Val's Cafe

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 3,949

Hi toady 🐸

how are you doing today?

going back to an old post of yours, LLF is def not a starving artist in a garret lol 😂

I went for a walk at a normal time today 😀

im aiming to do instalments today

bit tired atm tho

bfn Tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you doing today?

folk musicians that sounds nice 👍

hope coach trip isn’t too bumpy

bit tired

bfn Tc xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

Thanks about the walk

Thanks about mum, yes a shame about her cold

but I think she’s slightly better now xx

• bosh

Hi Toni and toady little poem 😀

Poem for VC called Mealtime with LA the T - Rex 

LA wanted the biggest biccie he could find, 

No analytical cookie would sooth his young mind

And the sandwich must have a dairy filling

He demands creamy hot choc - he said soya won’t get top billing! 

I said LA be a good chap and eat your veggies please 

He said, “ok but only if I can have jelly baby - gravy just to put my mind at ease”.

I almost cried with relief as LA’s diet restriction

It’s not really something over which auntie goddess Mima has jurisdiction 

Gtg have a shower will try to post again later xx

• bosh
    edited 26. Jan 2023, 16:38

Hi Toni 🌺

im glad you brought some supplies to help your stomach 👍

my mum likes ginger tea too, so does bill come to think of it but he adds a lot of sugar to it

he does make it from scratch though so that’s one thing he does in the kitchen and the v occasional omelette of course lol

my mum told him about coconut water so he has that too sometimes but he adds all sorts of junk to it, I can’t remember all the details now, I know he adds sugar and possibly chocolate and cream lol, that must taste terrible.

ill go for now tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096

Hi all.. slightly less grumpy today 😉 but it has still been a bit half-hearted enthusiasm-wise, brighter but didn't seem to help much.

I have been willing frog on to be ok on the coach trip, past tense by now but last night & as I have gone through the day 🤞really hope it was alright, they are not my favourite things at the best of times. Will there be any more involved now 😬 or is that it. Anyway you should be long since in Saigon and look forward to hearing your news, it's good to hear how much Paul has been happy 👍️ it would have been such a shame to miss it. Things are quiet with me I have finished with one lot of ebay and have an auction finishing soon, a silly question to answer (why do people who make you offers say they are serious buyers and have the money right here, well you would hope so wouldn't you 😂). Anyway my evening will then just be a matter of put the bin out and get to bed early, go on you wish you were here don't you 😄. Spotted at least one mousie today so they are around, will carry out a better longer observation tomorrow if it's not too cold. Love to all :) xx

Hello joan, I have sorted my post now and at least it meant I did not have to get up this morning for postie to collect, so silver linings and all that 😂. Yes the birds and mousies make short work of what gets put out, there is not much around for them otherwise, can't even look for worms when the ground is frozen. They get cheese and sultanas and suet, any biscuit or cake crumbs going, or fruit, and oats and actual bird seed mix. I know pigeons will eat greens cabbage etc that you grow because gardeners have to try & keep them off, but not sure if they would like shopbought ones put out for them or it's not the same as helping yourself 🤔 I will try them with some one day. Have a good day tomorrow, Thursday already 😬 xx

Hi bosh I love the poem 😀 not really something over which you have jurisdiction, what a relief indeed!! Jelly-baby gravy 😂. And of course I love Frog & Toad with the cookies, I don't think 'we must stop' is something LA would be overheard saying very often 🍪😂. I hope your day was not too topsy turvy today I know exactly what you meant about yesterday, doing things in the wrong order etc. But you still did really well to go out for tea and a change 👍️ (and a walk today too), do they do the scheme where you have a card stamped and get your x drink free or don't you bother with that sort of thing. I used to have one for the other place but I just wasn't there often enough, I passed over my card once and they said sorry we've gone onto another ink colour now or something 😳. I suppose there's an app for that now come to think of it. I made it to the end of the audiobook tbh my impression coming away from that was Faustus didn't really enough out of the pact if you ask me to make it worth doing 🤔 but I suppose riches & knowledge & playing tricks on people if you're invisible just aren't my thing 😂. Have a good day tomorrow :) xx

Love to all and have a good night 😘 xx

• bosh

Hi toady

glad your day was a little bit better anyway

no don’t have a loyalty card there is an app but I haven’t bothered with it so far lol

getting a bit tired and cold so I’ll retire for the night and answer properly tomorrow

thanks about the poem

good night toady Tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Morning!

