Good night everyone xx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 3,947

Morning everyone xx

wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day I hope everything is going alright for you. Love toAnita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) will your packaging start again tomorrow. Have a good day. Is it spring the baby birds come.

Barbara (()) how are you and Mr B (()) doing. Have a good day. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) you will be so pleased to get to bed (()) Miss sleeke will be purring away when she sees you. Does it feel has if you have been away a month. I hope you haven’t got a lasting pain from your fall. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) your Dad is not a very happy person that makes you miserable you’re not like that (()) or your mum (()) have a good day.

Keef (()) and family have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 29. Jan 2023, 11:21

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you this morning?

hows your back?

hope your return journey went / is going ok?

things are a bit of a chaos here, EF will be visiting this afternoon

cream cakes and junk food everywhere 😱

pretty ooky

i know you must be tired so no pressure to post of course

just thought I’d write this message for when you’re ready 😀

bye for now tc xx

this is jelly island cake apparently xx

• bosh

👋Kitty and Barbara

hope you’re both well?

bye Tc xx

• bosh

Hi toady 🐸

how are you?

just had to share this with you

Star Trek latte art (sort of)

“caffeine the final frontier”

maybe I should send it to bill lol

bye Tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,095

Hi all :) calling in for one of those nice cups of tea and a digestive biscuit and thinking of frog who is maybe still in transit but I don't think so, and bosh who is hopefully coping with the vagaries of family & excess junk food🤞

Fairly quiet here, maybe fractionally less cold but the outdoors is still not very inviting, I did hang about long enough to count 3 mousies this morning frog 🐁🐁🐁 - and to catch Mr B being not altogether nice to Mrs B 😒 there was definitely a little contretemps of sorts going on. But she does seem to stand her ground so what else can you do but keep an eye. Nothing much else going on, plenty of bulbs coming up 🌷 and other things that I am bracing myself to go and look to see if they have survived the cold. Btw I hoped your clothes all stood you in good stead on the trip because I was thinking that I hope you weren't stuck for a spare hat or something of the right weight as you would be strict enough to not buy it I expect. Small piece of trivia for you that I just happened across; 'did you know' that coccyx is from the Greek for cuckoo 🐦️ well I didn't 😄. Thinking of you hope you are all fine :) xx

Hello joan, I will only have to pack parcels tomorrow if anyone buys anything today which I doubt they will, I have not got much up at the moment. I can have some bonus nectar card points if I sell an item by the 31st, so that's probably a sure guarantee that I won't til 1st Feb 😂. Yes some birdies will start thinking about nests as early as Feb but March is more usual I guess and depending on weather etc. Hope you are having a nice Sunday , have a good evening :)

Hi bosh hope things are going as well as poss 😬🤞thanks for finding time to pop in & out with nice pics for us, that coffee is very creative you could say enterprise-ing 😄 and as for that jelly & cake I would never ever have thought of doing that, and if I had I probably would have thought it would never work. Would you have a slice or a bowlful or what 😄. Btw spider-lady was fine I don't mind looking at that sort of arty spideriness it's just spooky as in a spooky fairy tale rather than scary real life 👍️. Sorry about your irritating loyalty card, hope you sort it eventually; right after that I saw an article saying to spend certain al fresco vouchers by end of Feb or something in case they expire, no idea what I've got or if mine will 🤔. They used to let you double them up for certain things but not so much now 🙄. Anyway I don't suppose mine would buy me some fancy shoes, probably only a pair of socks or two 😂 then again I don't have to go to awards ceremonies. I wonder what would have to change before ladies stop forcing themselves into high heels too, probably if enough influencers or something made flat heels a trend. I remember the actress Cybill Shepherd wearing trainers to the Emmys in 1985, that caused a stir but no-one has ever done it since apparently so it didn't change the course of history 👠. Glad little BR is so happy with his new bedroom furniture 😀 it's even nicer when you don't have to shop for it yourself or put it togethr (if there was any assembly that is). See you anon :) xx

Love to Barbara, Kitty, hello to keef Carol mig and Lisbeth too 👋 xx

and to any Sunday paper-reading cafe visitors (how are your crosswords 🤔) 😘 xx

• Lisbeth
    Lisbeth Member Posts: 46

Hi @toady thank you for the mention, I hope you have a peaceful evening.🙂

• bosh

Hi toady 🐸

I am completely shattered after EF visit

my dad also opened a load of windows for some reason so I was colder and in more pain than I needed to be

LA called me a cake and BR called me a dinosaur (well “disaur”) lol

the visit drove me to “gluco - zade” - which I had managed to avoid for a while.

