i hope LA has left you a biscuit 😱

bfn xx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 3,950

Hi again Toni 🌺

sorry for my partial silence

its not really been the best of days

frost is too bad here to even go outside at the moment

yesterday I had some acute stomach pain it was the iron tablets this time, not mxt, I really don’t know when this weather will end

Wednesday is of course group day for me, though of course I’ll put my own safety first and not go if the ice Queen (or is that QJL? 😂)

has been gracing the streets with her presence 🥶

im not having iron tablets daily at the moment may poss do it alternate days or something

need to think about it

I don’t like upsetting films either

BR saw the GP too, I’m not exactly sure what she said I tried to ask about but mums in a terrible mood 🤷‍♀️

I think the gist of it is that it’s not that serious anymore, his temp isn’t high any more and one of the docs gave a skin cream, whether mild steroid or something else I’m not sure yet

mum has many reasons to be in a terrible mood I understand like dad’s constant irresponsible and stubborn behaviour, he will sometimes go out for walks during the colder parts of the days without wearing warm clothing or even the right shoes, the list of things he does like this is almost endless

thanks about the radiator comment👍

but the problem is that downstairs there’s no good place to “iPad” as it were or write things down and sometimes my mum likes me to be downstairs as she worries I might feel depressed in my room upstairs alone

the only good place is in close proximity to the radiator so toady is right, I can’t sit there for too long otherwise I feel myself turning into a toasted sandwich ( with or without cheese lol)

mum is feeling well though as far as I can gather thanks

house is smelling quite atrocious at the moment, lamb or something like that.

ok Toni bye for now tc xx

ps belated year of the rabbit related pic xx

• bosh

Hi again toady 🐸

hows your evening going?

the polar bear jumper is actually light pink and white but as warm as a polar bear’s fur, well almost yes it’s a good one for v cold temps👍

It’s from a company whose name may often follow Henley and rhymes with “Bill’s getting fatter” lol

yes interesting what you were saying earlier about unethical restaurants etc

i don’t think my budget could extend to such high end dining anyway tbh lol

as for bill I think his stomach is controlling him, more a question of greed rather than having inconsiderate intent 😀

I hope it’s slightly warmer for you now? This weather’s v depressing isn’t it? I Haven’t been out of the house for a while I’ll possibly go out tomorrow depending on what ice Queen had for breakfast lol

bye good night Tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    edited 23. Jan 2023, 22:47

Hello all :) it's a quick evening visit from me as having put off doing a grocery shop I had to concede that really I should have done it for tomorrow not Weds, so I am currently chucking it together 😬 & then I really must get off a bit earlier than last night.

Love to frog 😘 here is another one who would not be watching The Killing Fields, oh no. Rather a dilemma in the same way that you have been visiting & contemplating upsetting issues like the Khmer Rouge because you can't turn a blind eye but if you can't cope with these things what do you do (sticks head in sand sculpture!) 🤔 hope today has been a good mixture of things and we will all want to hear about your spring rolls. Lovely to see Sleek who looks a little suspicious as to what someone wants and why they have interrupted her to take pictures, possibly calculating her photographic rights.. 'don't think this counts as creative commons, you know, I want payment in Dreamies' 😸. You are totally making it up that it is Charley and Annie's anniversary btw 😱, I have literally just looked at the wedding pictures. Good grief. Happy Anniversary to them for tomorrow!💕. Hope all are well at home and will nip in tomorrow hopefully with fresh biccie supplies. I wouldn't say I was warm exactly but I am fine thanks :) 👍️ xx

Hello joan, bit of a ramshackle day here I was doing a bit to everything and finishing nothing 😬. But yes there was sun so you could see what you were doing and the worst of the cold should really be coming to an end soon fingers crossed. Next door were having a smart meter fitted today, good luck to them the firm has a really bad reputation. 🤨 I didn't know about the blackbird's extra under-feathers til I looked it up, there is always something you didn't know before, I read the other day that some birds will roost together in very cold weather even if usually very territorial, the record number of wrens roosting in the same nest box is 63!! Have a good day :) xx

