Newly diagnosed and feeling a bit helpless

Phoebe1
Phoebe1 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone just saying hello

I amm looking forward to chatting with you all.

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Moderator Posts: 260

Hello @Phoebe1

I am glad you have found our online community. We are a friendly group of people and we hope to offer you help and support: being newly diagnosed can be quite frightening and I'm not surprised you feel helpless!

I am posting some information from our website which I hope will be a start for you. If you can give us a bit more information I am sure we can target our help better for you.

Do keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Phoebe1

Thankyou , I was told my diagnosis and then told to take a load of tablets. Which havnt worked that much I asked would it be ok for me to go for walks my GP said she can't answer that as everyone is different. We have a touring caravan and really love going away in it. I don't have to give everything up surely. A bit of an essay sorry.

• Moira
    Moira Member Posts: 88

Hello and welcome.

I'm convinced that I rattle when I move with tablets!

It depends on the tablets. Some are designed to work quickly and some build up so it can take a wee bit to feel the benefit. Over the years I have, with help from a good GP and rheumatology dept., been able to sort out a regime that I can live with. I think tablets react in different ways with different people. It may take a wee while to find out which mixture suits you best - it did with me.

Sadly there are no quick fixes for us. I think you should go for walks. The secret is to keep moving but not overdo it. The exercise videos here on VA are brilliant and I use the ones that suit me with exercises that my physio gave me.

I would say if you are happy touring in your caravan do it.

Good luck.

• Phoebe1

Thankyou Moira, your message has helped alot .