Val's Cafe

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Morning everyone

Joan I hope it is just frozen pipes and you now have heating but you have to wonder why don't the housing come and lag your pipes for you if that's all it is. Back up to Stoke for me later today again back the night after the funeral. Sending you both ((())) xxx

Morning Kitty me duck how are you today? I hope well. Sleek will be over later she has made some mice pies (yes mice not mince) and wants to share them with you🤢Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I am very pleased to hear that your Mum is feeling a good bit better that she was. It must be hurtful if she takes it out on you. Just believe she doesn't mean it it's the pain or upset talking not her. I can tell from your posts just how close you both are.

You are having non-family children in your house that's scary with COVID being on the rise. You must all be quite nervous. I heard yesterday that someone in the village (who has also had a kidney transplant) has caught it so that's a huge worry. Some people like Q jumper are just pushy not much you can do.

Oh dear me I hope LA doesn't purloin blue 🐻that would be dreadful for BR. He has learnt a very useful phrase indeed there! Calm down LA!!!! Isn't it gratifying that he is so excited about coming to stay with you and making cheese sandwiches bless him.

The tree of dreams. How lovely can we eat the fruit and have a nice dream do you think?. Yes avoid late night cheese and MTX if at all possible along with caffeine.

Oh yes I forgot your hairdresser's penchant for interrogating innocent customers about their hair-care routines🙄let's hope when you see him again after Christmas he does not do it again. I only had a trim that's what i always do really. Boring, but safe.

Should be safe out today it has warmed up significantly🤞

I hope you have a good day.

Morning Toady I am thinking maybe I do not need to defrost the bird bath today👍️

It's lightly raining I think here too. I have my bikini at the ready for these tropical temperatures we are set to have I expect you have done the same. My suntan lotion at the ready as well of course.

🤞 the roof holds up under it's raincoat.

and that today is an easier one for you full of calm and achievements no annoyances.

GOOD NEWS! The missing cat returned home after no less than 6 days missing.

A quick 👋 to Barbara and Carol in case they get in today. ((())) xxx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 3,950

Hi Toni

how are you?

sorry forgot to mention properly I’ve got the rheumatology app in about an hour

LA didn’t let me sleep

xx.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day. Are your neighbours nice. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) any sign of your neighbours yet. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) I hope everything is alright there. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) our pipe is lagged. Love to your friend (())I will think of you both the day of the funeral (()) I lost my balance yesterday and fell over in doors it’s the getting up that’s the problem. Have a good day (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) love to Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (()) and the man who had the kidney transplant (())

take care
    joan xx
  • dachshund

Sorry Reshmi I posted to quick love to your mum has she still got her painful arm (())) have a good day take care

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096

Sorry I didn't wish bosh well with the rheumo appt, last night, but hoping it went ok 🤞will be back later see you all then 😘 xx

• bosh

Hi Toni toady Joan

back from the appointment thanks

didn’t go too badly thanks but v shattered now

will reply properly later

Toni just wanted to say LA made a cheese sandwich 🧀

for breakfast don’t tell SSM 😱

bye tc xx

• toady
    edited 19. Dec 2022, 19:14

Hello all 😊 phew, I made it. Yesterday was such a silly day - started with the postman's van calling early when I wasn't really up (or expecting him!), just managed to stop him taking a parcel to mrs miserable next door 😱😱😱. Two separate things that arrived later with normal postie, from nosegay, were completely wrong item 🙄 first person has sent a return label (stingy, only a cheap thing may as well have said I could give to charity imo). Other thing I haven't gotten round to yet. Then I found a card from my camera had somehow wiped my pictures and had to stop & try & retrieve them off it. Then the neighbours turned up as predicted and started putting things in the skip... you get the picture, anyway.