Hi bosh thanks for the news & chat 😊 sorry I have organized myself badly & not been in before. I love the colourful mug chairs, there's no reason you couldn't have something like that in your home is there 🤔 but I wouldn't have the nerve I don't think 😄. I love sand gorilla too he's fabulous. How clever. I like the little year of the rabbit pic it was a nice g**gle doodle too yesterday and I still didn't remember to mention it. Hope things going ok with baby BR, btw I didn't phrase my post very well but I know you know I just meant I was glad it wasn't a scarier rash than eczema, obviously not that I was glad it was that. I do think the weather is going to turn soon so there is hope for us that it will warm up, hang on! 🌞 in the meantime the jumper sounds nice though, I have unravelled the code name 😂 don't think I have anything of theirs now but I did once have a fleece from them. Have a good night will be in tomorrow and at least I will have my own biccies by then, even if LA has scoffed all else 👍️ :) tc xx BTW hope the horrid iron-related pain eases.

Have a good night all xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 23. Jan 2023, 23:45

Morning from.Vietnam.

Joan I would love it if my little pusskin was here bless her. Tia sent me the photo. Hope you and Sue are OK? ((())) xxx

I am si sorry that the iron tablets are upsetting upur poor stomach Reshmi but it sounds as though ypir body still needs them. May e every other day will be enough🤞

Good news about BR getting so much better.

Is it Wednesday? If so I hope it's warm enough to go. Keep away from QJL!

Here it might be too warm.

It's a gorgeous start to the day but will be very very hot here.

I am drinking my one cup of coffee with soya milk.

You'll be glad to know I dodged the film. Don't need to be upset.

I know Toady! A year!! A whole year. When did that happen? I'm quite sad not to be there but all being well my card is there on time.

Sleek would indeed have been after payment for the photo in 😋 sweets! That's what she calls cat treats!

I do miss her.

Yes I do need to be aware of what has happened over here but it was just dreadful. Tomorrow we will see the tunnels that the Vietnamese used to protect themselves from the Americans.

Such a tremendous experience I feel very lucky.

I hope you are OK? All wildlife accounted for?

Love to everyone 💕

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope everything is okay there. Have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val ((()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) what is it they say you are at sixes and seven’s. The weather man is still saying snow but I think Scotland not us. Have a good day don’t burn the candle at both ends. Interesting about birds.

Barbara (()) I hope all is well there (()) have a good day. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) when you are ready to go home try not to leave your phone behind (()) can you bring a bit of warmth back for all of us please. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) those cup seats looked good. Sue took those iron tablets every other day for a week and then she stopped them it took over three weeks to stop the runs after she stopped the tablets. That’s good little boy is getting better (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) I expect the Diabetes makes your mum tired.

Keef I hope everything is alright there have a good day (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 24. Jan 2023, 11:59

hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

thanks about the pic

thanks for the info about iron tablets that’s very interesting and helpful to know 👍

I think I’ll try taking them alternate days but less often if I’m going somewhere like the group or if the stomach pain is too much

Thanks about BR and mum 🙏

yes I think you’re right about mum and also I guess people deal with stress ( of BR getting sick etc) in diff ways.

bye for now tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today?

Sorry to hear that it’s hot 🥵

we all have different problems but the discomfort is the same lol

thanks about BR 🙏

my stomach is ok atm but I need to be careful today

wppl

bye tc xx

• bosh
    edited 24. Jan 2023, 16:40

Hi again Toni 🌺

no it’s not Wednesday I was just thinking about Wednesday

stir fries sound nice

I can’t really eat beansprouts though, they disagree with me, are you ok with those?

Good you managed to avoid the film

lovely photo

did you go swimming in the pool on you boat?

or maybe it was a bit dangerous from covid perspective?

i must admit I lost control and had some popcorn as there’s not much food in the house

at least it wasn’t cheese in sandwich form or otherwise

my stomach is feeling quite a bit better

but the prob is how it feels in the night

anyway the worst that can happen is it gets a bit unsettled again and I miss group

slightly warmer here today but still too much frost to walk really.

dad has gone to MH to help sis look after BR while she’s working from home they were playing with the Peppa Pig toys lol

so dad’s helping someone else for once, good (long may it last)

bye for now Toni and good night Tc xx

• bosh

Hi toady 🐸

How are you today?

yes I think you’re right weather seems to be on the turn definitely feels warmer inside today where I am at least and tomorrow I’m hoping that the frost will disappear or at least to be a very negligible amount for us that will allow me to go to the group 👍

How have the Temperatures been for you today? slightly warmer as well maybe?