I liked your “vector card” reference (the bee - related one) v good lol

my friend Roger calls the aforementioned drink “the hard stuff” 😂

i also don’t go to award ceremonies lol

no red carpet bashes for me

I am thinking of buying a family -member- related red alarm light system though

it could be attached to my alarm clock so the system analyses the family’s mood at 7 am for example and if it’s too angry red alarm light switches on and indicates that there’s no need for bosh to venture out of bed today and the neighbourhood white witches are bound to pop round in about half an hour with tea and porridge lol 🥣

Ok I’ll go for now good night toady Tc xx

good night also to @Lisbeth tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Jan 2023, 06:46

for @Lisbeth

Welcome to the café it's lovely to have you here.

Morning Joan I think I was very lucky not to break my ankle or wrist in that fall what an idiot I am! Just some very colourful bruises that's all. How are you and Sue doing? It's lovely to be home. Sleek was asleep in our bed squashed between our pillows under the covers😻 ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you today?

I saw you were feeling sluggish on Saturday and that EF had decided to spring a last minute visit on you all for yesterday? I do hope it went ok and HV is all calm today.

The neighbours' boys were on the roof? 😮I hope at least it was a flat roof on a garage and not the house roof. I also hope they don't ever do it when LA is visiting we don't want them giving him ideas do we?

It's lovely to be home I have missed everyone so much - at least I managed to post most days except yesterday when most of it was spent travelling. We flew first from Saigon Airport to Thailand (1.5 hours) with 2.5 hours there🙄 then 12.5 hours from Thailand to Heathrow then the drive home from there afterwards. I had a job staying awake until 8pm last night!

I loved all your pretty 'window' pictures I want to sit there reading a good book with a cuppa.

I think traffic lights for venturing out of your room maybe? red amber (caution) or green for go! I am glad the family visit went ok even if it was chilly and did drive you to gluo-zade. I love it, but like you rarely touch the 'hard stuff'!!

See you later😊

Morning Toady how are you today?

Thanks for sending my pusskin home she was waiting in our bed and came straight out for a cuddle and marathon purr session😍I hope she's been good and not eaten you out of house and home?

I did fall right down, but there were only 3 steps (black marble so not very visible) I fell forwards though so on my knee wrist and ankle. What an idiot, but I took lifts where available after that I promise. It was quite a mammoth journey home. I did try to sleep on the plane, but failed miserably so ended up going the best part of 36 hours without sleep. 'gaining' 7 hours into that equation didn't help at all😴

I'm very glad to see the ebay customer managed to scrape the money together for the item🙄 bless them eh? Taks all sorts and a lot of them use ebay.

Managed to get 2 loads of washing done yesterday and and the 3rd is in as I type.

My poor fitbit 'died' in Viet nam just a black screen. Have googled the solution with no luck it seems I will need a new one😕

Ooooh! so soon we will see the cold frame in situ! Well done rehinging and yes you had to use that pun really didn't you😁

some cambodian food for everyone to try...vegan option as always available.

Toni x

• bosh
    edited 30. Jan 2023, 08:17

Good morning everyone xx

wppl xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) It will be nice when it gets a bit warmer. Have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) our Covid places have closed now. I hope you have a good day today. We have sun today.

Barbara (()) I hope everything is going alright there. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I’m sorry if you have a lot of pain I hope you had a good night last night in your bed. Good luck with Paul’s appointment. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope everything went well with your little visitor. How is your mum (()) i hope you have a good day.