That's the view from the window of our room at the hotel.

We are in Saigon now Joan also known as Ho Ch Minh City. Yesterday we went to the museum set up to remember the Vietnam War. When the Americans kicked so many people. I had to leave ot was so upsetting. Spraying ordinary people with chemicals and worse.

They are such a nice race too. So welcoming. ((())) xxxx

Morning Reshmi. Stomach settled with the aid of medication thank you.

Managed to have some fresh coconut yo drink yesterday too with was just lovely 😍

Bil adds stuff to his? That's very odd o make ginger tea with fresh root too if I have some in for cooking. It's lovely. No sugar for me thanks BIL!

Love the poem about LA and his eating habits! Perfectly sums him up😄

One day when he's an adult you'll both laugh about his escapades!

My back is not happy with this hotel bed at all. Well ot could be that or that I fell down 3 steps yesterday maybe I pulled my back too.

How are you doing today? Is BR fully recovered?

Today apparently we might see 3 spits of rain!!

Morning Toady thank you for thinking of me my belly survived the coach trip👍 It included a City tour around Saigon too so very tiring. The museum showing the American atrocities in the Vietnam War. Very harrowing.

The hotel is fabulous 👌 I even had a tofu burger last night so ate well. My back didn't like the bed though.

It was lovely just to be me and Paul here on the boat you can't get away from other people even if they are all nice.

Will see them today when we visit the Viet Kong tunnels.

Paul has been so very happy. So it's been worth it.

I am ready to come home now though shhhhh don't t tell him.

Erm I thought all ebay bidders have to have the money ready😄

Takes all sorts!

I'm so glad you saw a 🐁 and presume Mrs B is doing well?

Glad you felt more yourself.

Off to Try out the breakfast when Paul is dressed.

Have a good day everyone

New year tree literally before I tripped down 3 steps!

• bosh

Hi everyone xx

wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good weekend. I hope everything is has well has it can be with you. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) If I wanted to buy something off EBay I would have the money ready if you have not got the money you can’t really want to buy it can you. It’s good the birds and mousies get on together. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) I hope all is well there (()) have a good weekend I’ve to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni ((()) I’m sorry you fell down the steps they keep getting in your way. That will be a memory of Cambodia. Lovely photo thank you. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Reshmi (()) How are you feeling today (()) we like coconut water. Is your mum feeling a bit better (()) have a good weekend.

Keef (()) I hope you are alright there. Have a good weekend.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 27. Jan 2023, 12:51

Hi Joan

thats good about the coconut water 💦

im not bad at all today thanks so far went for an earlier walk which made me feel better 👍

Mums more or less ok Health-wise today thanks 🙏

but dad is bullying her a lot about various things sad to see but LA is coming in about 3 weeks so that’s good for us 👍

i hope you’re both having a nice afternoon bye tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you feeling today?

sorry you had another fall 😔

that floor in the pic looks v slippery

that’s a shame about hotel bed

BR has fully recovered thanks 🙏

he’s going to a new nursery soon

not sure why

could be partly as he seems to be v allergic to sweet potato which current place isn’t taking seriously

anyway he had a settling in session yesterday for an hour and did the dinosaur dance with a lot of enthusiasm bless 😂

thanks about poem

im feeling better today thanks as I managed to walk a bit earlier than normal

LA is coming here on “holiday” in about 3 weeks- Toni hide the biscuits!!

glad about your stomach

id better go for now

I hope you feel better soon

bye Toni Tc xx

• bosh

Hi toady 🐸

how are you today?

today hasn’t been topsy turvy for me at least not so far

in fact I somehow managed to walk a bit earlier than normal which as good thanks 🙏

House is a sauna atm but if it keeps mum happy 🤷‍♀️

yes I’m not particularly power - hungry either lol

dad is being extremely irritating and evil these days and bullying mum unfortunately

just got a few things to do before cleaners come

bye for now xx

ps the logic of Wednesday Addams lol xx

• toady
    edited 27. Jan 2023, 23:00

Hi all, just a quick wave as I have had a bit of a long internet day what with one thing & another, am fine but ought to log off.. I really must.. in a minute.. I will, honest 😉..