Don’t worry I know what you meant about the rash, as in lucky it’s not meningitis or something like that indeed👍

got some very annoying junk mail through the letterbox saying that the local pizza shop is selling pizzas half price I almost replied back to them taking fountain pen to posh (well semi - posh) paper and saying “please read redirect this unwanted correspondence to Bill The saturated fats expert of the family, regards, universal auntie Mima, I did not call myself goddess I didn’t want to blow my own trumpet as it were, the less people are aware of my Goddess status the better lol

thanks about The iron tablet issue

that’s interesting about the Google doodle

yes giant cups of tea type furniture good in theory but I can imagine my dad‘s reaction

“what’s going on here bosh? Are you a cheese slice short of a sandwich? Don’t you know my back is aching?”

No one else’s back can ache of course but I won’t go into full rant mode.

thats interesting that you once had a fleece from the same place👍

No need to Apologise about anything

Last I heard LLF was eating out again and not locally this time, tbh she eats out a lot for a person who says that money is really tight, I know it’s not because she buys a lot of expensive stuff all the time nice house and all the rest of it, which is ok but why pretend about it? what kind of point is she trying to prove? the café we used to go to is fairly cheap but she goes to a lot of posh places and says “yes I can’t afford this I’m living on the breadline” and so on, people like that really irritate me to be honest.

Dad is playing peppa pig games with BR today in MH lol

well at least he’s helping someone makes a change 🙄

It’s National compliment day apparently, so I thought I’d practise,

“o hairdresser thank you for your nagging ways,

I relish these appointments it’s true,

I don’t just come here because it’s very near my home,

but don’t go out at midnight because then conditioner bottles sprout legs and do eerily roam😂’

ok that wasn’t quite Poe was it?

but at least it was something 😂

Bye for now toady Tc xx

ps another sand sculpture xx

• toady

Hi all - me, at a sensible time 😀😄 had to hang around a bit for the grocery delivery van but I'm very glad I didn't opt for the later slot, that would have been even less fun.

Lovely to hear frog's news and travels, gracious that picture 😍🤩 stunning! you forget sun let alone sunrises here in gloomsville 😄 except of course there probably are some decent ones if you get up to see them, that's my lookout if I don't. Shopping all in and a few chores ticked off but I'm calling that a day, still v cold almost misty with it 😕. Cold frame all squared up and reinforcing corners on but will be a slight pause now as I decided to buy it some better hinges, so will have to Wait for those 😉 expect I'll cope. Hope you are having/have had a lovely day and I'm sure Annie and Charley have texted or waved at you over the magic internet or something. Wildlife all ok here as far as I know have not seen mousies for a couple of days but really I would imagine they are hunkering down in this, it is meant to warm up drastically tomorrow, I say drastically, c10 degrees 😂 then dip again a bit and settle at 9 for a few days but at least up to 3 or 4 at night, anything will be a mercy at the moment. Then rain no doubt as you say but will have to prod roofman soon anyway, have not felt equal to it straight after xmas. Have a good night hope you & Paul are fine :) xx

Hello joan, yes sixes and sevens yesterday, but I am less at odds with myself today 😊 and a quiet week ahead I hope. May get some decorating done. Should be a little warmer Weds not much sun I doubt but warmer will do. I was trying to do a little online shopping I looked into de*enh*ms I thought they had gone downhill 😔 the trouble with the 'good old' stores now is that a large % of what they sell is other brands so you see the same stuff everywhere. Have a good evening yourselves :) xx

Hi to bosh who is probably around somewhere so must check before posting 😉 glad to hear DV is helping out with sis & EF and therefore giving you a break at the same time. Yes the cups would not go down well at HV I can see that, mind you I couldn't sit comfortably on them for that matter - I was really glad to get rid of the grocery person because I can't settle to sit down while I'm waiting for anyone so just keep pacing about the place like a wandering conditioner bottle doomed to roam the earth forever 😂 . Very glad to get into a comfortable position again after. At least I have supplies in now & they are even ones I can afford unlike LLF 🤨 yes rather odd to go to posh places and complain about your budget too, is it a fashionable pose I don't know about, like starving poets in garrets 🤔 but to me it would just make someone look a bit silly/irritate me as per yourself. As for half price pizza, well I'm sure that's what we all need in the face of austerity & an obesity crisis 🙄 hate junk mail, especially local mailshots where they either want to buy your house/pave your drive/cut your trees down etc. Ugh. Well no-on will get rich on the takeaway pizzas I've ever bought ie 0 haha. Have a good evening and hope you do get a better settled night and can go to the group if all's well, will try & send some sun your way 🌞 :) xx

