether his heart rate went as low as it can though I expect it did when he was asleep and forgot it was there. All done now so just got to wait. Just watched him on the ring doorbell going off to work.

Well done selling your ๐ŸŒฑ ๐Ÿคญat least you don't need them even if you didn't achieve the challenge in time. I also hope they germinate I expect they will.

What a story about the Christmas lights! I bet the work-persons were confused๐Ÿ˜‰ No Christmas lights in our village it's too small we just stick up a few each house. I think we made about ยฃ400 in total which is great. The โ›ช conversion (toilet and kitchen etc) will cost anything up to ยฃ200,000 I think but it's a start.

Did you get your walk in was it to the wide-mouthed frog? 10pm is fine if you aren't in bed till 1am I think and what were the porridge pots like? I quite like my porridge with soya now, but those saucepans do take some cleaning afterwards.

Well have a good dayโ˜บ๏ธ

Love as always to our missing friends Kitty, Barbara and Carol. I hope all three are doing ok as are their families ((())) xxx

breakfast spring rolls for Bosh especially!!!

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day take care. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) Do you like going for a walk in the dark things look different donโ€™t they. Good luck with all your posting. Have a good day

Barbara (()) how are you and Mr B (()) have a day. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toni (()) good luck to Paul (()) with his test (()) love to your lovely friends (()) Iโ€™m thinking about them (()) itโ€™s good they have a caring friend like you (()) love to Paul (()) and your lovely friends (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) thatโ€™s good your mum is better (()) take care all of you.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi everyone xx

wppl xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing? Iโ€™m ok thanks

Thanks about my mum

bye for now tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ

How are you?

spring rolls for breakfast indeed lol

so it was you stinking up the kitchen today!

im ok ty just going to grab a shower in a mo

mums ok too thanks ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

bye for now tc xx

๐Ÿ‘‹ toady xx

• frogmorton

Popping in for a cuppa I'm upstairs in my room giving my friends some space. All is stable here.

We have those mushrooms in our Churchyard not that big of course, Reshmi!

Thanks Joan Paul just hopes they can see that something is wrong and can help. My lovely neighbour is having his pacemaker replaced today - Paul asked for his old one๐Ÿ˜„ ((())) xxx

• frogmorton
    edited 30. Nov 2022, 15:46

Me as a vulcan for my brother's 50th. Wish I could shrink it so the wrinkles were less evident!! I only went and shrunk it!!!

• frogmorton
  • bosh

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ

thatโ€™s a v nice pic of you, no shame in wrinkles but if youโ€™ve got hold of the shrinking powder can I have some for my stomach please? Lol

nice countryside pic too

sorry Iโ€™m attempting to write small instalments in a v disorganised way

a bit tired atm but was a good day thanks

chat at the group got a bit โ€œheavyโ€ RR decided to talk about a nurse he knows who was working on a psych wardโ€ฆwell you can imagine the rest, so I left a bit early and got a chai latte from Eyebrow- plucks, Reading rhyming slang ๐Ÿ˜‚

which was great but the young girl serving told me someone had attempted safe - breaking so no cash payments -I wonder who did that and how no one saw them? Bit worrying- just hope itโ€™s not cake - lickers uncle haha

bye for now tc xx

• bosh

Hi toady

how are you?

yes I remember the old phones and the dialling sound, we still have a landline - donโ€™t worry Iโ€™m not that young lol

thanks about appointment and preparation

group was not really that great today as RR started talking his friend working on psych wardโ€ฆwell you can imagine the details so I left early and got a nice drink from cafe eyebrow- plucks as they say in Rdg rhyming slang lol, better than using asterisks ( unless of course Iโ€™m told to do so)

mum seems a lot better thankfully

the cafe where group occurs was really cold ๐Ÿฅถ

maybe because we were v near an outer door I suppose, still seemed a bit arctic though

thermal curtain seems like a good idea btw

ill stop for now as a bit tired

bye toady Tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    edited 30. Nov 2022, 18:24