Glad to see things as well as poss with others, though Joan has had a little indoor fall (strictly not allowed! hope no bruises). Frog, so pleased to hear about the missing kitty, no more bad news for xmas thank you 👍️😀. I have written a couple of cards & will potter up to the box later. I was writing emails last night even after I came in here because I'd forgotten something 😬. Yesterday much quieter thankfully, and yes much warmer, nice to feel your fingers again! Thinking of you for tomorrow and hopefully the roads should be ok at least, how is the motorhome at this point 🤔. We did have a reasonable little bit of rain here but🤞indeed that the flat roof is ok, but have been up the loft to look at t'other trouble spot, still up to its old tricks 🙄 will have to go on the list for New Year. Have swathed everywhere in plastic and old sheets etc so at least the flippin stuff should not be getting much further. If you have got as far as you have with any xmas prep🎄that's good going under the circumstances, can only do what you can do. It's been the "12 Delays of Christmas" for sure this year. I think I'll pass on a mice pie, thank Sleek all the same, but I am going to go and get myself a coffee and I may break out the After Eights 😂 no offence to bosh with the way everything gets smaller they are probably an inch square now so not too much temptation👍️. See you sometime tomorrow will pop in & out hopefully 😘 xx btw saw at least 2 mousies yesterday so not frozended tyvm, if they've got through this it's a miracle. Should also have mentioned that roof chap #2 did not hurt himself badly but I imagine that 'going forward' it might well put you off roofing 🤨. Good luck with your Ocado order I am having Al Fresco myself tomorrow, hair unwashed tra la, past caring. 😂

Hello joan hope you are ok 😔 no harm done etc. Gives you a jolt though doesn't it in all senses. Yes the neighbours have been around, well they are not the actual new people they are the previous people's family at this point. I expected them to be putting things in the skip with it being Sunday - only a small skip and just odds & ends, they all have large vehicles a few runs to the tip would have done it 🤔 why pay. Hope you're both well and will have heating soon at least it is a few degrees less Arctic 😬. love to all xx

Hi bosh and glad to hear the appt seems to have gone well sorry it wasn't brilliant timing with it, what with LA in residence and therefore 'nessun dorma' 🤨. At any rate I'm glad he's enjoying himself and making cheese sandwiches, was the cheese and bread all the right shape and size and met his specifications. Do hope your mum's coping, that's the main thing. And that pesky Q jumper & family did not bring any germs. I remember the Van Gogh Doctor Who story 😀 it was quite well done even if they were passing scots accents off as dutch if I remember rightly, lol, but it was quite an affecting tear-jerking episode, poor old Vincent. The g**gle doodle thing today is Dutch artist Judith Leyster, I did not know her. Her work was highly regarded by her contemporaries, but largely forgotten after her death. "Her entire oeuvre came to be attributed to Frans Hals or to her husband, Jan Miense Molenaer", nice, eh 🙄. Hope other things not too bad with you today have you managed to get your eye drops. I will be going for a late postbox walk I imagine though whether anything will get there 🤔. Must write another card or two and then everyone else will manage. See you anon :) xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara and the cat's mother and anyone passing 😘 xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

sorry to hear you had a fall

hope you’re okay?

i’m not too bad at the moment thanks though back is aching a bit more than usual due to car ride to the hospital

mum is okay right at this moment thanks

hope you and Sue have a good night take care xx

• bosh

Hi toady 🌺

how are you this evening?

what a tiring day but not a bad day in the end thank you

i’m still quite tired really and my back is aching more than normal but that’s understandable after car journey to the hospital

about my mum she had a hypo in the night but she’s okay now this morning was terrible though I was so tired nauseous palpitations

Long wait in the hospital

but I got seen in the end I’m allowed to self inject methotrexate not now but it’ll probably happen about New Year

I’m not going to go on waffling in my usual way because I know that it’s not doing my back any good so I will leave it there but it’s not me being rude just me trying to not make the pain worse

lovely to see LA of course but so glad that I don’t have kids no offence

bye for now tc xx

ps pic is me looking for inspiration maybe? lol xx

• bosh

Hi toady 🐸

no need to be sorry

I’m ok thanks v tired needed coconut water lucozade and sugary snacks to get through the day unfortunately

will reply properly tomorrow my posts aren’t helping my back pain unfortunately

have a good night and late walk LA told me they’re still some witches around so be careful tc xx

Ps it’s best not to dance by the light of the moon unless you’re wearing your waterproofs 😂 xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan it's good your pipes are lagged, but odd it's still freezing. A fall? That's not good I agree getting up is the trickiest. Crawl over to something you can use to pull yourself up I was told. Hope you were not hurt. ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi hope the rheumatology apt went ok. Any changes in meds for you? Ah I see you are going to inject your MTX instead - that might really help with your nausea.