Bfn all 😘 xx

• bosh

Thanks toady have a good night bye tc xx

ps owl chess piece♟ Xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

I’ll say good morning- uk time - in advance as running low on charge and not sure how much time there’ll be tomorrow morning xx

bye tc xx

• frogmorton

Oh yes Reshmi! That was last night that pic!

Supposed to dress up everyone was saying they wouldn't but then they looked immaculate !

Good to see the back of your Dad for I bit I expect 😀 and your sister probably needs the help. BR must be on the mend to be playing Peppa Pig that's really 👍

Night isn't nice if your stomach hurts at all.

Is it Wednesday today? If so enjoy the group today.

How is your Mum doing in her new insulin dose? Is it suiting her better?

Have a good day 💜

Morning Joan how are you and Sue? I will pop some heat into the suitcase for you😊 xx

Morning Toady it looked foggy on pur ring doorbell yesterday.

Not so here in Viet nam. Yes separate words according to the locals.

We have a mad Vietnamese guide here very 😁 😂

Well done getting your shipping finished and the cold frame even if you are going to need to Improve it somewhat.

It really is lovely here.

Have you ever tried these peppers?

🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

I am sure all wildlife ard hunkering down best thing for them. I've seen lots of lizards here that's it and some dogs. The cats tails are all deformed. Something to to with the Americans attacking with chemicals I think...

Take care

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you are has well has you can be. Have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) that’s good your cold frame has arrived I’m sure you will soon fill it. Do you feed the mousies are they fussy eaters. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) Is it too cold for you it will be nice when it’s a bit warmer. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Have a good journey back. It was nice for Paul to see somewhere he’s wanted to go i hope he enjoyed it. Have a good day. Thank you for bringing some heat back. Love to Paul (()) and Charley ((()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day at your club (()) you are doing so well. How is your mum today (()) I hope she has a good day (())

Keef (()) love to everyone have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni toady Joan and everyone xx

how are you all?

change of plan weather too ooky to go out again!

wppl xx

• bosh
    edited 25. Jan 2023, 15:57

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

you are brave eating all those hot peppers 🫑

has the spicy food upset your stomach?

my day was a bit topsy turvy really

too much frost for group so had a sleep and early lunch, I really needed to sleep, was so tired

then had some coconut water and went on a walk but DV erupted when I got back so couldn’t sit down downstairs even though my leg was aching ( normal temporary exercise related pain no need to worry)

im a bit tired now

so I’ll leave it for now

id be careful with peppers if I were you

glad you’re enjoying the hol

bfn Tc xx

• bosh

Hi toady 🐸

how are you?

I was watching a sitcom about a man eating pasta lol

got too hungry had to switch it off

not ignoring you just tired

bfn xx

Ps is this Toni’s comment for chilli peppers’ chef? Lol tc xx

• bosh
    edited 25. Jan 2023, 18:46

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue today?

thanks I didn’t go to the group today due to too much frost

but I did walk later on

mum has a bit of a cold but is otherwise ok I think

Hope you both are having a nice evening

bye Tc xx

• toady

Hi all 👋 well if this was a better/warmer/nicer day I can't say I noticed 😕 rather disappointing all round.

Hello frog, glad to hear you can keep an eye on your own foggy driveway from far away, amazing isn't it, I always think of my grandparents' era whose children emigrated and that was it, a photo or a letter was all you were going to see of them unless they came back & visited. What a change. Hope all's well with you I am grumpy frankly 😂 so excuse me if I sit in the corner looking unimpressed with life. Just waiting to book in a nosegay parcel, according to them RM is down for maintenance til 8pm and I can't access them.. it's gone that now and RM own site is fine, but who wants to book in there and fill in every detail when in nosegay it's one click 🙄 gah. Oh well customer is in Australia if it's a bit late going I doubt it will make worlds of difference. Hope you have had a lovely day, no I have never tried those fiery peppers nor any others, not for a long time - used to be able to tolerate ordinary red/yellow ones in stuff ie tinned soup but not nowadays, you're on your own there 😂. See you tomorrow when I'm in a more sunny disposition I hope 😊 xx