Afternoon all ๐Ÿ˜Š well that's about all the usefulness I'm going to get out of today, warmth & daylight-wise not that there's much of either to be had, so it's down tools and poke about on the internet for me. I suppose I am slowly getting through my jobs but it's a bit like a woodworm working its way through a solid teak table leg instead of a nice bit of pine ๐Ÿ˜‚ oh well the curtains are up, let's hope I see a revelatory change in temps in that room. Sorry about your crumbling lining frog ๐Ÿ˜ฌ annoying. I did have some with the white rubbery backing type stuff and they were ok, these are the 3 layers of fabric with something or other in the middle, we'll see what they're like. Glad to hear things are quiet & as you say stable, lovely to see you popping in & out of the cafe - did you get out for a drive ie is that lovely picture from today? Only just spotted the 2nd deer (fawn?) on the left, fabulous. And what a super Vulcan you made ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ––! Did Paul do something as well ๐Ÿ˜‚ lovely pic anyway I bet you had fun (and I love that top!). Hope Paul's results are through soon and are straightforward & point you both in the right direction, hopefully no 2ndhand pacemakers required. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ V handy to have things like the doorbell cam, I haven't got a smart anything but there are some things I can see the point of (did you see how much money Ale*a has cost Ama**n btw?๐Ÿ˜ฑ which also reminds me, I saw a doormat with the words 'Yes Amaz*n, this house again' I may need one of those ๐Ÿ˜‚). Good total at the advent sale but yes that is a big target to reach, I didn't realize the plans were quite as extensive, well it all adds up. Never mind if your hoover is at the church hall ๐Ÿ˜‰ perhaps it would like to stay there for some xmas services, and join in - 'sing hose-anna' etc ๐Ÿ˜„. I did twig yesterday that there was no post pick up today or tomorrow either, so I cried off going to the postbox but might have a chilly walk later. I have to put some stuff out for the council under the cover of darkness, I forgot when I booked that they don't give you an idea when they'll be coming. The porridge is not here yet it is on order - doesn't have much in the way of ingredients at all so may well not taste of much either but I can always add some things. Will let you know. V uneconomical of course but if it really does turn arctic of a morning I can always boil my little upstairs kettle & chuck a hot breakfast together without getting up ๐Ÿšโ˜•๏ธ. Hope things continue as well as poss with you all & see you soon :) xx

Hello joan, yes I do like a late walk it is totally different to the daytime, less people for one thing although I don't go off the beaten track of course. Nice to see the stars and hear an owl maybe. Temps are really dropping now aren't they, 5 degrees by next week ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I can expect my winter chilblains any minute now ๐Ÿ™„. Hope you're all keeping well & warm :) xx

Hi bosh & hope you're doing ok ๐Ÿ˜Š low sodium spring rolls, well it takes all sorts ๐Ÿคจ glad they were edible, anyway. Hope nothing too noxious or fume-making going on in the kitchen today. Yes I do mean the very shortcut porridge, this one is free from everything pretty much gluten etc I will see what it's like when it gets here, no milk substitute so I'm not sure what makes it go porridgey, maybe it doesn't maybe it'll just be rather watery oats ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. I don't buy much like this it is a bit wasteful when you can get a big bag of oats; but just for now & again. I keep looking at that lovely sun & man in the moon pic isn't it just fantastic, those colours and all that detail ๐Ÿคฉ. Oh dear it would be sad to think in terms of Star Trek being extinct tv rather than just vintage tv I suppose it's harsh but true though ๐Ÿ˜” but at least we all still talk about it. I read the other day about a Roman coin that proved an emperor actually existed that they had not thought really was one ๐Ÿ˜ฎ imagine how cross being an actual Roman emperor and one day people dismissing you as imaginary. At least history has been put right, but who knows how accurate anything really & how much of history is actually wrong when it comes down to it. I was listening to a Doctor Who fan-made audio again last night and it reminded me, that technically the Doctor stole the Tardis so he had better watch out for the police space-time elephant himself, no-one is above the law. Talking of blue boxes, did the 'post comment' box not used to be yellow? Quite unsettling when things change just a little bit. ๐Ÿค” Have a good evening keep warm (or cool as applicable) xx Oh I've just seen your post before me, it was cold at the cafe then so maybe warm will be better this evening, I don't blame you for leaving early & having a nice drink instead and the kettle is on here round the clock too ofc. xx

Love to Barbara, Kitty, our own christmas Carol, and anyone calling in for a warm ๐Ÿ˜˜ no purchase required ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ xx

• bosh

Hi again Toni ๐ŸŒบ

it was just RR and J the organiser lady today

yes dieting with diabetes must be hard and like you said I imagine the person would need nurseโ€™s support,

but they do always say donโ€™t they, that lifestyle change works better than strict and usually temporary dieting? But I know what you mean yes any change in eating patterns etc must be doubly hard for diabetics

Thanks yes it was a nice change

Iโ€™ve got a voucher for Fearโ€™s Embrace yes Rdg rhyming slang again lol, just trying to avoid asterisks if poss ๐Ÿ˜‚

the stationery shop in other words , but I think that stores been uprooted from central Reading as far as I can tell, bit of a shame really.

about porridge yes couldโ€™ve been soya , good point, but I think toady said itโ€™s the gluten free almost everything free version ๐Ÿ‘

heatings ok thanks I mean itโ€™s working properly but my mum likes the house a bit too warm really oh well much better than freezing indeed ๐Ÿฅถ

oh dear poor you yes mattresses and diff beds are a big issue, when I stayed with sis the mattress was actually good for my back but just lying on my side for short while really hurt my side felt like bruising ๐Ÿคข

glad you liked feline with unorthodox jewellery portrait lol

vulcan outfit was great btw ๐Ÿ‘

Hope you have a good night bye Tc xx

ps new pharmacist cooking our mxt ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

