Fibromyalgia & osteoarthritis

Carole18
Carole18 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone

I've just joined this community as I'm desperate to keep up-to-date with all the latest research into my health conditions. I feel especially let down by my GP who is at best disinterested and at worst dismissive about fibromyalgia.

Comments

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460

Hi @Carole18

welcome to the online community. It's always a great idea to be and expert in our own conditions as GP's are general practitioners and can't know everything. The more you are able to understand and share with them hopefull they will engage with you better. If your GP is really unhelpful maybe you can see another GP in the practice.

There is quite a lot going on in Fibromyalgia so here is a link to the highlights

I also did a general seach so here is a list of topics for the specifically related to research

I am also sure you will gain strength and support from speaking to other members on here who will be able to share their experiences with you. Ask as many questions as you like, we and the community are here to support you in feeling more supported and confident

Best Wishes

Sharon

• Kaz1971
    Kaz1971 Member Posts: 5

I too have OA and fibromyalgia - I find getting support from a GP in particular can be very difficult. There are people who have a good GP but a lot of people don't. There are so many - especially the old school type who don't believe in Fibromyalgia - which to those of us who have it - is not very helpful! My Fibromyalgia was only diagnosed after 6 MRI scans when they pretty much ruled out me having MS. I do hope you get as much support as possible x