Hello joan, the mice get the same food as the birds (I have to watch the birds don't all get there first), they have some favourites I think but as fas as I remember mice will eat really pretty much anything! Still cold for them in the garden this morning but any water wasn't frozen overnight so it must have been a bit warmer, not that it was very noticeable. 🙄 Shan't be late to bed, have a good day tomorrow :) xx

Hi bosh, bit tired myself too, night was not the best and the day is fairly ooky, don't blame you for skipping group & not going out in it. I had a little late walk yesterday just to check I remember how to 😂 not very nice, there was a fine mist type in the air that you didn't really notice but my furry collar was quite damp with it when I came in. Shan't bother this evening I am going to go back & try nosegay again to sort my postage out & if it's not up & running will call it a day 😴. Have been listening to Dr Faustus at bedtime maybe not the most suitable 😬 it just happened to come up on a site of audiobooks, quite difficult though isn't it the language etc and this is probably quite abridged. Sorry your day was a bit 'infernal' too what with one thing & another, hope your mum's cold is not much of one & clears up quickly. Have a good night :) xx btw I don't know about Toni's chef but there's no shortage of people that comment could apply to 😂.

Hope Kitty and Barbara are both well 😘 xx

and anyone not currently here 👋 xx

• bosh
    edited 25. Jan 2023, 21:35

Hi toady 🐸

sorry you had a bad day

mine was also not so good, I did go out for a walk around 2 pm but not for that long, but that was powered by coconut water fruit and blasting myself with the fan to wake me up lol, so everything was done in wrong order and left me feeling grumpy

i did briefly visit Cost A Packet or whatever it’s called lol 😂

just for a tiny change of atmosphere i occupied the last free table, so that was a small bit of luck there 🍀

had half a tea in cafe - sauna atmosphere and then walked straight home

yes regarding Dr F and so on you def have to be in the mood for it

looked online for relevant images of Mephistopheles but it got a bit too macabre so

here’s an artist’s rendition of a cheerful Mephistopheles or something like that

have a good night toady Tc xx

• frogmorton

Morning Everyone

Joan we aren't home yet it will be Sunday before we're home. Today we leave the boat and travel to our hotel in Saigon. Amazing experience. Paul has been very happy. ((())) xxx

Oh dear Reshmi 😕 too cold for group. Ypu must have missed the change of company.

Well done going for your walk though.DV erupted again 🙄 poor you just when you needed a rest too. Grrrr.....coconut water - lovely 😍 and a good sleep if you needed it will do you good.

Yes the pepper 🌶 was pretty bad fur my stomach bit I have brought supplies to help and also drinking ginger tea here. A bit worried about a coach trip to the hotel this morning though.

Last night was good we had some traditional Vietnamese folk musicians here on board.

Everyone here had a special dessert baked Alaska - except me it not being vegan. I think my stomach will be happy when we get home to plain food!

Do I take it BR is much better? Your Dad not babysitting? I fo hope so.

Oh poor Toady

I hate feeling out of sorts😕 I hope today you feel much much better. If things worked as they should ot would help!!! Grrrr😡

I agree one more day won't make much difference to Oz.

My stomach isn't at all happy and we have a long coach trip to the hotel today.

Leaving the boat today. I am happy to go apart from the coach trip when my stomach is iffy😖😳😖

Hopefully see you all in Saigon!

Folk musicians arriving at the boat!

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you have a good day today. Thinking about you (()) love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady. (()) I’m sorry you have a problem with Royal Mail everyone seems to be going on strike. Have a good day (()) I expect the birds and mousies are pleased to have anything to eat.

Barbara (()) I hope it’s a bit warmer for you. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (()

Toni Thank you for the photo you don’t know how the rest of the world lives unless you go there and see. That’s good Paul enjoyed it (()) sorry about your tummy I hope it calms down (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (())

Reshmi (()) sorry your mum’s got a cold (()) you did well going for a little walk.

Keef (()) thinking of you i hope all is well there.

take care
    joan xx