Another Newbie

AuntiePop
AuntiePop Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Many thanks for allowing me to join this group. I am over 80 and have arthritis in back, hip and knees , also hand. My husband is disabled and I am his full time carer. It will be great to listen and talk to others who are also aflicted in this way and to see the ways in which they are able to cope with everyday life. You all take care

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522
    edited 20. Mar 2023, 18:25

Welcome to the forum, @AuntiePop I see that you have arthritis in your back, hip, knees and hand. You are the carer for your disabled husband.

This is a big burden to carry. I hope that you will find, now that your message has passed moderation and been released to the forum, that other members of the community will have helpful tips and information to offer.

Here is a link to our website that offers tips for living with arthritis:

The very best of luck and do keep posting to let us know how you and your husband are getting on.

Tom,

Moderator.

• Kerenza68
    Kerenza68 Member Posts: 15
    edited 20. Mar 2023, 18:24

Hi @AuntiePop

I'm new here too and just wanted to say hello. That's an awful lot you're having to deal with. I have a carer come in every day for an hour to help out, this was done through the social services. I'm not sure if you're in the UK but you can ask them for help if you are. I didn't want to go down that route initially but it's one of the best things I've done. There's nothing wrong with needing some help, I hope other people in a similar position might have other ideas. Sometimes it's just nice to be heard by someone who truly understands, take care,

Karen