So it's goodnight to all and good morning to frog, (not sure how you know what day it is, I don't even! it felt like Sunday to me all day.. even after the bins and the post I still caught myself thinking what are schoolchildren doing going by🤔😂).

Love to everyone hope to be in earlier tomorrow, take care all 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Morning!

Today is our last day😊

I am looking forward to seeing my Sleekipuss and my own bed.

Joan these steps are designed to catch me out I'm sure of it!! I Hooe you and Sue are OK. A long journey home overnight we gain 7 hours hope to be home Sunday morning. ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi. Well done walking early 👏

My back slightly happier this morning than yesterday but really I need to be home now.

Leaving here at 4.30pm. Short flight to Bangkok then 3 hours there before 11 hour flight home. We do gain 7 hours on the way back so arrive home Sunday am.

BR has a new nursery? Well I'm sure your sister has very good reason it may well be his allergy.

LA visiting always lifts all your spirits and keeps Big Baba in order too. Added bonus we might get some funny stories😊🤞

Toady is it Sunday already?! Wish it was I want to be at home now.

I do that some days just feel wrong and more like another day don't they?!

I know 2 weeks worth of washing won't be fun but it's all summer stuff so mo rush at all.

And my own wonderful pusskin and my own wonderful bed😊😊😊😊

See you all on the other side!!

• Lisbeth
    Lisbeth Member Posts: 46

Hi all, can I please get a cuppa and a hobnob?

• bosh

Morning everyone xx

morning @Lisbeth xx

wppl

• Lisbeth
    Lisbeth Member Posts: 46

Good morning @bosh

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) How are you. I hope things are going has well has they can for you. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your dad (())

Toady (()) Yes I’ve had that not knowing what day it is on a Saturday wondering why our neighbour has not gone to work. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) how are you and Mr B (()) have a good day. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I bet that journey will seem so long (()). Have you got any pain from your fall (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day. Love to your mum (()) I expect your mum is used to your dad’s ways.

Keef (()) have a good day all of you.

Hello Lisbeth (()) nice to meet you.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 28. Jan 2023, 14:49

Hi @Lisbeth

how are you this afternoon?

im happy to provide tea 🍵

but my nephews eaten all the biccies lol

so toady has hobnobs and Toni has digestives lol

bye Tc x

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

what a nice picture 👍

glad you’re coming back soon to the comfort of your own home and mattress 😀

I’m a bit sluggish today I don’t really know why

might just be the effect of the stressful atmosphere and ongoing tension in this house

im not really going into any details now as back is aching as dad left kitchen window open then disappeared 😡

i had to close it myself and it’s quite difficult even with reacher grabber

neighbours’ little boys are playing on their roof😱

well at least it’s not LA this time

bye Toni Tc poss more later on xx

• bosh

👋toady

good afternoon toady

how are you today? Xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

im not too bad thanks just a bit tired

yes I know what you mean but dad is becoming worse these days also EF have suddenly decided to visit tomorrow so that’s another source of arguments and stress

she had a bit of stomachache she said it’s a bit better now but not fully thanks

hope you both have a good afternoon

bye tc xx

• toady

Hello all 😊 have dispatched all my responsibilities for the day and any packing & posting (postie was here collected at half 8 this morning but I was not to be caught out again, I got my parcels out at the crack of dawn this time 😂). Does it feel like Saturday? 🤔 Hmm, maybe yes maybe no.

Frog you will not be off for a while yet if I'm working it out properly, and as for the 'back before you left' time thing, not even going to start working that one out 😱. Hope it all goes smoothly and you have a memorable last night 😊 lovely picture, I like your top 👕 and v nice work with the hairstyling there 😀. Do be careful on any & all remaining stairs you encounter, I hope you meant you did that sort of fall/jolt down the steps but save yourself & stay more or less upright, otherwise your poor spine/coccyx 😖. Yes you will be very happy to see dear Sleek and definitely your own bed, I hope you get to stay in it for a jolly good rest. Washing & housework, pfft. I have hinged the cold frame 😀 even if (yes, I am going to make the obvious joke) it almost unhinged me, will not go down on my list of fun things, too unwieldy on your own. But the great outdoors now beckons it 👍️ if we get a half decent day. The ebay customer decided they would pay full asking price once it came to it, or (given they have a W London postcode) scraped it together, poor soul 🙄😂, so that was part of my too many jobs day yesterday. Nothing else to do today and it's quite chilly so I'm not sorry. See you in due course 😊👋 xx