• bosh

A spooky good night to toady and everyone else too xx

my Crystal ball predicts that weโ€™ll be in reasonable spirits tomorrow even if the weathers a bit ooky

bye Tc xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan how are you today? It's a bit chilly out here but cosy enough inside, but at the moment all is well here. Hope you have a good day ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I love the Salem meme. He is doing a great job making MTX with only nice side effects for us all bless him. Look at his little faceโค๏ธ

How are you? Did you manage your walk yesterday I did a bit when I went to Tesco to get some bits for us bread and suchlike.

It took me ages to find the Vulcan pic, but I knew I had it. We all dressed as Vulcans for my bro's birthday he is a huge Star Trek fan.

Loving the Reading Rhyming slang what a great idea!!! I don't think we have Stafford Rhyming slang here - maybe I can improvise๐Ÿ˜‰

I reckon the weather must have put everyone off from going to the group sadly not RR I think he loves a captive audience๐Ÿ™„What an inappropriate story to be spouting. You were probably sensible to warm up in 'eyebrow-plucks' instead.

Don't forget to spend your voucher.

I totally agree about diets they need to a total lifestyle change nothing drastic and temporary. Not easy though.

My Mum used to like the house too warm too it can be a bit stifling in that case. Glad you can cope. Here has to be warm because my friend isn't moving. Not used to the bed yet but in a few more days I will be. I am sorry sleeping on your side hurt at your sisters even though no doubt it was a good bed.

Have a good day I agree we will all be in good spirits.

Morning Toady how are you today? Cosy I hope now the thermal lined curtains are up. I have a great set in the bedroom that lining has survived, but the disintegrating ones were from 'Text' (more of Bosh's Reading Rhyming slang I hope she approves) and a different fabric altogether.

The deer ๐ŸฆŒ and fawn were from the end of last week I just didn't remember to post it and when I found the vulcan pic I thought I'd pop them on. I am so lucky to see them so often living here.

I thought I'd make a good Vulcan too๐Ÿ˜ as a family all 22 of us can do the hand sign๐Ÿ–– Kari and I made a bag of tribbles to get bro with too!

Seems Alexa was after us shopping on the devices not talking rubbish like we do๐Ÿ˜ Ah well more fool them eh? I like the ring doorbell - remember I spotted the vehicle which knocked the Church wall down?

Porridge is always good I love the stuff I hope yours is tasty and easy to prepare from a toasty bed!

Oh yes postal strike I forgot and a nurses strike imminent too. When๐Ÿคจ is that due? That really is a worry.

Better get on am upstairs on my laptop having taken my meds. As I am giving the friends privacy unless needed I will probably pop in fairly regularly I hope.

I managed to message Barbara yesterday she is well as is Mr B. She sends her love to us all and wishes her eyes would let her post to us. So frustrating.๐Ÿ˜”

don't hipsters eat bizarre breakies?

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) people say we will have snow the weatherman says we wonโ€™t what do you think. It does seem cold enough. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) how are you and Mr B (()) sorry your eyes are bad it must be difficult for you (()) love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toni (()) your friend is strong (())love to both of them (()) I saw in the news yesterday about a man that had the big C he had a operation by robots the Doctor said he will go on for a good few years. Does the battery run out on a pacemaker. Your neighbour has done well (()). Love to Paul how is he (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) how is your mum (()) are your tummyโ€™s all right. Take care

take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton

Hi Joan - Batteries do run out in pacemakers believe it or not! My lovely neighbour now has a new one which should last him many years. How clever is it a robot doing surgery?! Wow! I hope the man does really well. Hope you are both ok today? xxx ((()))

I am sitting nearby just being her for support. Not sure how soon, but things are getting closer.

• bosh

Hi everyone hope youโ€™re all doing ok today? Xx

wppl xx

• bosh

๐Ÿ‘‹ toady ๐Ÿธ

how are you? Sorry v tired time of the month so thatโ€™s all Iโ€™m saying at the moment really, hows your day going so far?

bye Tc xx

ps just one thing did you like watching this tv programme as a child? Ive been re - watching it on Rubikโ€™s Cube - more of my rhyming slang xx

• frogmorton

I'm fine thanks Bosh hope you are too. Have some calorie free vegan cake

Poor Salem....half a day isn't quite enough๐Ÿ˜

• bosh

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ

how are you?

im ok thanks but v tired with time of the month

I cope with the house being hot because I have to I do understand my mums worries though I sometimes put fan on briefly in morning just to wake myself up , prob is I suppose some rooms heat up faster than others, mine is def one of them, oh well no ones fault.