Sorry to hear your back is playing you up.

How is your Mum doing are her aches still subsiding? Not good about her hypo hope today is better.

I bet LA is loving ruling the roost. I have a feeling there may be a few cheese sandwiches had these next few days. He wouldn't let you sleep? cheeky boy! He loves you too much and wants your company. On teh positive side I think he brings out the nicer side of your day which has to be good.

A bit brief but funeral today sorry .

Hi Toady how are you doing today?

Glad you saved your parcel from going to Mrs Miserable. Phew! Not at all good the the skip is getting filled. Hope they are too busy with Christmas now to come again for a bit 😕Well done writing some cards at least.

Not looking forward to today or tonight when my friend will be upset and struggle to sleep again. I hope it actually helps her today it ought to even if only a bit.

Not been much of a Christmas so far, but at least the motorhome went off on the low loader to the Ford garage to be fixed. Doubt they looked even at it yesterday although I am convinced it's just a fuel filter it needs.

Rain hasn't been heavy here, but pretty constant hope you are still water-tightish with whatever means necessary

Right must get on time to face the music.

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you have a good day (()) love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope the neighbours relatives don’t make too much noise next door. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) I hope all is well there have a good day love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I will be thinking of you today (()) and your friend it’s very hard (()) I hurt my knee getting up thank you for thinking about me. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) sorry your mum had a hypo (()) is she alright now. Are you feeling a bit better now (()) that’s good you had your appointment.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi toady 🐸

how are you?

eye drops no I need to order them or poss but from shop on wed if I remember

cheese sandwich 🥪

for breakfast again for LA which shape good question

need to check perhaps a perfect round Angelou? Lol

ok will post properly later

bye tc xx

hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

sorry to hear about the funeral 😔

you tc wppl bye for now xx

• bosh

Hi again toady 🐸

this Seems to be a haphazard instalment day again 😀

LA cut sandwich into rectangles when granny said it should be triangles

Then he gave her a very patronising and also surprised look like a teacher trying to educate a very stupid student who has just shown one little uncharacteristic spark of intelligence and said “that’s right granny well done” or something along those lines lol

wrong accents in DW that can’t be good lol

once there was a local rock band or some kind of music band anyway inspired by VG called “ The Ear of P*ssion ” - I always thought that was quite hilarious lol if a bit gruesome

ok that’s it for now

bye tc xx

• bosh

Hi again Toni

sorry just writing bits and pieces while I have the energy 😀

LA had his third cheese sandwich breakfast in a row apparently 😂

My dad tried to stop him saying that too much fromage ends up in a bit of a dommage (- type situation) or something like that haha and was on the verge of biting big Babu so I had to shout from upstairs “LA don’t bite your grandfather please “ and he seemed to have obeyed me! Lol, doesn’t happen every time though.

thanks about my appointment, yes doc will let me self inject soon so that’s good, doc was running late I guess , so about an hours wait, also one patient turned up really late because he booked his taxi late as he couldn’t be bothered really well that’s the gist of what he said at reception so I think that must have thrown a bit of a spanner in the works as it were as well, also he then vanished to the cafe and returned with massive bag of crisps which he started eating in waiting area, the nurse then called him so he could be weighed, he then v reluctantly closed and secured his packet of junk food and went with the nurse haha

theres no point pretending no one eats these things but just before being weighed in the middle of a hospital? Oh dear.😂

My back isn’t too bad at all today thanks I went for a nice non - slippery snow - related walk after a long time

Thanks about my mum last night was hypo - free I am so thankful for that

i haven’t been able to talk to her properly about her aches and pains she’s definitely in much better spirits though now that LA is around 😀

i can also see from her movements that pains are a bit better than when they were extremely severe which is something good at least 👍

