Sjögren’s syndrome

Franbie
Franbie Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Comments

• Franbie

My story so far.

Hi I had an appointment with a rheumatologist yesterday and with my dr referral letter, ultrasound scan report it looks very likely that I have sjogrens. I’ve had on and off problems with my glands & ended up in a&e in 2001 where they had to take my submandibular gland out. My latest scan shows growths on my parotid gland which is swollen and very painful. I’ve suffered with dry eyes & mouth for many years. Pains in hands & feet I also have very sore gums & mouth ulcers. My eyes are also getting worse with my vision blurring. Last but not least I have started to suffer with IBS. I suppose what I’d like to know now is what happens next.

• Franbie

• CarylW
    CarylW Moderator Posts: 260

Hello @Franbie

It can be very difficult to receive a diagnosis without the chance to make a list of the questions you might want to ask the consultant. I am sure that people on this forum may be able to help you with support and give you an idea of what comes next.

I am going to give you some links to information on our website which I hope may help in the meantime. Please do ask us any questions and let us know how you are getting on.

We look forward to hearing from you. Take care.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Franbie

Thank you for your reply. It’s much appreciated.

Franbie