Keef (()) have a good day

Lisbeth (()) How are you.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi toady 🐸

how are you this afternoon?

im reeling from a double Vesuvius situation 😱😡

more than slightly ooky

thats interesting about the actress

sorry I got it wrong LA said “where’s the cake?” instead of hi Auntie goddess mima, then his dad told him off so he gave the conventional greeting and repeated the cake enquiry lol

ill go for now just booking a blood test, what fun haha

will try to post more later

bfn tc xx

• toady

'Afternoon all 👋 have just heard that the roofman should be coming tomorrow 😱 I say should, barring more freak accidents, vans breaking down, alien abductions 👽️🙄 so that person you can see doing a months' worth of housework in one day is me 😂. If I can I will pop in later, if not and if all goes well I will hopefully report back tomorrow. If it doesn't go well, I'll leave that to the imagination 🤨.

Welcome home frog and love to everyone 😘 keep your fingers crossed for me folks and all teas & bics gratefully received, see you later maybe xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

glad you got back ok

traffic light system is good 👍

im ok thanks

just need to was hair etc before famous haircut tomorrow

bfn Tc xx

hi Joan

how are you and Sue?

visit was good in some ways thanks both boys were a bit naughty tho lol

bfn Tc xx

• bosh

Hi toady 🐸

glad spider - lady didn’t give you the maximum ooks

v good news about roofer

hope the housework is going well

ive got the hairdressers tomorrow but it’s v local so I can just walk there

hopefully my hair won’t transform me into a green - faced witch or anything of similar ookyness 😱🧙‍♀️

good night toady and Tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni

All is never calm here to be honest but thanks

it was better than yesterday

house roof I think

LA too short to see the naughty boys -atm that is

haircut tomorrow

shame about FB but are they that great though?

I often feel we spend too much time over - analysing things that should be simple but of course if you enjoy them no shame in them

ok v tired now

good night T bye tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hoppe Bosh doesn't give the hairdresser free reign to do what he likes at the hairdressers 😣

Morning Joan. Don't worry about me I am fine just not sleeping so well bit of jetlag probably. I forgot to say paul's appointment got put back to the 14th Feb so we will have to be patient a while longer. Thanks for remembering though. Love to you both ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi. Oh dear me a double dose of HV?! That's not good at all. Today you are off to the hairdresser just remember don't say how often you have used conditioner just that you have used it because that's true. No Ooky hairdos please! Good you can walk there and don't need a lift 😊

I am very pleased to hear LA is too small to learn any new tricks from the neighbours' boys just yet. Still his Dad was right to point out hello Auntie Mima comes before 'where's the cake'🤭 He is such a character that boy (LA not BIL) gives everyone lots of laughs.

How is your Mum doing? Ok I hope.

I use my fitbit carefully don't worry I just like to see how many steps I do and make sure I walk at least 5xs a week. I also like to see how well (badly) I've slept. This new one will tell me lots of other stuff, but that's all I watch. Luckily i don't get too anxious about my stats. My sister used to so hers had to go. She would get stessed and over exercise so it was no good for her at all.

Any idea how I can improve my sleep? I think it's probably just jetlag after the time distance and going too long without rest, but I am waking at 1am and can't get back off.

Take care and hope you have a good day.

Morning Toady I hope you got the housework done in time. Kari was doing the same yesterday. We had to both visit my brother as he is recovering from the operation to reattach his thigh muscle after his fall in December.

I was only doing washing and drying and some ironing.....

Today I am going to go for a 🚶 sans fitbit as mine died in Viet nam so waiting for a new one to arrive.

I hope the roofer arrives with no alien forces beaming him up or typhoons sweeping him away. maybe it will even be warm enough to place the new cold frame outside.

Best of 🤞

Take care everyone

warm winter breakfast

Hi to @Lisbeth if she calls in.

• bosh

Hi everyone xx

wppl xx

ps cheeky monkey’s breakfast lol xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) We have sunshine today I hope you have. Have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope your roof man comes with his tools. Have a good day. Good luck with the house work.