Yes LA shouts a lot early morning and sort of evening/ nighttime lol

but not throughout the night or anything like that luckily

just the extremely youthful exuberance of the under - fives I guess, still glad and lucky it’s not a permanent arrangement 🍀

bye Tc xx

• bosh

Hi again Toni 🌺and toady 🐸

okay this is probably the last disorganised instalment for now lol

This is a little poem that I cooked up a few days ago now but I wrote it down and I didn’t lose it - so that’s quite miraculous in itself okay of course nothing very high literature about this just could hopefully be amusing 😂

poem for VC called Psoriasis Queen And The Trials of Auntiehood

when my scalp is feeling nice and scaly

I’ll log on to VC almost daily

it doesn’t make my head less itchy

but it def does make my mind less twitchy

and when my nephew lovingly hugs my leg

ill apply “relief toute suite” (rhyming slang for DH) quite gayly

ps LA didnt unknowingly hurt my leg recently that was a long time ago, just thought it need “documenting” lol) xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

nice to hear from you

how are you and Sue doing doing today?

yes it was good that I had my appointment thanks

thanks about mum yes she didn’t have another hypo so was well overnight thanks she seems to be feeling better in general today thanks for asking 👍

im not too bad at all thanks

bye for now tc xx

Ps LA’s possible breakfast option lol xx

• toady

Hi all 😊 am just chucking together some xmas post and parcels and felt I deserve a break, any spare coffee and cheese sandwiches gratefully received. Have put a card in to next door, the awkward side 😬 it was rather brilliantly worded if I say so myself, applying Jeeves' principles of the psychology of the individual - if she makes a face and tosses it aside so be it, at least I'm the bigger person.

Hope everyone is doing ok this evening and especially thinking of frog over at Stoke. What can you say except hope things went as well as possible and I suppose that the weather was as least horrible as it might well have been. Sorry the motorhome has had to 'go in' & I hope you hear soon what's up, you won't know whether to be vindicated or just annoyed if your diagnosis is correct all along. Hope everyone at home is ok too, when does Lucy break up so to speak or has she already. Al Fresco have been & gone I am hoping to close the door firmly on all comers now give or take the odd bit of post. I too hope the skip-filling &c goes into abeyance for a bit but we'll see. All the best til next visit, tea anytime of course ☕️ xx

Hello joan, no more noise since next door I expect they are saving that for Christmas Eve a spot of wallpaper scraping or banging & kitchen dismantling, will keep you posted 😂. Have had my last grocery shop of the year, nothing missing and just a sub of some more expensive sprouts 😄 have you done all you are going to do in that line now. Hope you are both well & the dear dogs :) xx

Hi bosh, really glad to hear you can go ahead with the mxt injections and so hope they make a big difference (also glad they are not a refrigerable med so that you won't have any problems with DV putting them in a funny place shall we say!). Glad your mum seems better too despite having sandwich lectures 😂 so funny, not sure how you all keep a straight face but of course you must because it's LA. Fromage & dommage is fabulous 😂. Not much news from me I did go for a flit to the postbox last night but it was drizzling & no fun 😔 so no skipping around in my fairy robes &c, and no full moon til next year now so I doubt anything too otherwordly will come over me if I go again tonight 😄 I will look out for witches though for sure 👍️. I am so taken with those 2 book/person pictures, aren't they amazing 😍 don't you find some absolutely brilliant stuff! I have looked up the artist, thanks. (I was hoping there might be some postcards/greetings cards but can only find posters). Have a good evening, thanks for the posts and long may we make you less twitchy and may no small children bite you or get you in a vice-like grip (yes they are much much too much work, the littleys!). xx

Love to everyone & anyone passing 😘 xx

• bosh

Thanks toady 🐸

you’re welcome to all the cheese sandwiches on the planet lol

in fact I had to throw a little bit of cheese out as I was in danger of becoming LA 😂

hope you have a good moonlight flit lol

good night toady and everyone Tc xx

• toady

Waves good night back 👋 😊 I made it to the postbox & back, thankfully it was not full to the brim. 1 or 2 will have to go to the other box for an afternoon collection tomorrow, then I can tidy up, never known anyone make so much mess & lose things just getting out a bit of xmas stuff 🙄 hardly like I have dozens to send. Someone sent me a card today with absolutely nothing written in it at all 😂. Back tomorrow, probably things I meant to add or reply to & didn't but will catch up then; have a good night all and really hope you are managing tonight frog & your friend of course 😔 thinking of you xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan I bet you hurt your knee falling hope it's ok today? Thanks for thinking of me yesterday. All went really well I am ready for my own bed now. I am exhausted with it all and need time to grieve myself. Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you doing today? Glad you had your walk now that your back is easier and it's not so slippery too.