Hello joan, I was just saying to Toni that the ebay person paid for their item after I turned their offer down, were obviously not short of a bob! but some people make a thing of never paying full price if they can avoid it. Fair enough I suppose but the price difference will mean more to me than them it would probably be the price of a posh coffee or something. Hoping it will feel like Sunday tomorrow so I can start off the week with the days in the right order 😂. Have a good day yourselves :) xx

Hi bosh 👋 thanks for making the tea I am never awake enough at the sort of time Lisbeth called in, I would be slopping it over the counter 😂 plenty of hobnobs though and some gingerbread choc digestives left over from xmas. Talking of drinks yes some apps/loyalty cards are hardly worth the bother, I have the one for what bees gather, but it just takes forever for a tiny voucher back & by then you shudder at what you've spent to get it 😱. I am trying to do some online shopping today & everything I want today is out of stock, or wrong size, or has a minimum order, sometimes it just goes that way 🙄 other times you get lucky. Oh dear about the surprise/shock EF visit, is it just a fairly quick call in, sorry it's causing a bit of extra upset. Maybe you didn't get out for a walk today after your early one yesterday, it was not that nice a day really. I moved on to listening to the Midwich Cuckoos last night, I don't think it was the best dramatization really but a spooky concept of course although not quite as spooky as your toadstool spider-lady 😬 yikes. Talk about if you go down to the woods today..! think I'll stay in and look out of one of your lovely flowery tea table windows. Funny how they use really quite shabby old woodwork for pretty pictures, never upvc is it, I know which I'd rather have 🌲unfortunately in real life you'd just get draughts & dry rot 😔. Have a good evening if poss see you soon :) xx

Hi to @Lisbeth glad you did get a cup of tea 😀 and hope you have had a good Saturday :) x

Waves to Kitty, Barbara, keef, Carol mig &c &c xx 😘

• bosh
    edited 28. Jan 2023, 21:08

Hi toady 🐸

I didn’t even notice the toadstool lady’s spider tentacles sorry about that

I did walk today actually, but the problem in my house is that I never know if I’ll be allowed to sleep properly after the walk, the arguments are so loud and my dad hasn’t exactly been blessed with a quiet and demure speaking voice 🙄

to be honest it’s always a shouting voice with him

those biscuits sound great just keep them away from LA lol

BR has got his first big boy bed and he practiced sleeping in it bless him

he took his little duvet and lay on the floor doing pretend snores 😂

He’s v happy with the new bed indeed 😀

yes true pretty wooden furniture etc online often not practical

yes people should be careful with loyalty cards, it’s easy to think you’re saving money when you’re not

one of my (few) loyalty cards is really rubbish, I keep getting the message “ card is in process of updating “ , I think it’s been like that for at least a month, I wonder what will it take to fully update itself? Should I tap my red shoes together 3 times? Not really my kind of thing though red shoes, might have to be black snow boots from “Tetchers” for bosh and the other budget -and truth -stretchers, I suppose I could complain but the idea is thoroughly off -putting, like phoning the bank lol.

red shoes are much more my sisters thing, maybe not scarlet shoes but she’s v much an “impractical footwear” person to put it diplomatically lol, megabrain pal is the same, I remember once she messaged me saying she was going to some work awards and drinks type affair so she was “panic - buying suit and shoes” as she called it in London, lol, seemed a bit much to me, I don’t always enjoy Reading but no one can say there’s a scarcity of shops lol, so she found the right clothes and also some heels that were so high that she’d be waddling like a toddler in nappies walking on stage to receive her award 😂

Ok I embellished by adding “toddler”, but she said “waddling” or something similar, I know it’s a fashion and cultural thing in some ways but why do some women do that to themselves? Also I don’t think it would impress her colleagues if she received the award and then fell flat on her face 😱 oh dear

the EF visit shouldn’t be for that long but my dad has already started filling house with cream cakes and goodness knows what 😡

I’ll go for now toady have a good night bye tc xx