Barbara (()) I hope everyone is alright there. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) yes is was a good job you did not break something. Sorry about your watch (()) that was good you could change Paul’s appointment. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope your hair appointment goes well (()) love to your mum (())

Keef (()) Have a good day

Lisbeth (()) have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

im not too bad thanks

haircut went ok thanks

I really needed it as it was looking a bit like a birds nest lol

mums ok today thanks

bye for Tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today?

hairdresser didn’t go to outlandish extremes luckily thanks lol

yes good that I didn’t need a lift 👍

Yes LA is def a cheeky one lol

Bill got a bit upset because he thought there was a massive bottle of wart - rose posh brand cola in our fridge but I had to point out it was actually chai tea syrup lol

So his reckless sugar - consumption didn’t according to plan that time

good you’re not getting obsessed with FB

I think one sleep - tip, you may not agree of course, but I’ll state it anyway, unless someone like a mental health professional, or any medical person, has told you to count the hours mins etc don’t analyse it too much, other than that comforting drinks I guess

hows your back?

gtg now to before magical coconut water energy wears off

bfn Tc xx

• bosh

Good evening toady 🐸

how are you?

did the roofer appear?

haircut experience wasn’t too ooky lol

I’m ok thanks just a bit tired

i won’t need to tie a bundle of hemp to my head at least

BR starts his new nursery tomorrow

the other babies “signed” a massive card with their hand prints - bless him.

bye for now tc xx

Ps Leola’s little bro is enjoying his dinner I see lol.

i thought the second pic could be a new look for us, no wardrobe worries and no hair at all, plus no one can have low folic acid level if they belong to the giant mushroom species lol 🍄 xx

• toady

Hi all 👋 still here, just about, newly re-roofed.. hopefully successfully 😬 one less thing to think about anyway! except having aspersions cast on my ridge tiles but no surprises there (will come back to that).

Anyway not much left in the tank now 😖 so it's a quick hello and will look forward to a proper chat tomorrow. To be honest most of the housework was not vital frog, but you just never know, and I'd rather be prepared.. for one thing I had the horrors that the flat roof plaster would fall in and I would have builders peering into the room 😂 so had to cater for that slightly far-fetched eventuality. Thank you for the good wishes & glad all's well at home, aside of your brother (I know I didn't reply to your previous mention & I can't find it now, is he recovering at now or still 'in'?). How is your friend? Sleek was no trouble at all btw 😺 and I traded notes with Kitty so we all knew which of her claims that the other had underspoiled her were exaggerated 😉. Have you heard from Kitty? Hope you will readjust to things soon and start to sleep for England - I can't get used now to you not posting in the middle of the night 😂 . Yes hopefully it will be cold frame full steam ahead, and 5 minutes' peace 😊. xx

Hello joan, yes the roofman brought all his own things, thanks for thinking of me - apart from borrowing a broom 🧹 and a couple of mugs of tea. No accidents this time I was nervous that I would get a message this morning that it was postponed, at least it's one thing done. What Covid places did you mean yesterday, is it where you went for jabs. Hope you and Sue had a good day :) xx

Now, where's the cake? oh I mean Hi bosh, where are my manners 😳😄 will catch up properly with your news soon, hope I haven't missed much I did see you were booking bloods, did you get a convenient appt? and you made it to the HD 😀👍️ I am still laughing at 'harassed hair', actually mine does the harassing it has never had any trouble from me no dyes no rollers no curling tongs, what thanks do I get for it 😂. Thanks for the moral support re roof and housework, so glad it's done no early start tomorrow 😱. Hope things settling down with you post EF not too many windows wide open and the fridge back to minimal cream cake levels. Kind of amusing about Bil & the 'cola', heh heh, yes that would have thwarted his plans! It reminded me of a girl on a school trip with me who was sold a bottle of dilutable squash not something you could drink straight away, we then got back on a coach so when she realized, she couldn't do anything about it & was v annoyed. Group tomorrow, if you are going - hope it stays fine and you have a good night 👍️. See you soon :) xx

Night all I will be making a last milk drink then I am off so any late callers may have to sort out their own tea arrangements 😄

Love to Barbara and Kitty, thinking of you 😘 xx

and everyone xx

• bosh

Good night toady and everyone xx