Good your Mum seems a bit better just from observation and also that her spirits are lifted having LA there. I thought that would happen.

Oh dear me that's a lot of cheese for one small boy Grandad was right to say something. I am very impressed that you were able to to bring the young man into line with your voice!! Poor Big Baba.

I'm so glad you will be trying the injections because MTX is definitely working for you except for teh nausea which is excessive. Sounds like an eventful clinic apt! People are funny - no I would not eat before being weighed full-stop!

Loe the special toast for small boys your have posted I bet LA would love that. Bless him you will all miss him when he goes 🏡

Morning Toady thanks for your kind thoughts and wishes. All went very well as those things do. Glad all is done and that I can now go home to my own bed today. It's all been far far too much. I am exhausted.

Very very well done to you for writing the card for next door I hope it helps a lot.

Lucy breaks up on Friday she has enjoyed her first term very much but i think is very tired.

Hope to be back later going to get on for now though. paperwork to do today for insurance company here then home for my own Ocado order.

Motorhome was not even looked at yesterday paul was fuming.....

Take care everyone

• bosh

Good morning cafe - dwellers xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you have a good day today take care. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I wonder if you will have a card back from your neighbour. Have a good day. Did you have a good night. No banging thank you for thinking about the dogs.

Barbara (()) I hope everyone is alright love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) you need a good rest now to think about your thoughts (()) love to your friend (()) Is Paul still feeling alright (()) have a good day. Love to Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good you can do your injections is it once a week. Love to your mum (()) that’s good your mum (()) is feeling better. Have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today?

I’m glad that the funeral went as well as could be expected 😔

had a good day today so far I went to the group and then I walked a bit on the way back nice weather for walking at least over here cold but not bitterly cold Crisp and nice at least I found it so 👍

how was your walk today?

I agree it must take a great degree of complacency to eat junk food just before being weighed lol

LA actually departed yesterday my parents took him home to Maidenhead about four pm I didn’t go this time because I didn’t really need another backache plus I was already tired

He wanted to stay here bless him because he said a very big and naughty lie he said “ mummy and daddy don’t treat me well” we found out that that basically means that mummy and daddy don’t let him eat cheese sandwiches for breakfast lol

oh dear me what a funny boy 😂

That’s all I’m writing at the moment Toni because somebody has left an outside door open so it’s freezing again, I don’t want to write too much without the iPad stand as I get enough neck pain at the best of times will attempt a proper instalment later on hope you’re doing okay today? bye and take care

Sorry forgot to mention RR is back - being strange but not alarmingly so, so that’s a good sign xx

• bosh

hi toady 🐸

how are you today?

I’m glad you got some Christmas wrapping etc done

Good idea sending the card to the neighbour and trying to be the bigger person👍

not easy is it really? trying to be kind of “zen” about things?

I agree though that it really is the best approach in the end take LLF -

I got quite upset that when I had a bad night and couldn’t sleep she didn’t seem to want to understand that that could have mental health implications for me I also used to get very scared of her , if she were “normal” let’s say “considerate” that’s the better word I would’ve just texted her when I felt up to it saying “sorry about that not feeling great couldn’t take your call” but prob is she can be quite verbally aggressive at times and if she’s right she’s right so now I’m just doing nothing if she wants to contact me she can if not I’ll send a few cats to her garden lol 😂not really worth worrying about 😀

thanks about self injecting I’m glad about it too 👍

kids are lovely but hard work I agree to be honest I think one problem is that LA is a bit more of a handful than some others because he has become extremely naughty and he’s also so active I know kids have a lot of energy in general but he’s like a constant Duracell bunny lol also v bright which can be another problem as you can’t fob him off with half- baked explanations and excuses he seems to know everything an all - knowing cheeky monkey no doubt🙊

I had a Good day thanks went to the group and walked a bit more than usual on way back 👍

RR is well again 👍

glad you like the art I just was browsing on Pinterest that - I may spend too much time doing that to be honest lol but it can be quite interesting 😀

you can eat as much dairy as you want whether it’s lattes or cheese sandwiches or any other form of fattening food or drink no problem there haha

Thanks about the poem 🙏- or have I said that already?

hope your day is going not too bad so far?

take care bye for now xx