Iโ€™ll leave it there as practically asleep ๐Ÿ’ค right now

its so nice that youโ€™re supporting your friend

Noel taught LA and Riley cake - licking misdemeanour btw ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

bye for now T and Tc xx

ps I know neither nighttime nor Halloween but Iโ€™m getting my goth on as it were lol xx ๐Ÿ˜€

• bosh

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

my stomach is ok atm thanks

mums is too thanks for asking

im tired but ok ๐Ÿ‘

hope youโ€™re both having a good afternoon, bye Tc xx

• bosh
    edited 1. Dec 2022, 18:32

Thanks Toni ๐ŸŒบ

that is some calorie - free vegan confection! Lol

i canโ€™t even look at cakes like that though the gender - neutral Medusa will turn me to stone ๐Ÿ˜‚ xx

ps goth take on Alice lol xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    edited 1. Dec 2022, 18:43

Hi all ๐Ÿ˜Š little earlier than yesterday [well it was when I started ๐Ÿ•”๏ธ ], I am creeping back a bit at a time apparently as the cold/dark creeps in ever earlier. Gosh it's cold ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I think someone has swapped my brain for an icecube tray. Not nice at all.

Waves to frog ๐Ÿ˜˜ hope you are doing ok and as for what you are doing, well I'm sure you know what I think of that, and hope things are all they can be expected today. Hope all the frogmortons are well too. That is a large Vulcan clan! no wonder you all went for the ears etc Klingons would have been a bit challenging for 22 of you ๐Ÿ˜„. I see about the deer photo thanks, it makes such a lovely scene and not unlike one of bosh's fantasy pathways like the one immediately after in the next post. I saw (and heard!) two lots of geese go over here earlier, lovely ๐Ÿ˜Š. Have been out 3 times today to feed the birdies, Mr B is very keen to come, mousie nipped out yesterday briefly from one of his winter quarters, ie under the shed. (There are more than a few of his relatives at the House of Commons apparently.. quite a lot of 'MP' shall we say according to the news ๐Ÿ˜‰. Catering areas were given a 2 out of 5 rating, so we can knock spots off that, here at the cafe!) That is the only time I have spent outdoors but I really must go and see what's what and bring in anything not hardy that I haven't already. I did go for a quick walk and put something in the post last night and the box was not overfull, and I had a RM24 parcel today, so I don't know what's going on with them tbh ๐Ÿค”. Yes, had not read too much about the nurses' strike (15th & the 20th) but touch wood it affects nobody here. I guess the robot nurses will be along shortly to join the robot surgeons ๐Ÿค–.. what with that and San Francisco police passing a thing to allow them to use bomb disposal robots for other purposes ๐Ÿ™„ you can hear the 'unfortunate incident' investigations already. Nothing much else going on with me today, I have sorted my odd drawer of stamps and bits of paper and printed my xmas address labels which is v early for me but I don't fancy doing things last minute this year. I also had an email this morning from the council saying they are coming Monday, so I need not have put my things out ๐Ÿ˜• oh well it's not too long. People are putting their xmas lights up now in fits & starts, some more 'ott' than others - someone not far away does a display for charity, will have to go & see if they are this year. Hope you have got enough bits & bobs to do and read or listen to, I thought the google doodle might be ok for 10 mins amusement today but it is the very sort of game at which I am most dire ๐Ÿ˜ฃ how about you. See you soon, take care xx

Hello joan, I wonder about the snow too.. ๐Ÿค” it is forecast here for the end of the week.. I always think of that thing they say about it being too cold for snow but I've just looked that up and not true apparently, so I don't know where that idea started, I've always heard it said. I will settle for cold and dry at the moment! But it really is not for me this weather ๐Ÿ˜• makes you appreciate being able to put the kettle on, that's for sure. Hope you're all well, have a good Friday - must put the bin out in a bit ๐Ÿ˜ฌโ„๏ธ xx

Hi bosh, yes I remember Willo the Wisp! - 'oh, Arthur!' and evil Edna etc ๐Ÿ“บ๏ธ, probably not even from as far back as child later on though ๐Ÿ˜Š cartoons were nicer then, simpler and fun and less going on, not so madly colourful and busy & so much happening, I suppose I would say that though. Kenneth is always good too especially in earlier comedy things maybe more than the later films. I love all your rhyming slang too ๐Ÿ˜‚ v amusing, Rubik's Cube, fantastic ๐Ÿ˜€ (were you any good at that btw? talking of old games; I meant to ask the other day when you posted kids playing 'online', how are you with roundabouts and things I could never do anything that goes round, or up & down really, such a shame ๐Ÿ˜ซ). Hope you have a good evening and can get some sleep, or have managed a nap, I might have one myself now it's too cold to do much. See you later :) xx

Love to Barbara glad to hear from you through Toni, and thinking of Kitty & anyone absent xx